10U daughter's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
My daughter has been putting in a lot of work in an attempt to improve her swing. She rarely strikes out, but has been having trouble driving the ball on contact. Her last game she started to break out going 3-3 with an inside the park HR down the right field line, a double to right (this video), and a single up the middle. Any critique on her swing that could continue to help her improve would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's hard to offer any advice off of one swing. If you want the kind folks on here to help critique your DD's swing, you need to post a video of her during batting practice with several swings. Off of a tee or front toss would be good.

Apr 25, 2019
I am by no means a hitting guy but the thing that jumps out at me is it looks like she is poking the bat out there and swatting at it. It may just be a function of the slow pitching but I would work on getting her hips involved and "hit" the ball. She can obviously see the ball well, now I would just focus on mechanics.

Jul 28, 2019
Steubenville, OH
I am by no means a hitting guy but the thing that jumps out at me is it looks like she is poking the bat out there and swatting at it. It may just be a function of the slow pitching but I would work on getting her hips involved and "hit" the ball. She can obviously see the ball well, now I would just focus on mechanics.
Thanks for the input. Definitely something we need to look at and work on.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
IMHO she doesn’t have any type of load in her swing...... I see that she probably believes she does by the way she sets up, steps the front foot forward while bringing the hands up and back. Which is good that she understands that part but it isn’t dynamic..... it is very mechanical and really doesn’t accomplish anything IMO. She is still full of slack when she decides to attack the ball. There are a lot of things that she needs to learn to become an efficient hitter but she is young and can get there, it will just take a good bit of work on both your parts.

Photo%20Oct%2007%2C%201%2055%2048%20PM.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478