- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 08:18 PMSparky Guy replied to a thread Should a parent tell a HC of potential team problems? in Being a Softball ParentThe younger ages is where this is usually an issue. As the girls get older they understand social dynamics better. What I tell every team at...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:31 PMI have found my RevFire is somewhat close in speed readings compared to a radar gun. I use it looking for consistent speed and mainly focus on RPS...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-13-2017, 09:14 PMWhat "causes" control is consistent mechanics. Once the mechanics are dialed in then it is a matter of making very small adjustments to the release...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 08:31 PMTeach your players what you know works. Then follow that with THE most important lesson. Teach them how to smile and nod at the coach while doing...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 01:12 PMIt looks like she is throwing a horse shoe while spinning the ball sideways to help cut the speed.16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-02-2017, 03:43 AMIf you watch a rundown where the runner escapes, the mistake usually happens on the first throw or lack thereof. Most times the reason comes from...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-01-2017, 08:34 PMWhat you need to do is experiment with different scenarios. 1st game of the day. She has ample time to do all of her stretches and has the time...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-01-2017, 12:52 AMSparky Guy replied to a thread DD killed the golden goose and may have shot herself in both feet in Playing College SoftballThis is not so much for you and your DD, but more for others who are in a similar situation. While you want to give your DD as much responsibility...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-01-2017, 12:26 AMAt the beginning of each season I have a meeting with the girls and the parents. I tell them there are only two things I demand of the kids. The...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-30-2017, 07:03 PMUnfortunately, the game has zero to do with it. A softball team is a microcosm of the world we live in. To that end it says more about the...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-26-2017, 03:27 AMThe college coaches primary interests for the recruiting age is 2nd year 14U and 16's. Keep your DD on a 16U team where she'll have the best chance...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 03:43 PMThe malicious code is in the ads. When you load a page from the DPF site the ads read your cookies and then hit their servers to try and bring you...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-25-2017, 11:45 AMI use Firefox with the free Privacy Badger addon from the Electronic Freedom Foundation and I see no ads at all. As I type this it's blocking 13...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-24-2017, 01:51 AMYou have to treat running a team as business. If you don't you'll end up financially stressed. I've been lucky. Most of the organizations I've...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-23-2017, 09:24 PMAll the organizations that I've dealt with over the years usually work this way. If it is an injury that requires some rehab time like a broken bone...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-22-2017, 03:14 AMHad a girl I worked with a few years ago. She was big and strong. 15 YO, 5'11" and #160. She wanted to be a pitcher desperately. She worked all...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-22-2017, 03:00 AMThe other thing the parents see is loss of control when a pitcher makes large changes to the delivery and the timing is off. The parents will often...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-21-2017, 12:16 AMFrom what I've heard on here MN ASA feels like they own the state and implement some very travel-stifling rules about participation.31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 04:39 PMOne of the best things you'll find here is you're not alone with your problems. Pretty much anything you can think of has happened to someone else...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 01:16 AMThere is nothing more frustrating than showing up on time for a game and being told there is still another game to be played before your game. ...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 12:46 PMUnfortunately, it will not change much of how things are done. I can see TD's modifying the rules to keep their tournaments on time.31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 12:34 PMAnjelica Selden (sp) from UCLA a few years back. Had a real tough time fielding her position. Couldn't throw the ball to 1st overhand.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 08:48 PMLearning what to try and field and what to let go takes practice. What I will do with my pitchers is have them give me a full speed pitching motion...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 08:30 PMYou don't mention your DD's age. A lot of what you work on is dependent on that. If your DD is younger you may want to work on speed one day,...3 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
About Sparky Guy
WOC: "Only the names change."
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 04-25-2012 02:34 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,275 Times in 695 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:21 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 10:09 PM - Bob516 quoted Sparky Guy in post Should a parent tell a HC of potential team problems?The younger ages is where this ...
- 08:34 PM - Sparky Guy quoted Findlay in post Pitching warmupMy DD usually takes 30+ minu...
- 12:04 PM - Phandle quoted Sparky Guy in post DD killed the golden goose and may have shot herself in both feetYou can't fully depend on the j...
- 01:39 AM - Bob516 quoted Sparky Guy in post A nice group of girlsAt the beginning of each season...
- 12:52 AM - Sparky Guy quoted obbay in post DD killed the golden goose and may have shot herself in both feetWell, she certainly painte...
- 12:26 AM - Sparky Guy quoted Bob516 in post A nice group of girlsWish all coaches were like ...