Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 162

Thread: Swing adjustments

  1. #11
    I can talk softball all day Rolling Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    443
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 88 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    She is all back all forward and maybe you could checkout Justin Stone best drill video for future training. But I would agree that if I were to have her try just one thing it would be the back knee action. Feel the stretch. Other than that she is light years ahead of the average girl her age. Keep it fun.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rolling Hard For This Useful Post:

    clemenslee1 (12-27-2018)

  3. #12
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 463 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    [IMG][/IMG]

    She gets in a great position. It can be as simple as "turn the barrel" from here....

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spartans21 For This Useful Post:

    clemenslee1 (12-27-2018), Tango (12-27-2018)

  5. #13
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

    She gets in a great position. It can be as simple as "turn the barrel" from here....
    Thanks, Its just getting there little by little more consistently and taking it into front toss and live pitching.

  6. #14
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 463 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    Barrel turning from that position...
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Weight going to the front side. Shifting. Barrel not doing much. Losing benefits from the load she created
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Pushing. Bat speed out front. Arm powered. Swinging around body
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Spartans21; 12-27-2018 at 05:00 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartans21 For This Useful Post:

    Mudders Brudder (12-28-2018)

  8. #15
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Hard View Post
    She is all back all forward and maybe you could checkout Justin Stone best drill video for future training. But I would agree that if I were to have her try just one thing it would be the back knee action. Feel the stretch. Other than that she is light years ahead of the average girl her age. Keep it fun.
    Yeah its something I will gradually get her to work on.

  9. #16
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far.

  10. #17
    I can talk softball all day clemenslee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    Barrel turning from that position...
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Weight going to the front side. Shifting. Barrel not doing much. Losing benefits from the load she created
    [IMG][/IMG]


    Pushing. Bat speed out front. Arm powered. Swinging around body
    [IMG][/IMG]
    How can you tell that she is pushing from this Gif? I'm not meaning that negatively, I just want to know what to look for.

  11. #18
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 463 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clemenslee1 View Post
    How can you tell that she is pushing from this Gif? I'm not meaning that negatively, I just want to know what to look for.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Check out where the bat speed is. Where the bat gets blurry. Bat speed here is along side/out front. Chest and tricep powered.


    Push vs Whip
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Spartans21; 12-27-2018 at 05:55 PM.

  12. #19
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball FiveFrameSwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,568
    Thanks
    2,196
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 7,093 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans21 View Post
    Push vs Whip
    [/IMG]
    The video segment on the left has several missing frames.

    Did you make this video comparison?

  13. #20
    Softball Junkie Spartans21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 463 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    The video segment on the left has several missing frames.

    Did you make this video comparison?
    I did not make either comparison. Kent definitely has the "missing frames"....
    Last edited by Spartans21; 12-27-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •