Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anyone know about this Indiana Tournament- Top 100 Showcase

  1. #1
    I can talk softball all day Big Daddy Michigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 76 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Anyone know about this Indiana Tournament- Top 100 Showcase

    Is it a good event?

    Anyone know about the results?

  2. #2
    TMD
    TMD is offline
    I can talk softball all day TMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    313
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 296 Times in 134 Posts

    Default

    I see it on Tourney Machine, but no results were entered (https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...af78ddb1a7f741). Looks like a good number of teams mainly from IN, OH, and IL. I'm not familiar with many of the teams listed, but I did see a couple of Bandits Demarini teams, and Bandits usually stick to tournaments or showcases with stronger fields.

  3. #3
    Certified softball maniac GunnerShotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Thanks
    805
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 610 Posts

    Default

    It's a PGF event and those are the best teams in the Midwest. You cannot just "enter" that tournament, you have to be approved.

    They play at Grand Park which is a recently built million dollar sports park. They hold about three top of the line fast pitch tournaments there in the fall.

  4. #4
    Certified softball maniac MNDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,505
    Thanks
    1,756
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerShotgun View Post
    It's a PGF event and those are the best teams in the Midwest. You cannot just "enter" that tournament, you have to be approved.

    They play at Grand Park which is a recently built million dollar sports park. They hold about three top of the line fast pitch tournaments there in the fall.
    Translations = Your check has to clear
    Relax and enjoy the ride

  5. #5
    13th Step Softball Addict coach james's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mid West
    Posts
    3,769
    Thanks
    3,150
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMD View Post
    I see it on Tourney Machine, but no results were entered (https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...af78ddb1a7f741). Looks like a good number of teams mainly from IN, OH, and IL. I'm not familiar with many of the teams listed, but I did see a couple of Bandits Demarini teams, and Bandits usually stick to tournaments or showcases with stronger fields.
    Indy Bandits Elite/ DiMarini is the team I coached 2 years ago! Magic Gold Ruble is an old buddy of mine! That'll be the team to beat here. He's got an 05 pitcher that could be an ace on a ton college teams!
    "The only difference between average and exceptional, is the attention to detail applied to the task... Don't practice mistakes." James Clark

  6. #6
    I can talk softball all day YoungBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 99 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Translations = Your check has to clear
    Well said.

  7. #7
    Certified softball maniac GunnerShotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Thanks
    805
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    Translations = Your check has to clear
    Agreed that a lot of showcases are that way but these events at Grand Park are different. You have to submit your resume and then it seems pretty random who gets chosen. They tend to limit the number from the same organization from what I can tell.

    It's not like the Stingrays but it also isn't pay to play.

    One tip to coaches is to submit your money when you apply (sometimes you can apply first and pay later). Tournament directors hate sending back cash they have in their hand.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to GunnerShotgun For This Useful Post:

    MNDad (10-16-2018)

  9. #8
    Certified softball maniac MNDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,505
    Thanks
    1,756
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerShotgun View Post
    Agreed that a lot of showcases are that way but these events at Grand Park are different. You have to submit your resume and then it seems pretty random who gets chosen. They tend to limit the number from the same organization from what I can tell.

    It's not like the Stingrays but it also isn't pay to play.

    One tip to coaches is to submit your money when you apply (sometimes you can apply first and pay later). Tournament directors hate sending back cash they have in their hand.
    I recognized most of the club names and they commonly produce great teams. Limiting number from same organization and making sure you're getting one of their competitive teams is great. With some having 4-5 teams at an age level there's a huge difference in the caliber of play.
    Relax and enjoy the ride

  10. #9
    I'm a fan SonicMojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    We were there this year for 16U. Saw about 30-40 D-1 coaches and a handful of D-2 and D-3 coaches. It's like Scenic City though--there are some areas where there is very little coach activity. Also, for whatever reason they have run rule when it's supposed to be a showcase event. In other words, if you play too good, you don't get to showcase your talent as much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Segment -- Burn -- Conversion --