- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 01:47 PMHigh school sports is suppose to be fun and an opportunity to play for school pride and amongst friends who you may or may not play together on...67 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:24 PMWelcome to the teenage years, as yes it will probably get worse before it gets better. Looking for a car when she turns 16 will be of fun lol :) ...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:53 PMIt really depends, for example how often do these "power hitters" get on base? Do they have .225 batting average and strike out a lot? or are they...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:44 PMRocketech1 replied to a thread when do you know its time to go to travel ball? in Being a Softball ParentMy DD started travel ball as a second year 12U player because she was ready for a new challenge and frankly we got tired of the rec league politics....18 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:31 PMIME, good pitchers have a strike to ball ratio of around 60-70% (with the sweet spot around 65%). Pitchers need to learn "how to be a pitcher" and...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2018, 11:27 PMGenerally, open/closed is not taught. It is a product of a good drive where the body must open during extension and closes during adduction. No two...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 01:03 AMI see Fernandez’s as a backhand change. Think about getting the thumb behind the ball immediately at release. Google “John Gay rec center” for...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 12:46 AMBump......30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2018, 11:44 PMBump for DNeeld and my daughter who loves to pester me about the popularity of the screwball and my unwillingness to teach it to her or our...216 replies | 5965 view(s)
- 04-14-2018, 03:40 AMRocketech1 replied to a thread Do we really need to learn all these pitch types in Softball PitchingHereís the problem with Hillhouseís advice, itís not practical for most pitchers to stop throwing the rise especially if its their best pitch. Case...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2018, 03:20 AMAnd her name is Jennie...lol...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2018, 08:22 PMOn this site, push backs usually refer to a drill that primarily works on the initial portion of drive, but there is a “drill” or cue I like that I...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-12-2018, 06:33 PMOne other benefit is that the defense also has the wrist bands and knows what pitch will be called next. On D's high school team, they give the 3...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-11-2018, 12:36 AMTo me the key words are that her pitches “felt smooth.” She’s feeling the snap and not trying to make it happen. Cues are great but be careful...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-07-2018, 02:30 PMLooking forward to hearing your take on the spinner. I think it can be a tool in the box, but limits grips and release feels.38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-07-2018, 11:59 AMBump.......38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-06-2018, 11:41 AMApologies for coming across as tired and grumpy! It’s a touchy spot for me right now with a local team that requires them to go through a long and...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2018, 11:15 PMThis routine seems excessive to me. Why not focus on warm up, spots and spins? Drills have their place for teaching a feel, but why force them on a...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-04-2018, 11:24 PMI second this routine:34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-30-2018, 02:44 PMHow about just playing some regular old catch with your DD....:)21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-30-2018, 02:40 PMHer right elbow maintains the angle at and after contact instead of extending out causing the bat to, what I call, "pull off the ball" left,...52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-29-2018, 08:22 PMI like what I see, the only constructive criticism is she seems to pull "off the ball" after contact instead of getting full extension.52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-29-2018, 08:18 PMRocketech1 replied to a thread Less players playing HS softball due to politics... in Softball DiscussionsUnfortunately, with some families, it's ok to quit if you don't get your way (even if it's mid-season). If someone isn't getting playing time it's...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-28-2018, 01:46 AMIt’s disingenious to compare Barry Bonds taking illegal performance enhancing drugs which is a crime to that of a pitcher using flawed mechanics for...968 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-28-2018, 12:34 AMhttps://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/18165-do-do.html20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-26-2018, 07:28 PMATTN: The Korea Baseball Softball Association (KBSA) is looking for a qualified pitching coach for the Korean National Softball Team in preparation...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-25-2018, 10:42 AMRocketech1 replied to a thread Confusing Situation With Senior Daughter Not Getting Playing Time On HS Team in Being a Softball ParentMy DD is a 15yo sophomore on varsity and I as a parent would NEVER say anything about playing time to the head coach. High school kids need to learn...84 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- January 10
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,194 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 01:50 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 3 of 3
- 12:33 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball... a common tactic by Rocketech1 where for whatever h...
- 04:45 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Ole Miss vs LSU Softball 2017 SEC Softball Championship...ed on my experience Rocketech1 is way off. I have ...
- 02:40 PM - Rocketech1 quoted FiveFrameSwing in post Time to post my DDWhat is your definition of "pulling...
- 01:05 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rocketech1 in post Less players playing HS softball due to politics...Unfortunately, with some famili...
- 08:57 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted Rocketech1 in post Time to post my DDI like what I see, the only con...
- 10:08 AM - Phandle quoted Rocketech1 in post Confusing Situation With Senior Daughter Not Getting Playing Time On HS TeamMy DD is a 15yo sophomore on va...
- 12:45 PM - TamiAz quoted Rocketech1 in post Confusing Situation With Senior Daughter Not Getting Playing Time On HS TeamMy DD is a 15yo sophomore on va...
- 10:42 AM - Rocketech1 quoted Phandle in post Confusing Situation With Senior Daughter Not Getting Playing Time On HS TeamIt always amuses me when som...
- 09:41 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rocketech1 in post Just quit HS teamSo why do you think she has it ...
- 02:38 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rocketech1 in post Just quit HS teamOver the years I have heard a l...
- 01:27 PM - Rocketech1 quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamFact of the matter is, the HC dec...