- Older Activity
- 12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 06:18 PMHe's a class act. What's it like playing for Oregon's Coach White? - ESPN Video...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 04:31 PMIt's amazing to see DFP's influence in the real world. Some big names in pitching have clearly stopped by and looked at the info shared here. DFP...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:34 PMVery few pitchers actually get pure 6-12 backspin on their riseball. Most are very effective throwing tilted upward (as seen by the catcher) bullet...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:15 PMIn my limited experience, most pitchers strive for 6/12, but end up with serviceable spirals. I don't believe many (if any) train for a spiral. I...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:38 PMAs you have seen, it possible to have success with less-than-perfect spin. Same often holds true for the drop, curve, change and most notably--the...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 09:16 PMFor me, as long as the umpires is consistent i don’t care too much what their strike zone is. The pitchers and batters who adjust to the umpires...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 06:48 PMAmen. The ruling bodies finally getting their act together to have the women pitch the same as the men. Itís been a long time coming IMO.36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 04:59 PMOregon has a great staff for BP with Coach White and Anthony Aresco.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-12-2017, 12:47 AMsnowballerz19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-10-2017, 01:01 AMLoad, coil and uncoil are the keys. Weight shift is just a component.128 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 03:26 PMSorry! No clue why the links don't open...?6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 03:12 PMNSA https://online.playnsa.com/NSATeamSanction.aspx USSSA Indiana USSSA Insurance Info - Indiana USSSA...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-07-2017, 11:41 AMMy first mask (cheap Rawlings) gave me a rash/irritation. I thought it was a reaction to the synthetic leather. Currently I'm using an All Star...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 05:51 PMA few thoughts as you start the process: - pick and choose your battles. No one instructor (other than a few elite's like Java, Balswick,...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 05:27 PMHoping this is what she meant by "release point:"25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 11:24 AMWall drills do nothing to promote a loose arm circle or whip. Teach arm whip in sequence with the whole body--allow the body to contribute to the...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-03-2017, 09:10 PMSome other things to be wary of: -Wrist snaps -Clear the hips -Slam the hips -Wall drills to "fix" the arm circle25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-02-2017, 12:38 AMMy preference is something that results in palm down-ish at 3 o'clock. My cue (not que or queue) is, "pull the ball around the circle." To me, it...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-02-2017, 12:21 AMUltimately, this is a tough question. I look at two things: 1) The end result: what does she look like at release and 2) How does she get there. ...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-01-2017, 12:41 AMJenna prefers country!16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-30-2017, 03:46 PMRick and james, Since the lower arm rotates independently of the upper, how does hand orientation affect the shoulder joint?25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-28-2017, 12:25 AMBack when I was coaching a team, I had one of several fun activities set up for kids who arrived early. One of those was setting out TCB's and...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-28-2017, 12:18 AMThe only thing I'd add is to teach her to self-assess and correct. This is really the goal of coaching anything. So many folks take the path of...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 11:06 AMIt should drop below the initial trajectory more than other pitches. ...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 10:58 AMSadly, I speak from experience... ;) Ken Krause just wrote good article that touches on magic drills:...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 01:32 AMGenerally, beware of drills. Like any tool, they serve a purpose. In the wrong hands they can be useless or even detrimental. Drills should create...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 12:55 AMI like feel drills like walk ups, storks and throwing the bat. Most of the walk up drills I've seen demo'd show the crossover step with the back...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 12:05 AMI think you just need a decent video and if you know the shutter speed, it should be pretty easy. A ball thrown with 12/6 spin and an axis...25 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- January 10
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,176 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 06:02 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 3 of 3
- 01:33 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball... a common tactic by Rocketech1 where for whatever h...
- 05:45 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Ole Miss vs LSU Softball 2017 SEC Softball Championship...ed on my experience Rocketech1 is way off. I have ...
- 09:34 PM - ang2bmd quoted Rocketech1 in post value of cheap educationAs parents, when our kids were ...
- 08:55 PM - Rocketech1 quoted riseball in post value of cheap educationPerson comes looking for advi...
- 08:07 PM - riseball quoted Rocketech1 in post value of cheap educationI assume this is directed to my...
- 07:38 PM - Rocketech1 quoted riseball in post value of cheap educationWhat a load of elitest crap. ...
- 07:10 PM - JAD quoted Rocketech1 in post How many pitches?Good point, not too many top pi...
- 04:33 PM - FP26 quoted Rocketech1 in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2...y college coaches. Rocketech1 makes some good poin...
- 04:20 PM - Rocketech1 quoted Bob516 in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2There was one father on DD1...
- 04:08 PM - Rocketech1 quoted JAD in post How many pitches?My DD throws a curve and...
- 04:01 PM - Rocketech1 quoted dbronstein in post Frustration with lack of JV gamesThat totally sucks. If it's a l...
- 01:13 AM - dbronstein quoted Rocketech1 in post Frustration with lack of JV gamesA little different spin. At ba...
- 05:58 PM - Bob516 quoted Rocketech1 in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2I think she has the wrong goal....
- 04:36 PM - Classof2020 quoted Rocketech1 in post How many pitches?Teach her to the throw the drop...
- 04:01 PM - Ken Krause quoted Rocketech1 in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2I think she has the wrong goal....
- 02:37 PM - Rocketech1 quoted Bob516 in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2If you could convince my da...