šŸ˜In the spirit of analyzing anything possible

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I agree and I have an unreasonable dislike of first baseman's gloves in softball. Players drop too many balls at the younger ages trying to figure it out.

It's probably just me but I wish they would just use their regular gloves.

I played 1B in baseball so I get it, but damn. 2B is covering 1B a lot of the time anyways (with a regular glove).

Unreasonable rant over...
Actually didn't think that was unreasonable at all.

Luv catching with my Fielding glove. I'm a defensive player with the added pleasure of framing.

Some first base & Catching mitt's have awkwardly small pockets. Dont grasp well. To much padding.

Feb 25, 2020
I agree and I have an unreasonable dislike of first baseman's gloves in softball. Players drop too many balls at the younger ages trying to figure it out.

I played 1B in baseball so I get it, but damn. 2B is covering 1B a lot of the time anyways (with a regular glove).

I agree with you. Even in the case where a 10u player can handle a ~24 oz glove, and there are certainly plenty of 10u players who can do just fine with them, I really think they would develop more glove skills by using a sub 20 oz glove(dd's a950 is 16.5 oz not 15 like I misremembered previously).

For my DD, it's almost pointless to do hands drills with the ~24 oz glove(this is average for a 12" HoH/a2000 level glove) . It's a waste of time(partly). Put on the 16 oz one and she is cooking with gas.

Oct 10, 2018
DD played first with her "regular" glove from 10-12U and until her coach from her 14U team insisted she try/play with a mitt. At first she didn't like it but loves it now, a Liberty Advanced.

Dec 11, 2010
I know Westwind is the King here of gadgets, gimmicks, and all things hitting related. Iā€™m a little different, give me a shopping cart with 300 balls, a Tanner Tee, and a screen for front toss, I believe in repetition
Iā€™ve been meaning to post this for a couple of days!

2738CD99-6EDF-449E-BFB0-1466636F4383.jpeg
Iā€™ve got balls, lol!

Even though I like goodies, there is NO substitute for a pitching screen and lots of balls.

I just replaced my 7x7 pillow case net, I had patched up the old one and it finally gave up the ghost.

Jun 8, 2016

View attachment 24526
Iā€™ve got balls, lol!

Even though I like goodies, there is NO substitute for a pitching screen and lots of balls.

I just replaced my 7x7 pillow case net, I had patched up the old one and it finally gave up the ghost.
I am usually pretty good at keeping my wallet closed if we don't really need something but I do have a weakness when it comes to buying softballs/baseballs..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

View attachment 24526
Iā€™ve got balls, lol!

Oh, any guy with all the hitting tools you have is going to have tons of balls to go along with them, never doubted that!

I spy me some Horween! ;)

Feb 24, 2021
Awesome setup Westwind! I am working on something like that now, I have 2 car front to back garage and the back garage us getting repurposed from a woodworking shop to some softball and core strength training!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

I am with you on that...for sure. Believe me, not just for young girls either...you should see slowpitch. Guys will go over to play first, and think they
need a 1b mitt right away, and they cant use one. Instead of just using their big regular glove they are used to. They they go on to drop ball
after ball and look awkward even catching a ball...drives me crazy. Or they are told they are going to play a game there here and there...they think they need to go get a 1b mitt...haha. Like, what are you doing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28