Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Select 30 All American Camp?

  1. #1
    Softball Junkie DRDRODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 203 Times in 127 Posts

    Default Select 30 All American Camp?

    I am wondering if anyone has attended the Select 30 All American Camp and what their thoughts are on it? I have read that people attended the tryouts but I am not sure if they actually attended the Select 30 camp that runs with the NPF championships.

  2. #2
    I can talk softball all day CatchTheFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 76 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRDRODD View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has attended the Select 30 All American Camp and what their thoughts are on it? I have read that people attended the tryouts but I am not sure if they actually attended the Select 30 camp that runs with the NPF championships.
    Yes, DD attended last year in Alabama. I'd say it was a decent experience, especially for the 30 girls that are selected. The problem is most people viewed it as a money grab based on the lack of personnel there to evaluate the field and the lack of reps taken to actually evaluate. They supposedly provide stats based off the sprint times, throwing, etc, but they somehow managed to lose all of the information for the field that my daughter tried out on (about 60 girls). We we're not compensated in any way.

  3. #3
    Softball Junkie DRDRODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 203 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CatchTheFever View Post
    Yes, DD attended last year in Alabama. I'd say it was a decent experience, especially for the 30 girls that are selected. The problem is most people viewed it as a money grab based on the lack of personnel there to evaluate the field and the lack of reps taken to actually evaluate. They supposedly provide stats based off the sprint times, throwing, etc, but they somehow managed to lose all of the information for the field that my daughter tried out on (about 60 girls). We we're not compensated in any way.
    Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me if there is any type of exposure that goes along with attending the camp?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    I can talk softball all day CatchTheFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 76 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRDRODD View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me if there is any type of exposure that goes along with attending the camp?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imo, very little. I'm sure there's some for the girls that make the team. My problem is they don't put the required effort in to truly evaluate the girls so it's a bit of a favorites game or toss up. There's at least 1 other thread on this with alot more replies if you search for it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchTheFever For This Useful Post:

    DRDRODD (03-15-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •