- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 11:07 AMAll it means is we have to consider any time management a little earlier to make sure there is either 2 extra innings or just the 1. The really good...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:28 AMcoach james replied to a thread Too young to explode off mound without a developed core? in Softball PitchingThis is the 2nd point of resistance that is not being utilized. 1. front leg 2. curvalinear hip rotation and lock 3. torso 4. brush21 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:16 AMcoach james replied to a thread Too young to explode off mound without a developed core? in Softball PitchingWatch the 8 to 9 sec. mark This is my point of the foundation collapsing. See her butt push outward, avoiding brush, and weak resistance? It's like...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:06 AMcoach james replied to a thread 12 y/o DD. Adjustments are needed... but what and WHY? in Softball PitchingThe figure 4 legs.... is this what the new coach is asking of her? That little hop at the end. That's energy that's working upward. The legs should...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:58 AMcoach james replied to a thread Too young to explode off mound without a developed core? in Softball PitchingBeing "explosive" will come with time and development. However, the sequence of the load, overlap, detatchment, and the 4 points of resistance are...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:58 AMmarriard replied to a thread First aid and injury protocols on travel teams? in Softball DiscussionsWe have signed medical forms from all players which we keep in the team folder and one of our team parents has a very comprehensive first aid kit in...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:35 AMI typically teach drive mechanics first... This sets the foundation to build on.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:17 AMPretending that the clock isn't part of the game in travel is ignoring what you are playing. Sure HS is 7 innings and college is as well - but that...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-20-2019, 05:33 PMmarriard replied to a thread What age should a girl attend an Exposure Camp at tournament? in Playing College SoftballWe send all our 14U players to exposure camps so they can get used to the environment, have the experience talking to coaches, get a feel for what...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2019, 04:23 PMThis new drill... is going to create some really bad habits, and will severely limit her ability to throw any movement pitches down the road. I...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2019, 10:13 AMNot too shabby for a beginner. Here is a basic and short list of pointers 1. Timing is a bit off. Shoot for her arms to be straight forward at the...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2019, 09:57 AMHappy Birthday, young lady... good to see you posting again12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-17-2019, 02:11 PMWe don't do cardio/conditioing/agility at the beginning or end - we do it throughout and it is built into the softball skills/drills/scrimmages we...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-17-2019, 01:59 PMThis is a very good read: https://titleixspecialists.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Q-A-Baseball-Softball-Fields.pdf11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-17-2019, 01:52 PMIt takes only one person to be brave enough. Get your facts and documentation in line. Make sure you understand what softball did and does versus...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:52 PMIf you get bored it is easy to try to trick them, easy to do. Throw her perfect pitches until you are happy with her swing then slowly start...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:37 PMBatters are hard to call leaving early. :)30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:34 PMMore live hitting at practice and less saying 'calm down'. Bringing attention to it just adds to the stress. If you don't have the pitching to...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:21 PMPractice? Maybe slow down on tee work were ball is in static position and do front toss more, the 2 should come together.51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:06 PMI think you are over thinking this whole thing. Pick your 30 players and move on. We had some virus in our school and all 3 of our pitchers...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 02:06 PMYou have to have someone who is directly or indirectly effected if it gets to this stage. Ideally you are looking for someone it is hard to retaliate...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2019, 11:36 AMFirst - are you going to be able to do three teams? In our area it is just Varsity & JV so you can't have an 9th grade team or a JV2 team or...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-15-2019, 11:06 AMGood to hear the surgery went well and hope everything goes well in the recovery process.29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 02:59 PMclick bait!!29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 02:02 PMWell that is a new one. Nowhere near the worst one, but at least a new one. Ok... first, lessons to be learned: Coaches - if you want a player,...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 10:36 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXOn8z0J3w15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 10:23 AMcoach james replied to a thread Donated Helmets not School Colors in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsPlastidip is an amazing option... My neighbor kid sprayed it on his hub caps of his car to try to make it look better (to each his own) but the spray...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 10:18 AMHey Mel, Coach James Clark from Indiana here... I'm already working with your program. We haven't met yet, however I've known Jenn for several...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2019, 09:58 AMI bought a 6lb "rope ball" from overstock ... I believe it was on sale for about $45 this should be a good size to start with her.... 8lb will be...15 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
4 Visitor Messages
- Chicago, IL
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 05-24-2012 04:14 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,636 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 09:27 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 01:30 AM - marriard mentioned quincy in post Just saying thanks for the people doesn't feel like enough...ules. Thank you. quincy I am not sure what y...
- 10:46 PM - CoachJD quoted quincy in post Different Ways to Run High School TryoutsI think you are over thinki...
- 02:49 PM - 1stbasecoach quoted quincy in post One ump and leaving earlyBatters are hard to call le...
- 02:26 PM - clemenslee1 quoted quincy in post Staying Relaxed and calm.Practice? Maybe slow down ...
- 01:14 PM - quincy quoted Westwind in post Another softball coach accused of molestationIf you are a 20ish female sof...
- 12:58 PM - Westwind quoted quincy in post Another softball coach accused of molestation...Edited to add after Quincy’s post: As the...
- 01:27 AM - Comocoach quoted quincy in post Another softball coach accused of molestationPost her picture, not sure ...
- 06:50 PM - #10 quoted quincy in post First Travel Ball TryoutP, SS and 1st. C might be ...
- 06:39 PM - YOCOACH quoted quincy in post One ump and leaving earlyWe played a couple Teams th...
- 05:47 PM - quincy quoted #10 in post First Travel Ball TryoutFind out what position t...
- 04:43 PM - quincy quoted lancer360 in post First Travel Ball TryoutMy DD has primarily been playi...