- Older Activity
- 12-08-2017, 12:01 PMI think you have to focus on the process not the outcome. Despite Waldrops accomplishments if you look closely her mechanics especially the lower...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 10:49 AMThis behavior is NOT OK. Softball is still a game and needs to be enjoyed. For some people the competition is what is being enjoyed but it...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 09:51 PMmarriard started a thread Boys softballl from Austraia live now on Youtube :-) Pacific School Games in Softball DiscussionsSome friends are playing on the girls side so they will be on the live stream later :-) 17U Boys Victoria v New South Wales on right now.... will...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 09:45 PMI wouldn't be the one to bring it up if I was you and I would try to direct the conversation to a different place if it looks like that is where it...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 07:35 PMAgree with Burroughs, but Waldrop????15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 04:36 PMApart from the back swing and bend which is something I wouldn't teach and is probably more stylistic anyway - the slow motion of Amanda Scarborough...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 12:14 PMOk now you have given some more details: Great coaches, good friends, not over matched, team is winning too much for 12U and should already be...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 11:03 AMWhat does SHE want and how is the current team in all the important areas? The decision at this age isn't going to make a huge difference in...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 11:19 PMWell at least they are getting something for their commitment. If a verbal was an actual commitment versus a pinkie promise to give a kid something...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 09:25 PMAkadema always have good xmas sales on their website, wont break the bank and are a great glove for the age group.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 10:48 PMSo reading this, you are turning over about 2-3 players per season which matches up with what I wrote. No idea what age group you are in, but the...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 02:01 PMIf it is about your work as a coach or you worried that 'your' investment goes somewhere else, then you are doing it wrong. Many great kids have come...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 08:50 AMRooster's Dad replied to a thread Making the switch from right to left in Softball Hitting TechnicalYes, go back to lefty and get lots of practice. There is something special about lefty power hitters.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2017, 09:14 PMThere is no right answer to this because it depends on so many things. A lot of the time it is a numbers game - often you are combining ages as...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2017, 04:13 PMmarriard replied to a thread What's your philosophy for choosing tournaments (12U)? in Coaching SoftballIt is a long haul, so I really don't care what some parents say about about one weekend. There are going to be great weekends when you over perform...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2017, 09:32 AMAt the younger levels I can see how it may benefit because there is more blocking and the pitchers are wild. But at the higher levels as the girls...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-01-2017, 08:57 AMWhen Jake was at SC I tried to sit in first or second row directly behind the LH batters box. As far as recognizing the break, just listen to the...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-30-2017, 08:37 AMLink is dead. That was short lived.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-29-2017, 11:37 PMDD got an invite to one her target schools winter camps and the dates worked so looks like we re going to be cold for New Years. Looking like we are...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-29-2017, 10:57 PMShe transferred from the Sun Belt to the PAC 12 so not sure they can impose a penalty.128 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-29-2017, 08:40 PMAdding even more to sluggers post: in the data he cited we do not know how many actual drop balls were thrown. Just that 140 kids threw a pitch...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-29-2017, 12:12 PMAny pitch thrown with 12-6 +/- spin is by definition a drop. How effective it may be depends on other factors including RPS. How it is thrown is a...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-29-2017, 11:05 AMMy DD as well - Williams is on her top college list :-) Williams is D3 so technically it is all walk on as there is no athletic money. Coaches...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-28-2017, 11:06 PMI really like the second one. :)58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-28-2017, 08:45 AMI was making a comparison to the # of 2018 girls who actually signed a NLI to the # of players who have "committed" to this college as 2020's and...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2017, 10:20 PMThere is a myth that D1 somehow equates to high quality, high commitment, etc. Most D1 programs do not fit that description. High quality, high...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2017, 10:00 PMNot sure how physics differs between baseball and softball. You are correct that pitches break throughout the entire pitch. Now complete the...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2017, 05:06 PMWhen a pitch moves significantly more in the last 25% of the time of flight than it does in the previous 75%, what is that if not a late break? More...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2017, 12:37 PMmarriard started a thread New 'Ghost' and "Gap" bats info from USSSA - because nothing is easy :-) in Softball DiscussionsJust heard this from Florida USSSA: "USSSA has revisited the Ghost/Gap bat manufacturers and is happy to report that USSSA will allow certain Gap...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-27-2017, 09:54 AMBe on the team that we will make your DD happy and help her reach her goals whatever they are. It is clear that there are regional differences across...18 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
About Rooster's Dad
- Date of Birth
- December 20, 1972 (44)
About Rooster's Dad
- Central Florida
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 63 Times in 34 Posts
- Last Activity
- 12-05-2017 02:00 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 4 of 4
No results to display...
- 04:55 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rooster's Dad in post Official 2017 World Series Thread-Sponsored by high ticket pricesSo far offense can pretty much be ...
- 07:59 PM - Bob516 quoted Rooster's Dad in post How to help a girl become a team leaderOh no, I didn't get that implicati...
- 07:47 PM - Rooster's Dad quoted Bob516 in post How to help a girl become a team leaderI certainly did not mean to...
- 07:01 PM - Bob516 quoted Rooster's Dad in post How to help a girl become a team leaderThere's a right way to do this and...
- 03:49 PM - inde53546 quoted Rooster's Dad in post How to help a girl become a team leaderThere's a right way to do this and...
- 11:17 AM - nikkilugi quoted Rooster's Dad in post Advice for stressed out new travel ball parent....Hip flask. I bring a flask - for ...
- 10:12 PM - junkball quoted Rooster's Dad in post Advice for stressed out new travel ball parent....Hip flask. At this point I can'...
- 12:00 PM - Rooster's Dad quoted Ken B in post Plateau frustration...What are we missing?? video includedBack view: 10131 In addit...