Talk to Other Fastpitch Softball Fanatics ... for FREE!

Register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real softball fanatics who live and die on the softball fields.
Signup to Discuss FastPitch Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Stolen Bag, Trying to find replacement gear for tryouts

  1. #1
    I'm a fan Sydsdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Barboursville WV
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Stolen Bag, Trying to find replacement gear for tryouts

    Hey guys my daughter has Freshman tryouts in 2 weeks for high school. She’s a catcher on her travel team but through winter workouts coach wants to use her some at third and outfield due to the number of back to back games. Anyways after practice the other night I had to go onto work and I forgot to put her bag in the car with her friends taking her home and then forgot to put the bag in my trunk when I got to work. You can guess what happened, sometime during the night someone busted my back window and stole her gear bag. Luckily she was breaking in a back up mitt so she still has her main catchers mitt but everything else is gone. Catchers gear, schutt, CF 10, fielders glove cleats, everything just taken. I feel sick about it because it’s squarely my fault and bless her 15 yr old heart she came up to at home last night and hugged me and said “Dad, it’s only stuff, I’m just glad you weren’t around when they stole my stuff, you might have gotten shot or something”. I won’t lie, we aren’t hurting to eat or keep a roof over our head or anything like that but due to “life” and obligations financially it really couldn’t have happened at a worse time. I will be able to replace her gear eventually but not all at once. I wanted to start with seeing if anyone on here may have a decent fielders glove 13” they would be willing to sell. I figure if anyone does it probably would be broken in somewhat at least and would give her the best chance at performing well like she’s capable of during her tryouts. Thanks in advance for reading this since it’s so long lol.

  2. #2
    Softball Junkie Jdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    1,944
    Thanked 476 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    I’ve got some new Louisville Slugger intermediate 14” shin guards, 14” chest protector and a used 33/22 DeMarini CF6 that has no grip I will give to you if you want them. They’re just collecting dust here. Just let me know if any of this will work and it’s headed your way. I’ll check back here tonight around 9ET. Sorry this happened. Can’t stand a thief!

  3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jdaddy For This Useful Post:

    ANNASDAD (01-12-2018), BT3100 (01-15-2018), Chris Delorit (01-13-2018), coach james (01-15-2018), eagle6 (01-11-2018), Il softball fan (01-14-2018), JAD (01-13-2018), Momo'sDad (01-12-2018), PNWdad (01-11-2018)

  4. #3
    I'm a fan Sydsdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Barboursville WV
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Buddy, I appreciate it, I don’t need anything honestly. She can use some of her friends stuff for the tryouts and I can buy the stuff back little at a time so I would hate to take stuff and then someone else come along who couldn’t afford anything and there’s nothing to pass along to them, I hope you see what I’m saying. I was just checking to see if anyone may have had a glove they bought and daughter thought was too big or something that I could buy from them or something like that. I did show DD your response and told her see, there’s also good people in this world to go with the bad, so I appreciate you being so generous in your offer giving me that opportunity. It’s really made her mad �� and I at least got to tell her, “Now ya see why we don’t leave gear in the car”. Gotta try and keep a sense of humor about life sometimes I suppose

  5. #4
    Member Chris Delorit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdaddy View Post
    I’ve got some new Louisville Slugger intermediate 14” shin guards, 14” chest protector and a used 33/22 DeMarini CF6 that has no grip I will give to you if you want them. They’re just collecting dust here. Just let me know if any of this will work and it’s headed your way. I’ll check back here tonight around 9ET. Sorry this happened. Can’t stand a thief!
    Very nice!

  6. #5
    Softball Junkie Jdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    1,944
    Thanked 476 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydsdaddy View Post
    Buddy, I appreciate it, I don’t need anything honestly. She can use some of her friends stuff for the tryouts and I can buy the stuff back little at a time so I would hate to take stuff and then someone else come along who couldn’t afford anything and there’s nothing to pass along to them, I hope you see what I’m saying. I was just checking to see if anyone may have had a glove they bought and daughter thought was too big or something that I could buy from them or something like that. I did show DD your response and told her see, there’s also good people in this world to go with the bad, so I appreciate you being so generous in your offer giving me that opportunity. It’s really made her mad �� and I at least got to tell her, “Now ya see why we don’t leave gear in the car”. Gotta try and keep a sense of humor about life sometimes I suppose
    I understand. DD’s a catcher and I can only imagine how horrible it would be to have all her gear stolen.

  7. #6
    JAD
    JAD is offline
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,147
    Thanks
    4,751
    Thanked 7,043 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    I am out of town at the momentment, but I think my DD’s old nokona is collecting dust in our sports closet.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAD For This Useful Post:

    Jdaddy (01-15-2018)

  9. #7
    I'm a fan Sydsdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Barboursville WV
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I am out of town at the momentment, but I think my DD’s old nokona is collecting dust in our sports closet.
    Ok, well just let me know, appreciate it.

  10. #8
    JAD
    JAD is offline
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,147
    Thanks
    4,751
    Thanked 7,043 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydsdaddy View Post
    Ok, well just let me know, appreciate it.
    Glove was not where I thought it was, check with DD now to see if she knows where it is.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee

  11. #9
    13th Step Softball Addict coach james's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mid West
    Posts
    3,685
    Thanks
    2,954
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    I have a 33" rawlings revo I'll send if you still need a mitt
    "The only difference between average and exceptional, is the attention to detail applied to the task... Don't practice mistakes." James Clark

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to coach james For This Useful Post:

    Jdaddy (01-15-2018)

  13. #10
    JAD
    JAD is offline
    I eat, sleep and breathe softball JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,147
    Thanks
    4,751
    Thanked 7,043 Times in 3,120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sydsdaddy View Post
    Ok, well just let me know, appreciate it.
    Still no luck with the glove, but I found a 34/24 bat and some size 10.5 ringor cleats with a pitching toe.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Segment -- Burn -- Conversion --