Loading

Talk to Other Fastpitch Softball Fanatics ... for FREE!

Register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real softball fanatics who live and die on the softball fields.
Signup to Discuss FastPitch Forum
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 172

Thread: 6 year old DD swing issues..

  1. #101
    I can talk softball all day pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 128 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    She obviously has a number of issues still. Does it makes sense, or is it even possible for the issues she does have, to just work on one thing (for example better stretch) without the other (e.g. dumping the barre)l?

  2. #102
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball FiveFrameSwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    12,903
    Thanks
    1,639
    Thanked 8,191 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    FFS - see threads from CoreSoftball (small business that sold bats to many DFP'ers.)

    Pattar - she does have a good line drive swing, partly due to the DBSF.

    Have you asked her to simply try hitting it over your head? She should be able to adjust the swing plane on her own. I think we spend so much time hitting into nets, we lose perspective on the actual flight path of the ball.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Link?




    .

  3. #103
    Wannabe Duck Boat Owner Greenmonsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,090
    Thanks
    5,276
    Thanked 4,337 Times in 2,340 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
    Link?




    .
    https://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...se-afavor.html
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

  4. #104
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball FiveFrameSwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    12,903
    Thanks
    1,639
    Thanked 8,191 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonsters View Post
    Thank you GM.

    Read the first post.

    I plan to continue swinging Demarini and Louisville Slugger bats. The LS bats are decent quality bats.

  5. #105
    I can talk softball all day pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 128 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Top is swing from last night's "game". Bottom is game swing from last June. Still lots of issues and it is amazing she can even hit the ball since isn't starting to swing until the ball is halfway home, but
    at least she looks a bit better than last year. Not sure if it is anything we have done or just that she is a year older...




  6. #106
    I can talk softball all day pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 128 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    From last night. Not sure what the heck happened at contact. Probably leaking so much she doesn't have any power left at contact...


  7. #107
    Always learning... Eric F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,200
    Thanks
    4,393
    Thanked 5,285 Times in 2,745 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattar View Post
    From last night. Not sure what the heck happened at contact. Probably leaking so much she doesn't have any power left at contact...

    Leaking? She pretty much poured out the whole bucket!

    For her age (7yo?), if she's making contact consistently off moving balls, that's a great thing. Keep working on things (sequence being the priority at this stage), but take it slow and easy, with no more than one or two instruction points during any practice session. The road ahead is long.

  8. #108
    I can talk softball all day pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 128 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
    Leaking? She pretty much poured out the whole bucket!

    For her age (7yo?), if she's making contact consistently off moving balls, that's a great thing. Keep working on things (sequence being the priority at this stage), but take it slow and easy, with no more than one or two instruction points during any practice session. The road ahead is long.
    Thanks, yes she is 7 now. She has swung and missed on only one ball all year and she makes good contact on 3/4 of her swings. She has really good hand-eye coordination..her mechanics on the other hand leave a lot to be desired as we have discussed Been trying to get her stop moving her hands forward too early and stop from dumping the barrel. She doesn't dump off the tee if I remind her but will revert back if I shut my mouth for too long. Always dumps when the ball is moving. As far as her hands moving forward too early, she can do the command drill pretty well but once she take a continuous swing the little bugger will always leak..grrr
    Last edited by pattar; 05-03-2017 at 12:40 PM.

  9. #109
    Always learning... Eric F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,200
    Thanks
    4,393
    Thanked 5,285 Times in 2,745 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattar View Post
    Thanks, yes she is 7 now. She has swung and missed on only one ball all year and she makes good contact on 3/4 of her swings. She has really good hand-eye coordination..her mechanics on the other hand leave a lot to be desired as we have discussed Been trying to get her stop moving her hands forward too early and stop from dumping the barrel. She doesn't dump off the tee if I remind her but will revert back if I shut my mouth for too long. Always dumps when the ball is moving. As far as her hands moving forward too early, she can do the command drill pretty well but once she take a continuous swing the little bugger will always leak..grrr
    These are common issues. Be patient, dad. Tee work does not include adjustments for timing and location, and it's the pitch-reading window where a lot of swings break down. Tee work can be good for some things, but does little to help sort out issues during pitch-reading. If you can, do more front toss.

  10. #110
    I can talk softball all day pattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    414
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 128 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
    These are common issues. Be patient, dad. Tee work does not include adjustments for timing and location, and it's the pitch-reading window where a lot of swings break down. Tee work can be good for some things, but does little to help sort out issues during pitch-reading. If you can, do more front toss.
    Thanks. Whenever we do tee work we do front toss too but mostly with wiffle balls at home now. Once she gets out of school we will go to the park more and hit regular softballs.
    My patience is garbage but I am working on it

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Segment -- Burn -- Conversion --