- Older Activity
- 03-21-2019, 10:22 AMThis thread sent me on a quest... Two solid YouTube videos that cover the basics of outfield play. They're baseball-focused, but very general and...118 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2019, 09:36 AMThis is super important. Pitching is hard and can be very frustrating. It's good to notice when your daughter's mechanics are breaking down, but it's...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:28 PMRick M replied to a thread Couple Mizuno demos for sale...new and used in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsThe blue one. I was going on price since I thought of it as a backup. Now I'm wishing I had sprung for the Power Carbon.23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 10:02 AMAs others have said, IR mechanics look pretty good -- hand under the ball, elbow contact at the hip, nice 45-degree angle at release: The...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 09:31 AMThis is a big part of the equation. For most girls, the first four or five years of softball involve little to no outfield play. They'll get the...118 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 09:06 AMRick M replied to a thread Couple Mizuno demos for sale...new and used in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsUpdate on the 32/22 used Carbon2 from Core: DD has MS tryouts this week, so I took her outside with her menagerie of bats now that the weather has...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2019, 09:21 AMIt's a no-hitter, and the catcher owes you dinner.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2019, 09:29 AMUmpires in tee ball? When my kids played it was three batters and the fourth one was the "home run." If you have a four-year-old who can make a play...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 12:28 PMOne possible explanation is to avoid piling on in pool play. I've seen lots of teams thump an overmatched opponent on Saturday just to get a +20 run...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 07:00 PMBaseball America does have some "premium" content, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens at some point. For now, it looks like they're gauging...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 06:03 PMDid anyone see that the folks who publish Baseball America started a new site for softball: https://www.softballamerica.com/ They've got...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 10:24 AM^^^ This. Sometimes as a parent, it's so hard to see the forest for the trees. If your daughter was so clearly a cut above her teammates, and she...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 10:00 AMThis is a good point, something that those of us with a half-dozen $300 bats in the garage tend to overlook. It's great seeing responses from all...36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-27-2019, 11:49 AMDD keeps hers in the plastic bag inside her bat bag. If it's particularly cold or wet, she'll just tap the cloth with her fingertips and it's enough...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-27-2019, 11:30 AMThanks to everyone for the responses. I'm not sure I trust myself enough to be able to spot a breakdown in form, but luckily DD's pitching coach is...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2019, 12:17 PMI just finalized DD's lesson schedule through March, and now I have to consider April. This will be her first year playing school ball (assuming she...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2019, 11:56 AMRick M replied to a thread Is the female multi-sport HS athlete a thing of the past? in Softball DiscussionsIt's hard for me to read through this thread and not feel like I'm part of the problem. DD is only 12, and she's played a bunch of sports at the...112 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2019, 11:22 AMOur org mostly goes dark. DD is on the 12U team, so we have a mix of players who are on their middle school teams and some who have no school ball at...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-25-2019, 06:11 PMI would not have considered retaliation at that point, I would have pulled my team from the field. It's one thing to leave a base early or swing at...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-25-2019, 10:16 AMDD has been going to a Tincher instructor for two years. Obviously we're very happy with the program. If you're just starting out after any amount of...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-25-2019, 10:04 AMRick M replied to a thread Who decides what your team uniform will loook like? in Softball DiscussionsLuckily, DD's travel, rec, and MS teams all allow the girls to supply their own pants. I have no idea how teams make it work with the matching pants....12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-22-2019, 01:51 PMHaha, having this internal debate about the Queen of the Hill drive trainer right now -- do I ask for a blessing (before) or forgiveness (after)?!?!?15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-22-2019, 12:13 PMRick M replied to a thread list of NCAA and NPF pitchers that are I/R ambasadors in Softball PitchingThis is a pretty good place to start: Certified Pitching Instructors Directory| Tincher Pitching Quite a few women who played D1 and a few NPF...12 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
About Rick M
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 96 Times in 45 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 02:14 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 12:28 PM - Rick M quoted CoreSoftball20 in post Couple Mizuno demos for sale...new and usedDid you get the blue Carbon2 or pur...
- 12:16 PM - coach james quoted Rick M in post Hand Position from 6-8 o'clock back swing....As others have said, IR mec...
- 09:45 AM - pattar quoted Rick M in post OutfieldersMaybe this is a question fo...
- 09:31 AM - Rick M quoted KPower in post Outfielders...Her current team still h...
- 07:00 PM - Rick M quoted Rambler34 in post Softball AmericaThe amazing thing is not once ...
- 06:35 PM - Rambler34 quoted Rick M in post Softball AmericaDid anyone see that the fol...
- 10:41 AM - Ksphenom quoted Rick M in post Denial of team tryout^^^ This. Sometimes as a pa...
- 10:24 AM - Rick M quoted Lozza in post Denial of team tryoutOP I’ll be blunt. Yo...