💥CONGRATULATIONS KAYLA💥

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Looks like she'll have to find a Burlington Coat Factory or a Columbia outlet store to get some warm clothes. No palm trees in Aurora.
Good luck to Kayla!
She said people are telling her she will learn to use clothing layers. One week she went on two campus visits back-to-back. One was at Southern Alabama then she went up to Aurora in Illinois it was 77 degrees difference.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
... Chicago is one of the few American cities with a real personality. ...
People "Down-State" might have a different slant on that "real personality." LOL

Heck Aurora University is just down the road from me. It is only 4 hours and 4 minutes to my front door. :cool:

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Congrats.

Not too far from where I worked in St. Charles (now at home due to Covid) but if you are ever in a pinch just reach out and another softball family could help. I know it can be stressful being far away.

I grew up in Chicago (proper) and here is my suggestion. Stay away. There are plenty of things to do in nearby Naperville, Geneva, St. Charles, Downers Grove, etc.. The NW suburbs are way safer than downtown Chicago. If she does venture to Chicago, I would suggest not taking public transportation (metra is okay, but I'd skip the blue/red lines etc..), going in small groups, going during the day, keep your head on a swivel, and carry pepper spray. For Cubs games, there is a (very safe) bus system that takes you down for the game and it's like $4 that ran out of Schaumburg and there may be something similar that is closer.

Oh yeah, and one thing I forgot to mention that goes without saying. Dress warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood