- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 01:03 PMTry 8 or 9 games over a two day weekend. Done that several times this season.16 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:43 PMI won't do the full-blown travel around the country thing. For me, it's not worth the time, effort, and money that would be expended. Fortunately,...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2018, 05:47 PMFrom everything I've seen, and heard from those who attend, most college camps = tryout. Occasionally, a local school will do a "skills" camp for...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2018, 03:34 PMThis is an excellent checklist for coaches as well. Under "being coachable", we could substitute "learning from mistakes".13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2018, 01:34 PMStrike2 replied to a thread Runner & Batter-runner both out on runner interference call? in Softball Rules QuestionsYou're right...I misread the play. I thought there was also a runner coming from 1B, which is not the case. The umpire blew it...there was no shot...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2018, 10:24 AMStrike2 replied to a thread Runner & Batter-runner both out on runner interference call? in Softball Rules QuestionsIf the umpire judges that a double-play was prevented because of interference, two outs can be called. Looking at the play, it appears possible that...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2018, 11:43 AMAll that's missing is some mud.37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2018, 07:46 AMThis couldn't be more true. Yesterday, I saw DD's coach end the day by pouring a big bucket of manure over a team that had just won its third...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2018, 04:47 PMHeck, if you're already in CA, especially in Southern California, the big school coaches are flying cross-country to see YOU. Review the rosters...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2018, 03:32 PMTo me, it's a no-brainer. Paying big money to travel cross-country to a showcase is a dubious use of money under the best conditions. Don't...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2018, 07:53 PMMeh...if she can hit at 16U, she'll be able to hit at 18U. 65 MPH with control is rare, and you'll likely only see it at the very highest levels.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2018, 10:24 AMWords fail me...I'm so very sorry about this. I can't imagine what it would be like to have this happen.106 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 04:31 PMI know of a kid who recently left a good lower level team to play at that "higher level", and her experience hasn't been pleasant at all. If your...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 04:24 PMLet me help you on a couple... Travel ball and "liars, creeps and crooks"...there isn't anywhere near the money or stakes involved with Rec ball,...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 10:41 AMIn order for there to be interference in the situation you describe, the defensive player needs to have some reasonable chance at a play. From the...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 10:21 AM100% correct.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-11-2018, 03:37 PMMost definitely not. My DD is a pretty good infielder, but is cursed with the skills necessary to be a competent outfielder. :p Unfortunately,...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-10-2018, 03:59 PMI've managed both youth and men's teams. On the men's teams, I sent out the stats to all every week. The only lineup complaint I ever heard was...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2018, 03:12 PMYes...and that's telling, isn't it? With TB, you can easily leave.62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2018, 02:28 PMI know some here have found success at DIII, and I would consider that if there was one nearby that offered the right academic and softball mix, but...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2018, 12:38 PMTravel ball is full of liars, creeps, and crooks. That's my own conclusion drawn about four years ago, and unless you choose to ignore them, they're...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2018, 04:28 PMI think most all of us have seen this. Once the monkey skills have been learned, success or failure hinges on what's between the ears. I've seen...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 03:26 PMAgree that this situation as outlined is nothing. However... Had the DEFENSE first raised the issue DURING the AB, wouldn't it be treated the...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 02:24 PMFWIW...I just had my DD out for some BP and fielding work. This kid is a solid player who gives 100% at team practice and often more than that...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 10:05 AMPitchers are the de facto on-field leaders, and everyone is looking at them. She may not fully understand this. Also, it's very easy for the parent...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-03-2018, 08:16 PMStrike2 replied to a thread For Auburn softball, joy on the surface obscured darker truths within in College Softball News and DiscussionsI doubt it's an isolated incident. There are more "coaches" like this out there, both the father and son.43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-03-2018, 04:07 PMIt all depends on the sanctioning body rules, and the individual state's rules. If it's the same org, like USSSA, then a "B" player picking up with...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2018, 09:44 PMMSU = Making Sh!t Up...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2018, 11:24 AMStrike2 replied to a thread need help/advice on DDs hitting, 2nd year 10u in Softball Hitting PracticalInvest in a Power Net with a pitching screen. You can find them on Amazon and Ebay. Either that, or make sure your medical and life insurance is in...53 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2018, 11:13 AMMy DD is nearly 16, and about 5'6". She uses a 12.5 inch 1B glove very effectively. I worried a bit about it being too small, but it's really not. ...19 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 323 Times in 199 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 02:04 PM
- Join Date
- 01:34 PM - Strike2 quoted TMD in post Runner & Batter-runner both out on runner interference call?No idea what kind of cam...
- 12:09 PM - TMD quoted Strike2 in post Runner & Batter-runner both out on runner interference call?If the umpire judges that a ...
- 04:31 PM - Strike2 quoted Easton33 in post Perils of TBI have read a lot of these an...
- 04:24 PM - Strike2 quoted MNDad in post Perils of TBI donít understand several...
- 10:21 AM - Strike2 quoted obbay in post Common issuesBecause i can relate to th...
- 09:29 AM - team mom quoted Strike2 in post Common issuesMost definitely not. My DD ...
- 03:32 PM - BobInMadison quoted Strike2 in post Perils of TBYes...and that's telling, is...
- 03:12 PM - Strike2 quoted sluggers in post Perils of TBI could have sworn someone wa...
- 03:02 PM - pattar quoted Strike2 in post Perils of TBShe spent 5.5 years and tens...
- 02:28 PM - Strike2 quoted BobInMadison in post Perils of TBA number of parents on this forum...
- 01:12 PM - BobInMadison quoted Strike2 in post Perils of TBTravel ball is full of liars...