Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 162

Thread: Swing adjustments

  1. #21
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball FiveFrameSwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,967
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 10,344 Times in 7,179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    I did not make either comparison. Kent definitely has the "missing frames"....



  2. #22
    Softball Junkie justanotherguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 279 Times in 189 Posts

    Default

    Just take your latest swing and work slowly amigo. Don't stress. Focus on what the guy said above, "She is light years ahead of the average girl her age." My DD was 8yo too when I first started looking at this swing stuff. She's 15 now. It goes by quickly.

  3. #23
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 464 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    I guess you didn’t get my “missing frames” humor.....Bass will get it

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spartans21 For This Useful Post:

    FiveFrameSwing (12-27-2018), rdbass (12-27-2018)

  5. #24
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball FiveFrameSwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,967
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 10,344 Times in 7,179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    I guess you didn’t get my “missing frames” humor.....Bass will get it
    Actually I did ... made me chuckle ... but the 'real missing frames' were on the 'left'.

    It's a pet peeve of mine when I see video like this that attempts to prove a point with video that is doctored.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveFrameSwing For This Useful Post:

    Spartans21 (12-27-2018)

  7. #25
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
    Just take your latest swing and work slowly amigo. Don't stress. Focus on what the guy said above, "She is light years ahead of the average girl her age." My DD was 8yo too when I first started looking at this swing stuff. She's 15 now. It goes by quickly.
    I plan on it. I'm just taking it slow. Just learning stuff also.

  8. #26
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 464 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    Actually I did ... made me chuckle ... but the 'real missing frames' were on the 'left'.

    It's a pet peeve of mine when I see video like this that attempts to prove a point with video that is doctored.
    Hahah alright good!

    Yeah I'm not sure where I got it, it was in my library. I use gif brewery when making my own gifs. I do not even know how to delete a frame!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartans21 For This Useful Post:

    FiveFrameSwing (12-27-2018)

  10. #27
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Check out where the bat speed is. Where the bat gets blurry. Bat speed here is along side/out front. Chest and tricep powered.


    Push vs Whip
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wouldn't ball placement change that.. those gifs are balls generally belt high or lower. She has a ball almost chest high.

  11. #28
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 464 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clemenslee1 View Post
    Wouldn't ball placement change that.. those gifs are balls generally belt high or lower. She has a ball almost chest high.
    Early bat speed will look different based on the pitch height. But it will always be "deep". Think of deep as behind the rear shoulder/head.

    On a high pitch the swing will be more flat. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work towards the plate/oppo batter's box.

    On a low pitch the swing will be more vertical. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work downwards towards the ground.

    On both locations the bat speed is still going to be behind the rear shoulder/head. Never out front or along side the body.

    Make sense? If not i'll provide some more gifs/info later

    Off to some lessons now. Be back tonight!

    P.S. - I love high tee work to start off! Have her lay the bat on her shoulder and simply TURN! No adjustment necessary. Knob is already pointing at the height of the pitch. Just has to focus on supinating. Turning barrel around the forearm.

  12. #29
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    Early bat speed will look different based on the pitch height. But it will always be "deep". Think of deep as behind the rear shoulder/head.

    On a high pitch the swing will be more flat. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work towards the plate/oppo batter's box.

    On a low pitch the swing will be more vertical. So the early bat speed will start more behind the hitter and work downwards towards the ground.

    On both locations the bat speed is still going to be behind the rear shoulder/head. Never out front or along side the body.

    Make sense? If not i'll provide some more gifs/info later

    Off to some lessons now. Be back tonight!

    P.S. - I love high tee work to start off! Have her lay the bat on her shoulder and simply TURN! No adjustment necessary. Knob is already pointing at the height of the pitch. Just has to focus on supinating. Turning barrel around the forearm.
    I do think I understand, but if you have time later I would like to see more of what you re referring to.

  13. #30
    Clueless.. pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,773
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 885 Times in 585 Posts

    Default

    Just out of curiosity did she go to no stride based upon your suggestion or is she like my DD and just out of the blue decides she wants to change her style
    seemingly just to keep her father on his toes


Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •