10U Coaches Bag??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
similar experience this weekend - mound was at 40 instead of 35. However, not that many pitches bounced. Not that many pitches were strikes either. (Rec league, opening weekend). Spoke with the other coach about it yesterday - neither of us thought it would have made much of a difference. Of course, my daughter stands on the rubber @ 35', looks at me, and says "this is SO much closer! Thanks a lot Dad!". The pitchers circle was already marked, probably from a HS game the previous day, that we never thought to check. Oops...

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Yup! Forgot to check a field before a game in the fall. Turns out they set it up at 40ft and not 35ft and we couldn't figure out why my pitcher wasn't able to reach the plate! It was an away game but I now check all away fields before we take it. We figured it out after the top of 1st and agreed with the other coach to have them play at 40 for the first inning then we moved it for the rest of the game (wasn't an important game, if it was really important I might've made a stink to see if we could've replayed the top of the 1st.) I wonder what the official rule is on that? :)

Official rule is the change is made at discovery and the game continues.

You don't need a tape measure. Stand at 1st base and visualize a line straight across to 3rd base... 35' will be way in front of this line, 40' is just in front of the line, 43' is just behind the line.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Handkerchief for cleaning glasses or blood. (ball towel has doubled as a blood soaker, but parents feel better when you're getting one of your nice white handkerchiefs ruined)
Instant cold pack (more for practices as concessions usually has ice)
rule book (because you can't throw the pdf in your phone at an umpire or parent)

May 6, 2015
Official rule is the change is made at discovery and the game continues.

You don't need a tape measure. Stand at 1st base and visualize a line straight across to 3rd base... 35' will be way in front of this line, 40' is just in front of the line, 43' is just behind the line.

I got myself a rope (clothes line actually), went to field that had all three rubbers on it, tied knots at "0" 35, 40, 43, 60, and 85 feet (home to second). If I was smarter I would have put a little piece of those color stips you tie on end of lumber sticking out of your truck in each knot. the "0" knot was a foot or so in, just in case the rope frayed, etc. my distances still were valid.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I must suck as a coach. I bring a bucket of balls, my glove, 6 TCB balls, one ice pack and the score book. I coach 10U.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28