Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Best Glove Break-in Services?

  1. #1
    I'm a fan TXJames44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Allen TX
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Best Glove Break-in Services?

    Bought a new Vinci from Drakemir in June. Still haven't broken it in for my DD. I'm thinking about sending it somewhere. Thoughts? Recommendations?


  2. #2
    I can talk softball all day Cyder517's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXJames44 View Post
    Bought a new Vinci from Drakemir in June. Still haven't broken it in for my DD. I'm thinking about sending it somewhere. Thoughts? Recommendations?
    I bought a glove from Drakemir in Feb that was supposed to be factory broken in. Unfortunately, it came back brand new. Iíve never broken in a glove and gave it to 2 different people to help. It has gotten better, but DD still prefers and uses her very old, worn glove.

    Iíve heard great things about Dickís steaming method. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Certified softball maniac ANNASDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    650
    Thanked 884 Times in 511 Posts

    Default

    Please don’t steam it!! Send it to me, I’ll get it ready!

  4. #4
    I'm a fan TXJames44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Allen TX
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ANNASDAD View Post
    Please don’t steam it!! Send it to me, I’ll get it ready!
    If you are serious, let me know how much, and your address. It will ship tomorrow. And I’ve read enough of your great glove posts to know not to steam it.

  5. #5
    Certified softball maniac ANNASDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    650
    Thanked 884 Times in 511 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXJames44 View Post
    If you are serious, let me know how much, and your address. It will ship tomorrow. And I’ve read enough of your great glove posts to know not to steam it.
    Yeah I’m serious, I’ll do it for nothing. Is she a RHT? Going to bed, I’ll PM you my address in the morning. Just know, it won’t be a floppy game ready glove when you get it back, it’ll be shaped right and usable for her to start practicing with, she’ll have to finish it.

    How does she wear her old glove, traditional, two in the pinky, index finger in or out? How old is she and what size batting glove does she wear? I just got a new bottle of Surf City Voodoo Blend in yesterday, I’ll get to experiment on you!!

  6. #6
    I can talk softball all day 625ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 145 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Never steam a glove and never let anyone else break it in. Gloves are supposed to fit the players hand only.

    You're in Texas so put your car in the hot sun with the glove in it (you can also use an oven at 150-175). Give it a good liberal soak inside and out with Lexol conditioner, then roll the glove in your hands. Pay very close attention to the heel of the glove. It's down hill after the heel breaks. I can break in the toughest glove and have it game ready in 1-2 days

  7. #7
    Certified softball maniac ANNASDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    650
    Thanked 884 Times in 511 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 625ender View Post
    Never steam a glove and never let anyone else break it in. Gloves are supposed to fit the players hand only.

    You're in Texas so put your car in the hot sun with the glove in it (you can also use an oven at 150-175). Give it a good liberal soak inside and out with Lexol conditioner, then roll the glove in your hands. Pay very close attention to the heel of the glove. It's down hill after the heel breaks. I can break in the toughest glove and have it game ready in 1-2 days
    Completely agree with everything you said......my hand will never go inside! I asked about her batting glove size cause after I get it loosened up I'll let Anna wear it while I throw rockets to her, she has small hands! And I'm with you, I'd never let anyone break-in one of my gloves, but I can definitely understand someone who wants help with theirs.

    Well I almost completely agree......I could have someone else's glove game ready in a couple days, but I wouldn't want to, I want them to finish the process, play catch and practice with it, I just want to give the break-in a good start.

    You know me and you both agree on Lexol, awesome stuff! One of the big glove restorers on the other forum has been singing the praises of Surf City Voodoo Blend so I bought a bottle off Amazon. Same concept, high end automotive leather seat conditioner, stuff smells great!

  8. #8
    I'm a fan TXJames44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Allen TX
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ANNASDAD View Post
    Completely agree with everything you said......my hand will never go inside! I asked about her batting glove size cause after I get it loosened up I'll let Anna wear it while I throw rockets to her, she has small hands! And I'm with you, I'd never let anyone break-in one of my gloves, but I can definitely understand someone who wants help with theirs.

    Well I almost completely agree......I could have someone else's glove game ready in a couple days, but I wouldn't want to, I want them to finish the process, play catch and practice with it, I just want to give the break-in a good start.

    You know me and you both agree on Lexol, awesome stuff! One of the big glove restorers on the other forum has been singing the praises of Surf City Voodoo Blend so I bought a bottle off Amazon. Same concept, high end automotive leather seat conditioner, stuff smells great!
    Yes, she is RHT. She is almost 11, and starting 12u. I think she wears it traditional, but I will ask her when she wakes up. Thanks so much. I've been sitting here staring at this awesome new glove, but I am afraid that I will do it wrong.

  9. #9
    I can talk softball all day Drakemir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 134 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Yep, Unfortunately our "factory" break in is not much :/ but it does help some..



    Quote Originally Posted by Cyder517 View Post
    I bought a glove from Drakemir in Feb that was supposed to be factory broken in. Unfortunately, it came back brand new. I’ve never broken in a glove and gave it to 2 different people to help. It has gotten better, but DD still prefers and uses her very old, worn glove.

    I’ve heard great things about Dick’s steaming method. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball Rocketech1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,159
    Thanks
    1,909
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    I never understood why players don't just play catch with a glove to break it in. No need for all this nonsense of steaming, putting it under the bed, in a hot oven, taking a mallet to the leather, etc. Go outside with your D and play catch every day. Put some glove oil on it and wrap it with a softball inside until the next day. Repeat....


  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rocketech1 For This Useful Post:

    #10 (07-26-2018), grcsftbll (07-29-2018), ian (07-29-2018), riseball (07-27-2018)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •