Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Camps for Slappers

  1. #1
    Checking out the clubhouse Coach904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Camps for Slappers

    Looking for info for some elite camps that are specifically for slippers. We are from the south so anywhere in the siutheast will do.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    I can talk softball all day mudrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 136 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    Check out "Be The Momentum" & "Slapper Nation". DD went to a "Be The Momentum" camp put on by Emily Allard a few years ago and really enjoyed it. She knows her stuff and put on a nice camp. You just have to catch one going on near you, which can be a bit of a problem.

  3. #3
    Softball Junkie Orange Socks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    811
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 583 Times in 329 Posts

    Default

    Slapper Nation is gonna do a couple of camps in Texas.

  4. #4
    Softball Junkie Jdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    2,108
    Thanked 551 Times in 264 Posts

    Default

    Karen Weekly and India Chiles have one in January at UT.

  5. #5
    I can talk softball all day IRONMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 204 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdaddy View Post
    Karen Weekly and India Chiles have one in January at UT.
    If I had a slapper, this is one I would go to.

  6. #6
    Softball Junkie #7sDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    763
    Thanked 717 Times in 276 Posts

    Default

    DD is running her first slapping clinics this fall. After years of paying for lessons, she can finally make some money giving them!!
    Donít practice until you get it right. Practice until you canít get it wrong.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to #7sDad For This Useful Post:

    55dad (10-17-2018)

  8. #7
    JAD
    JAD is offline
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,226
    Thanks
    4,790
    Thanked 7,146 Times in 3,168 Posts

    Default

    My $0.02...there are a lot of players who learn to slap in TB and HS because it cuts down on their strikeouts and helps their home-to-first times, but very few of these players will slap in college. Therefore, spend your time/effort/money wisely and be realistic in your assessment of your DD and whether or not she really has "slapper speed". If your DD is not track star spend the extra time/effort/money teaching her how to take full swings if her goal is to play in college.
    "I do not fear the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAD For This Useful Post:

    CoreSoftball20 (10-16-2018)

  10. #8
    Checking out the clubhouse Silver 2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My $0.02...there are a lot of players who learn to slap in TB and HS because it cuts down on their strikeouts and helps their home-to-first times, but very few of these players will slap in college. Therefore, spend your time/effort/money wisely and be realistic in your assessment of your DD and whether or not she really has "slapper speed". If your DD is not track star spend the extra time/effort/money teaching her how to take full swings if her goal is to play in college.
    Very true statement, imo. You really need to be fast to be a effective slapper at the higher levels. The girls that have that elite speed are so fun to watch play. Alexis Mack at Oregon is one of those players.

  11. #9
    Softball Junkie #7sDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    763
    Thanked 717 Times in 276 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    My $0.02...there are a lot of players who learn to slap in TB and HS because it cuts down on their strikeouts and helps their home-to-first times, but very few of these players will slap in college. Therefore, spend your time/effort/money wisely and be realistic in your assessment of your DD and whether or not she really has "slapper speed". If your DD is not track star spend the extra time/effort/money teaching her how to take full swings if her goal is to play in college.
    We've never approached slapping and hitting as being mutually exclusive. Having the ability to do both puts pressure on the defense. Last weekend's showcase, DD is up with a girl on 2B. Their HC pulls in the outfield and infield is playing her to slap as well. She drove it over the center fielder's head for a double, which would probably have been a line out had they been playing normal depth. The next at bat they play her normal and she drops down the soft slap.

    Nothing beats elite speed. But if you have very good speed (2.8) and can execute against defensive alignments, slapping is another tool in the toolbox. imho
    Donít practice until you get it right. Practice until you canít get it wrong.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to #7sDad For This Useful Post:

    55dad (10-17-2018)

  13. #10
    JAD
    JAD is offline
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,226
    Thanks
    4,790
    Thanked 7,146 Times in 3,168 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #7sDad View Post
    We've never approached slapping and hitting as being mutually exclusive. Having the ability to do both puts pressure on the defense. Last weekend's showcase, DD is up with a girl on 2B. Their HC pulls in the outfield and infield is playing her to slap as well. She drove it over the center fielder's head for a double, which would probably have been a line out had they been playing normal depth. The next at bat they play her normal and she drops down the soft slap.

    Nothing beats elite speed. But if you have very good speed (2.8) and can execute against defensive alignments, slapping is another tool in the toolbox. imho
    A players who is a true "triple threat" (bunt/slap/swing away) is very difficult to defend.
    "I do not fear the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Segment -- Burn -- Conversion --