- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 01:50 PMmarriard replied to a thread Just dropped DD off on her official overnight visit at her #1 choice in Playing College SoftballYes...well somewhere around a couple of hours west of you.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:34 PMmarriard started a thread Just dropped DD off on her official overnight visit at her #1 choice in Playing College SoftballDD was very excited! I am going to sit here in a hotel room and do work and watch basketball until late tomorrow when I pick her up :-)5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:31 PMMurphdog's DD was awesome - filling up the stat sheet in every category. She is going to have a great 4 years!!!! Always awesome to meet fellow...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 08:19 AMhttps://youtu.be/ghEs1l4NltA As a coach when I see this body language, I have to assume she's not "all in"... I can only go off of first...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:16 PMAgreed.... She's pitching with natural I/R.... she just has a forced (fist on chin) finish.... most likely to appease her coach23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:13 PMLike Ken said, its just a guess without video, however I'm betting it's happening for 1 of 2 reasons.... a late release making the ball come off the...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:08 PMNot necessarily... the elbow "popping out" is just a result of the pronating forearm... don't force this, just allow it to happen naturally.56 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:05 PMSoooo much better!! Now ramp up the intensity slowly, with an attentive eye on maintaining this brush and roll56 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 11:25 AMI always reply, "OK then, show me any game video or full speed video of her throwing the way you think she does." It doesn't exist. The moment she...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 11:20 AMIt is pretty simple - if you catch the ball like it is a strike, there is a better chance on the edge calls you will get a strike called. You can...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 01:21 PMmarriard replied to a thread Still Photography - Gear, Settings, Tips & Tricks in Being a Softball ParentThe secret with good cameras and lenses is understanding how the autofocus systems work best for action shots. I'm a Nikon guy so can't help you on...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 12:07 PMOh in this case it is totally an ego thing. HS Coach has known almost all the players on the HS team since they were 8 or 9 years old. There is also...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 09:12 AMAll three pitchers on DD's HS team go to the same very successful pitching coach who doesn't call it IR, but teaches the same principles (or we...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 01:58 PMThe majority of college coaches are surprisingly really, really slow to change their recruiting habits or how they think or coach, so I wouldn't hold...116 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 11:14 AMFirst off, I'd try to pick up at least 2 more girls quickly. Secondly, an eye roll or scoff at me as their coach is tolerated for about .02 seconds....16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 09:29 AMLots of good here. Some things: - She doesn't get very open. Her shoulders are almost square to the catcher through the whole motion. Her...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 07:38 AMI tried Java's drill on the queen... seems to work well in conjunction...124 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 02:06 PMA perfect example of why you NEVER talk about your zone. Now even if you want to call above the belt you can't... or if you do coaches are going to...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:51 PMYou might not have an issue - but as an umpire I have a real issue here. You don't discuss your zone ever - especially not pre-game. You have now...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:43 PMA lot... first ball skill we do after warmups is getting their arms loose and throwing. Also pretty much all our drills in the field will have a...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:38 PMThe call is correct. However most good umpires will quietly say something to the catcher before calling it on a previous pitch if they are see it...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:23 PMNormally I would agree with all this. And yes, you make adjustments however you can. Life isn't fair.. control your own destiny, no excuses, no...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 03:29 PMTake the ball and glove away from her. Work on just driving out with emphasis on her right leg. I'll typically do this with most kids as part of her...124 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 12:42 PMThere have a been a few threads on this over time. You have to move the ball into that area and be all around it when you want a strike. Or...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 11:55 AMAbsolutely not HE.... I like a lot of what this kid is doing. Nice overlap in her drive. Good amount of brush and I/R I'd personally recommend...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 11:46 AMYour dd is a great example of a kid who is reaching out with her left, rather than creating a thrust with her right leg.124 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 10:04 AMFirst, your catcher has to to tell the head coach so he can discuss right then with the umpire. And I'd probably not be waiting to make a complaint...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 09:48 AMPrivately and politely. Like anything else, prepare what you want to say, stick to the facts and keep emotion out of it. Listen to what they have to...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2019, 05:45 PMDD wants :-)31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2019, 01:41 PMDoesn't look completely horrible. I see a small degree of what looks like an attempt at I/R. Please read and then re-read I/R in the classroom. Get...8 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
4 Visitor Messages
- Chicago, IL
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 05-24-2012 03:14 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 2,571 Times in 1,652 Posts
- Last Activity
- 03-20-2019 08:11 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 12:30 AM - marriard mentioned quincy in post Just saying thanks for the people doesn't feel like enough...ules. Thank you. quincy I am not sure what y...
- 10:31 PM - CoachJD quoted quincy in post Tryouts are in 5 daysDD really would like to mak...
- 09:12 PM - Golfclubgreg quoted quincy in post Tryouts are in 5 daysDD really would like to mak...
- 08:01 PM - gdc03120 quoted quincy in post Tryouts are in 5 daysDD really would like to mak...
- 01:18 PM - quincy quoted jmdub in post No strideI've found that younger pi...
- 10:46 PM - CoachJD quoted quincy in post Different Ways to Run High School TryoutsI think you are over thinki...
- 02:49 PM - 1stbasecoach quoted quincy in post One ump and leaving earlyBatters are hard to call le...
- 02:26 PM - clemenslee1 quoted quincy in post Staying Relaxed and calm.Practice? Maybe slow down ...