- Older Activity
- Today, 05:13 PMEqually dumb...It didn't even cross my mind to keep my DD's first OTF HR ball until it was way too late. I did manage to get it on video, however.32 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 04:24 PMEric F replied to a thread Updating Catching Gear: I Have reviews on Helmets with specs. in Softball CatchingVery good info and review!! Thanks, JRG. Recently, we needed to replace my DD's Wilson FX (S/M). Our first try was the larger size FX, but it...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 02:12 PMThe two parallel diagonal lines tell me that it's probably cracking and on the verge of failure.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 01:24 PMYOCOACH replied to a thread Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact? in Softball Hitting TechnicalYeah....that would kind of suck and could really do some damage;) When I got my Tanners, I took my old rubber Rawlings apart and used the bottom half...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:49 PMMy DD is more of at Type 1, but not completely.19 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 11:57 AMI have seen this for fields that are all turf.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 11:41 AMDespite my DW's complete lack of any personal experience with sports, she has done a remarkably good job learning about the game. I have no doubt...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 11:24 AMMetal for 14U and above is the standard.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 01:40 AMThis is the only scenario I can imagine.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:44 PMWork on trying to control that which is within your ability to control and don't waste your time with the other stuff.24 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 08:07 PMYOCOACH replied to a thread Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact? in Softball Hitting TechnicalLike Ken B. I like the throwing the bottom half of the tee drill. I also like the two ball drill where you place two tees back to back about 9" apart...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:44 PMOkay. Once again, you never know who knows somebody and/or watching. DD, after being offered spots from major D1's down to D3's decided to go to a D2...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 04:16 PMEric F replied to a thread Anyone know about the Mizuno MVP Prime glove? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsThe current line of Miz MVP gloves are pretty darn good for the money. They have some high-end features (like lined finger stalls), and the leather...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:38 PMEric F replied to a thread Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact? in Softball Hitting TechnicalA lot of the "fix" depends on what action is limiting extension. If it's the front elbow being pinned to the torso, then the focus should be on...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 05:38 AMNo I didn't poll every player and or coach. However, I do have firsthand (or secondhand depending on how one looks at it) knowledge about 14 programs...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 08:56 PMGreenmonsters replied to a thread DD's college bio...read until the end for a good laugh in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumObviously, much to your wife's chagrin, Duke softball does not employ a fact checker! I think it very likely that Kathryn's parents will be known...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 03:28 PMThis is the Pro Stock helmet...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-17-2017, 08:26 PMI got that from the majority of the girls playing anything from lower D1 through D3. Granted a lot of the "bigger" girls playing high to mid-level D1...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-17-2017, 08:37 AMThe most common length and weight bats that college players swing are a 33 drop 10 and a 32 drop 10. If it's good enough for players at the next...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-17-2017, 08:21 AMI would caution you to stay away from the pineapple; at least during tournaments. It's a natural diuretic.1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 08:37 PMTalking 18u and college, a 60 mph pitcher is 0.5 sec to the plate and a good catcher pops sub 2.0. So why are there so many stolen bases? There just...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 08:27 PMNot unusual to see a SS get more "chances" in a game than the entire OF. Also not rare for a corner OF to not have any chances. IME a great 1B will...66 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 07:02 PMAll I can say is I would never cut a girl from my team for being injured. I HAVE sat them out in the past as far as playing defense goes or put them...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 01:08 PMThis might also be helpful... https://vine.co/v/OEH6dr6O0Im9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 10:07 PMSay you could have one elite fielder and one below average fielder and you had to put one at SS and one in RF. What do you decide to do if your job...66 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 05:51 PMIf the hitter has a flawed understanding on a correct swing plane, the issue may not get resolved. That said, good to hear you were able to help...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 05:01 PMThis has helped some people with getting an understanding of a better swing...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 04:57 PMIt has been discussed quite a bit. If the swing is gathering everything back, followed by bringing everything forward (hands, hips, rear shoulder,...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 03:29 PMGot video? Sounds like a DBSF* issue. Based on your description, it sounds like she is dropping her hands to the level of the ball as she is...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2017, 11:12 PMRanting, of course!:cool:11 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- I started coaching rec ball when DD was 5 YOA and have since moved through the 12u, 14u, 16u TB age groups. Now I am currently coaching a First year 18u showcase team and working on my first NFCA star.
- Right Here For Now
- Really don't have time for anything else outside of softball with DD
Win the games you're supposed to, win some of the games you're not and make the rest of the teams know they've been in a battle to beat you.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 02-05-2012 11:31 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,676 Times in 887 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 01:30 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 8 of 8
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned WARRIORMIKE in post Bittersweet Day...t but not least, WARRIORMIKE. The only thing I ha...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned Sparky Guy in post Bittersweet Day...th pattar and Sparky Guy, What I said about t...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned sbmom19 in post Bittersweet Day...r to dinner. To sbmom19, just a heads up; yo...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned pattar in post Bittersweet Day... curse. To both pattar and Sparky Guy, W...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned maksoftball in post Bittersweet Day...to the rule. To maksoftball, we ran into Coach t...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned JAD in post Bittersweet Day...both in tears. JAD, I feel your pain. U...
- 09:12 PM - YOCOACH mentioned Bubrox in post Bittersweet Day...perience it. To Bubrox, thank you for the g...
- 01:24 PM - YOCOACH quoted Ken B in post Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact?I wanna see that! Don't t...
- 08:06 PM - YOCOACH quoted xdfp01 in post Call me crazy- but we're trying something different this yearI've posted before. dd#2 i...
- 07:42 PM - YOCOACH quoted riseball in post It is called a moundI have always called it a Pri...
- 07:39 PM - YOCOACH quoted quincy in post Need a new catcher's mittSidetrack post a little bit...