- Older Activity
- Today, 09:36 AMWestwind replied to a thread Went to the UCLA vs. Long Beach game today in Softball Hitting PracticalYep! They are good. DD #2 has been swinging them since June or July of ‘16. That summer and fall, college coaches would walk over to see “what is...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:08 AMWestwind replied to a thread Went to the UCLA vs. Long Beach game today in Softball Hitting PracticalMake no mistake about it, it isn’t the bats. It is super talented, well coached and well trained hitters taking advantage of a pitching mismatch. ...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2018, 10:04 AMCheck her eye dominance and go from there. Sounds like she is a good candidate for it to me.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2018, 09:50 AMMikeP how old is the player? If she wants to do it, maybe her age doesn’t matter but the younger the better. Check her eye dominance. If she is right...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-07-2018, 09:57 AMLittle more info in this post than your first! Yes, she should stay on the right side. But it doesn’t sound like it will matter long term. And...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-05-2018, 09:28 PMI have seen a few cracks on Ghosts. Usually they are at an angle, not 90 degrees across the bat. Looks like a paint crack/scratch to me too. In all...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-05-2018, 09:15 PMIn this situation, after much thought, here is my advice: Move her to the left side while she is hitting lefty full time from the left side. Have...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-04-2018, 08:20 AMOne of my dd’s had a very good coach that was particularly well suited for young players. He told me that when you coach the youngest kids you will...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-02-2018, 10:08 AMWe work hard at developing players. Developing coaches seems like the step we missed in that process. Somehow we need do develop appreciation for...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-01-2018, 01:33 PMPlayers not getting the ball out of the infield in 10’s was not my experience. And we were just a local travel team, not some regional powerhouse. ...93 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-01-2018, 11:45 AMAt younger ages if coaches are not practicing and playing athletic kids in both infield and outfield regularly they are failing as coaches. And if...93 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2018, 02:04 PMNo doubt about the bold. Being able and willing to play multiple spots is just so valuable to coaches. If I had it all to do over again, both of my...93 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2018, 01:59 PMSame here! DD wore hers in practice until they gave up the ghost, then she resigned herself to the team gloves.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2018, 11:48 AMThe palm guards last really well. They also tend to fit well once you get the right size figured out. Very good product. Older dd always wore...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2018, 11:34 AMGreat outfielders STAND OUT! And if you are 12u, have a good bat and want to punch your ticket to go straight to varsity as a freshman, be a great...93 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-29-2018, 01:12 PMWestwind replied to a thread After meeting with organizations recruiting coordinator in Softball DiscussionsI don’t know... I think maybe we have been a little harsh on o.p. Isn’t the obligatory conventional wisdom line in every recruiting story...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2018, 11:20 PMI know New Madrid is no joke. I didn’t know that!45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2018, 01:54 PMNot Chicago here but it gets hotter than 90 here in northern Illinois. We get the worst of every kind of weather. Triple digit heat index in the...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-23-2018, 09:17 AMYes- I believe that light one is an outlier. I was surprised enough that I actually threw them back on the scale before I posted the weights.898 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-22-2018, 11:15 PM16u DD has two 33/25 Ghosts. One is 24.9 oz and the other is 25.7. She currently prefers the 25.7898 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM#mysaturdayinstlouis45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-22-2018, 11:12 AMI always kid the athletic director of our high school that it’s ok for 10u tb players to play in 40 degree weather with 40 mile per hour winds but...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2018, 09:55 AMWestwind replied to a thread I've never seen this, is it normal? Umpire issue in Softball Rules QuestionsI really noticed a difference last summer, (summer of ‘18). 16u. I had always been impressed with umpires at national events. It seemed like they...17 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
There are three things you can do in softball. You can win. You can lose. It can rain.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 927 Times in 535 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 11:10 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 01:48 PM - uncdrew quoted Westwind in post Switch HittingLittle more info in this post...
- 01:18 PM - MikeP quoted Westwind in post Switch HittingCheck her eye dominance and g...
- 09:52 AM - MikeP quoted Westwind in post Switch HittingMikeP how old is the player? ...
- 08:36 AM - MikeP quoted Westwind in post Switch HittingIn this situation, after much...
- 02:04 PM - Westwind quoted Cannonball in post OutfieldersGreat advice! At least, make s...
- 01:59 PM - Westwind quoted Cannonball in post Batting glovesMy dd wore these all the way th...
- 11:52 AM - Cannonball quoted Westwind in post Batting glovesThe palm guards last really w...
- 11:38 AM - Cannonball quoted Westwind in post OutfieldersGreat outfielders STAND OUT! ...
- 08:27 PM - Deleted Posts
- 11:03 AM - Westwind quoted YOCOACH in post At What Age Do Bats Make a Discernable Difference?1) Moving her up 2 inches an...