- Older Activity
- 06-19-2018, 09:47 AMWhich ruleset requires the ball to be presented?22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-18-2018, 07:26 PMI'm excited to announce that Mike Mulheisen (javasource) is coming to the PacNW for a weekend clinic series! Guest clinicians are Doug Romrell and...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-18-2018, 05:42 PMThese pitchers are successful IN SPITE OF their mechanics, not because of them. There is so much poor instruction out there that young pitchers...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-18-2018, 04:19 PMThoughts and prayers...104 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 06:20 PMI just looked up 1 SEC powerhouse, Florida, and 1 PAC-12 powerhouse UCLA. Florida had 1 STEM major (Applied Kinesiology & Physiology) and UCLA had 2...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 01:12 PMRocketech1 replied to a thread Young pitcher with a catcher who can't catch her in Being a Softball ParentEric F - I know some catchers like your DD work their tail off to get better at catching but in my DD's time in the sport, not one catcher I can...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 12:54 PMIf at all possible, join an organization that does not have a player's parent who is also a coach. It's one of the best things you can do for your...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2018, 12:35 PMUnfortunately there is a lot of truth to this. My DD has been on 5 different TB/Tournament teams from 10U - 14U and only 1 team was what I consider...62 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2018, 04:49 PMIf you can video her from behind in slo-mo, watch her back swing and position of her hands on the upswing at 3 o'clock. With some kids, any variance...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2018, 12:04 AMThe last one looked pretty good.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-07-2018, 11:58 PMThis clip is MUCH better at showing step backs. Go to the :16 mark for a good one:27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-07-2018, 11:56 PMFor kids who tend to bend at the hips, here's one of several cues to help teach posture. At release, stay tall, hold the posture briefly, then step...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-07-2018, 01:05 PMI'm not following your point here? The Kelly Barnhills and Cat Ostermans of the world have been pitching "illegally" since they were teenagers in...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-07-2018, 12:09 AMIt’s great to see the ACC and PAC-12 playing strong this season. Let’s see if they can continue this into next year and beyond.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-07-2018, 12:06 AMWhy would they start calling IPs now, Cat Osterman leaped illegally for 15 years, nothing new with the non-calls. The only people that really care...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 11:22 PMRocketech1 replied to a thread Young pitcher with a catcher who can't catch her in Being a Softball ParentIn all stars and/or on tournament teams she will have a good catcher; regular season rec can be brutal. Hopefully her coaches will draft at least one...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 11:03 PMBarnhill is one of the few pitchers that throws her riseball on three different planes. Impressive.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 10:47 PMThe problem is most D1 pitcher’s riseball is tilted upwards bullet spin. It’s not a true back spin riseball, but nevertheless it is effective. During...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 03:50 PMBoth. However, I will say Barnhill gets more backspin on her riseball than any other D1 pitcher and throws it on 3 different planes. Neither of...71 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-03-2018, 10:24 PMI learned that Barnhill now has a screwball!16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 07:20 PMWe had 8U catchers and pitchers receive signs and it worked out fine. 1 finger = fastball; 2 fingers change-up. No pitcher has more than that at 8U...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 07:11 PMCoachJD you did the right thing and I'm glad it all worked out.28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2018, 09:24 PMShe signs a mean autograph too!4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2018, 09:15 PMLove her rise and change!4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-30-2018, 09:23 PMI like the push-push action that the pushback drill creates. Use both legs for efficiency and power. ...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-28-2018, 05:05 PMCurious to know what Walljasper's spin rate is on her rise? Comes in around 50 MPH and floats like a balloon!18 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- January 10
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,202 Posts
- Last Activity
- 06-19-2018 04:50 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 3 of 3
- 12:33 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball... a common tactic by Rocketech1 where for whatever h...
- 04:45 PM - riseball mentioned Rocketech1 in post Ole Miss vs LSU Softball 2017 SEC Softball Championship...ed on my experience Rocketech1 is way off. I have ...
- 06:54 PM - MNDad quoted Rocketech1 in post Perils of TBI just looked up 1 SEC powerhou...
- 06:20 PM - Rocketech1 quoted MNDad in post Perils of TBMy source is largely perso...
- 02:18 PM - grcsftbll quoted Rocketech1 in post Perils of TBUnfortunately there is a lot of...
- 12:35 PM - Rocketech1 quoted mikfish711 in post Perils of TBLast year, a coach told me “TB ...
- 07:36 PM - Bob516 quoted Rocketech1 in post Close enough... daddy ball...The other option is make the mo...
- 12:37 PM - Westwind quoted Rocketech1 in post Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit SayingI think generally Amanda Scarbo...
- 12:22 AM - dbronstein quoted Rocketech1 in post Close enough... daddy ball...It sucks and one of the reasons...
- 10:53 PM - MTR quoted Rocketech1 in post Pitcher asking for different ballMTR - just an observation, but ...
- 08:10 PM - NLThunderHC quoted Rocketech1 in post How to help my talented young players overcome fear in the batters boxHave them face as much live pit...
- 02:57 PM - Rocketech1 quoted MTR in post Pitcher asking for different ball... unfair advantage. MTR - just an observatio...