10U Catcher's mitt - recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there!

My name is Jo, and I work in the Fastpitch Division at All-Star Sporting Goods. I would be happy to provide some additional information about our catcher's mitts.

We currently have 3 catcher's mitts: AF Series 31.5", AF Series 33.5", AF-Elite Series 33.5". For your daughter playing at the 10U level, I would recommend either our AF Series 31.5" or our AF Series 33.5"

The primary difference between these two mitts is obviously size. If your daughter will be playing with 10" or 11" softballs for a few years, then I would go with the 31.5". If she's already playing with the 12" ball, then go with the 33.5"

Both mitts are constructed with the traditional double-heel break. Overall, both are relatively soft out of the box, allowing for a fast break-in time, which is part for a player wanting to use it right away.

You can find more information on our mitt line here.

Hope this information helps... Good luck!

My daughter is a 2011 player who will be playing 10U for the next couple of years. She played up in the spring in 10U and has been playing on a travel-lite since August (very common in California these days as rec leagues are practice-only) and was using an Akadema baseball catcher's mitt. It had a bit of an issue with pocket size for the ball and seemed a bit heavy for her.

Well, she lost it. My parents need some Christas gift ideas, so looking for a mitt that'll serve her well for the next two years. I'm all ears on recommendations. My biggest preference is something that won't take a year to break in.

Thanks in advance!

Seth

Nov 18, 2015
Thanks Jo.

Are you aware of any Black Friday specials planned for All Star? Lots of parents here will be having a glove purchase in mind for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2020
I am... but I can't give away all of our secrets :) I can tell you though that we are going bigger this year than any year in the past - especially as it relates to gloves and mitts for women as well as men!

Your best bet to find out what we are up to is to make sure you follow our Instagram accounts: @allstarsportinggoods & @allstarfp

Thanks Jo.

Are you aware of any Black Friday specials planned for All Star? Lots of parents here will be having a glove purchase in mind for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2020
I am... but I can't give away all of our secrets :) I can tell you though that we are going bigger this year than any year in the past - especially as it relates to gloves and mitts for women as well as men!

Your best bet to find out what we are up to is to make sure you follow our Instagram accounts: @allstarsportinggoods & @allstarfp
Anybody see any of the aforementioned fastpitch Black Friday specials? I can't find anything.

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there!

The biggest deal that we dropped this holiday weekend is that all of our fielding gloves are now $120 (regularly $140) with a 6-month #glovelove guarantee. In other words, a player can use it, break it in, beat up on it, and if they don't love it, they can return it to us - free of charge.

There's no special deals on our fastpitch mitts or catcher's gear, but if you spend over $350 with us this weekend, we'll throw in a free All-Star beanie (while supplies last).

Last, but certainly not least, we also just dropped some awesome All-Star apparel and swag, so that you can rep your favorite brand on and off the field :)

Let me know if you have any additional questions; happy shopping!

Anybody see any of the aforementioned fastpitch Black Friday specials? I can't find anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802