1 bat or 2 🤔

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2018
I have told this to everybody...get a cheap bp bat to beat the sh!t out of. Why beat up a gamer and break it just
for friggin' T work or whatever else. New bats arent like the tanks of old.

This is also what makes me laugh when people say, hey, my bat broke and it only lasted 10 games...haha. I always
think in my head, wonder how many non-game swings did it take. Yeah, 75 games swings...4000 bp/toss/T swings :)
I’m listening now Core. Hearing that contact 300 times at her last lesson was getting my bat replacement spider sense tingling. I’m off to find a Rocketech, Mako or other beater so I can breath a little easier for a few months anyway!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thx AD, yeah she is a big strong 12u playing up to 14. I like the Rocketech suggestion as that would make a great BP bat for winter time. Might also keep my eyes open for a Mako. Do you happen to know how the swing feels compared to the Ghost?
On which one, the RT or the Mako?

If the Rocketech, I've never swung a 34" RT but I have swung a 33". I personally think they have the sweetest end load swing weight feel of any bat I've ever swung!

If the Mako, again I've never swung a 34". Anna did have a 32/22 years back, she absolutely hated it! You might want to check Eric's bat weight database to see some accurate weights. The Mako just may weight a little more than the Ghost (?) but I don't know that for sure, I'd almost imagine they feel pretty similar?

So to answer your question, no I don't know, we're pretty new to this Easton thing. That 32/22 Mako was never really "her" bat if you know what I mean........it didn't have LS LXT stamped on it anywhere! :rolleyes:

Feb 7, 2013
When you say the bats "break" are you talking about losing some "pop" and performance or actually cracks in the bat? I have rarely seen bats "break" and were unuseable. With that said, I would think that with normal use you should be able to about 1 year out of the bat and then use the "old bat" as your practice bat. The reality is most of the these girls are growing each year and will need a new bat every year anyways. Lastly, if you have a big/strong DD, she should not be using a -10 unless maybe she is a slapper?

Mar 1, 2018
On which one, the RT or the Mako?

If the Rocketech, I've never swung a 34" RT but I have swung a 33". I personally think they have the sweetest end load swing weight feel of any bat I've ever swung!

If the Mako, again I've never swung a 34". Anna did have a 32/22 years back, she absolutely hated it! You might want to check Eric's bat weight database to see some accurate weights. The Mako just may weight a little more than the Ghost (?) but I don't know that for sure, I'd almost imagine they feel pretty similar?

So to answer your question, no I don't know, we're pretty new to this Easton thing. That 32/22 Mako was never really "her" bat if you know what I mean........it didn't have LS LXT stamped on it anywhere! :rolleyes:
I was asking about the Mako and generally how is the swing feel vs Ghost, or more importantly it doesn’t swing like a Demarini which she hates. Use to strictly be a Xeno kid until she got her hands on the Ghost last summer. We had a 33/23 Techzilla which she liked and maybe the slight end load on the Rocketech would be a good approach since that would be her next size up.

Mar 1, 2018
When you say the bats "break" are you talking about losing some "pop" and performance or actually cracks in the bat? I have rarely seen bats "break" and were unuseable. With that said, I would think that with normal use you should be able to about 1 year out of the bat and then use the "old bat" as your practice bat. The reality is most of the these girls are growing each year and will need a new bat every year anyways. Lastly, if you have a big/strong DD, she should not be using a -10 unless maybe she is a slapper?
Well so far this year she has definitely cracked her 2018 Ghost and her 2018 Xeno (backup) has lost its pop according to her, and a 17u Xeno girl that took some swings with it. Enough so that she doesn’t want to use it in games. Hence my concern with her new Ghost. I want get at least a year out of it, if possible. All the feedback has convinced me to start the search for a BP beater ASAP.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would suggest finding a cheap Mako...only to try and keep the whole composite feel the same with
your bp bat. I turned many people on to that white/blue Mako for their beater bat...its a tank and
actually feels pretty good

Jun 8, 2016
Just buy a 1 piece bat..my DD has one and she could probably use that for games,BP,wood chopping and beating her father over the head and it wouldn't break (and I have a hard head..) :LOL:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I do agree they take more of a whipping, but if you want the same feel as a multipiece, might as well get
a cheap multipiece...and there are tanks out there :)

I am a once piece fan myself, but its def not the times anymore :(

Jun 8, 2016
I do agree they take more of a whipping, but if you want the same feel as a multipiece, might as well get
a cheap multipiece...and there are tanks out there :)

I am a once piece fan myself, but its def not the times anymore :(
I know..I was just kidding around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802