- Older Activity
- 12-13-2018, 09:41 AMLooks pretty good IMO. Hard to tell from the back, but looks like she lets her upper body get too far forward...not resisting enough on the front...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2018, 01:44 PMMy only question after seeing the video is...does she work on driving both arms in towards her side prior to release? Her glove arm looks...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-30-2018, 02:07 PMthanks for the responses so far...I should say...I have never really taught or pushed situational hitting like the video (obviously I guess)...it...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-30-2018, 10:30 AMWas looking through this Kent St video from a few years ago about indoor practice stuff. There is a section of front toss I found very interesting. ...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2018, 12:37 PMsome good videos from kent state on youtube....search kentstsoftball 5 years old, but some good ideas2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-26-2018, 02:16 PMThank you...we haven't done long toss as a part of training...it's interesting. What about resistance? I could see long toss forcing you to resist...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-26-2018, 01:25 PMWhat are the functional things that doing long toss does to translate into improved velocity?14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-20-2018, 09:11 AMThe P really never covers 1B...just can't get there...it's either 1B or 2B. 1B usually maybe 3 steps in front of the base...some teams with great...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2018, 05:10 PMIMO...the most important thing is that you must land immediately after contact. If you land before knowing which way you are going, defeats the...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2018, 04:55 PMI don't see a pitcher backing up 1B ever...even a throw from RF, that should be the catcher. I'd say backing up 3B on a throw from LF or CF, or...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2018, 04:26 PMOK...I'll take a shot at it. Two thoughts...well 3 really. One being...she looks terrific. that doesn't get you any further along though. I think...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2018, 10:34 AMIMO...you're addressing the right things...100%. Just wanted to add a suggestion...have had a couple of girls that were very similar...muscle memory...14 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Travel coach and dad to 2 softballers.
- Western NY
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 83 Times in 56 Posts
- Last Activity
- 12-14-2018 07:11 PM
- Join Date
- 11:22 PM - CoachJD quoted SB45 in post Situational Hitting - mental cues?thanks for the responses ...
- 02:07 PM - SB45 quoted CoachJD in post Situational Hitting - mental cues?Much better to teach your hi...
- 01:47 PM - CoachJD quoted SB45 in post Situational Hitting - mental cues?Was looking through this ...