“You’ve come a long way, baby”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
My HS apparently had softball, although I don't think I even knew it at the time (late 80s). Turns out it was slowpitch and they wore shorts. Was fastpitch even a high school sport anywhere back then?

Nov 18, 2015
My HS apparently had softball, although I don't think I even knew it at the time (late 80s). Turns out it was slowpitch and they wore shorts. Was fastpitch even a high school sport anywhere back then?
It was in Jersey - probably since at least the 70's. It seemed like most HS in NJ had a softball team by the late 80's.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Look at this gem.... No batting helmets. One teams catcher has no shin guards, A player with the name "Snookie Mulder" ( 9:00 mark).... And they are actually great players. The good ol' days! :)

That's CT legend and Florida Atlantic coach Joan Joyce batting cleanup for the Falcons (Brakettes).

Jan 8, 2019
Look at this gem.... No batting helmets. One teams catcher has no shin guards, A player with the name "Snookie Mulder" ( 9:00 mark).... And they are actually great players. The good ol' days! :)

Great diving play at a slapped pop up short on the 3b line at the 4:50 mark. Really nice pitch out about a minute or so later! They rocked!

Oh, and, seriously? Sliding in those shorts?!?!?! That took some serious chutzpah!

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA

This is awesome. Thanks for posting.

Apr 16, 2013
Man, I had no idea they played fastpitch back then. And that pitching motion, is that legal today? Honestly because I'm a submariner pitcher and I think I could actually throw like that. It's pretty dang close to a baseball submariner pitch minus the windup.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Wow thank you for posting this! Faces and Names of old memories!!!!!

Mar 20, 2019
Those bats were nothing but aluminum tube shaped over a mandrel.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom