- Older Activity
- Today, 06:32 AMTrue. Hopefully the "other stuff" is not primarily watching tv and playing on their iphone and is instead reading, playing outside with their...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 03:55 PMIf they are good hitters they will learn how to hit faster pitching once they face it more. If they aren't good hitters work on making them good...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 03:45 PMA bunch of brave parents there..I am not sure I could take my DD pitching. My current LF seat would probably change to a "in the car with a blindfold...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 03:28 PMI realize that. I also agree that games and softball/baseball in general need to be fun..it is a game after all. However in my experience an...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:43 PMOne of the main things sports can teach is that if you want to be good at something you need to work at it. I was a Larry Bird fan growing up and the...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:00 PMPut it this way. My 8 YO DD takes around 500 swings or so with me a week and maybe 300 to 400 ground balls a week in probably 5 or 6 hours of...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:55 PMThis is my feeling as well. Once they get to MS and HS where they practice everyday, then perhaps the number of reps they get during the week are...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:11 AMFor 8U that is a good solution. My DD only played machine pitch at 8U. She could have played another year, but after 2 years of MP, I figured she...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:59 AMBaseball and softball skill development need reps...lots and lots of reps. Pitching, throwing, fielding and hitting. There are no shortcuts. ...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:39 AMWhen the coach pitches, how do they throw it? Windmill? Just underhand? How fast is it? While this may make the game a bit more exciting and will...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:31 AMI see this mostly with 1st year 10U, e.g. 9U. By the time they are second years most at least can throw strikes from what I have seen. This is for...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:26 AM90% of hitting and fielding are developed, for the most part, outside of a game setting IMO. As a matter of fact, I would say in general 75% of...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2017, 08:09 PMI vote for all kid pitch.Here in OK 10U is kid pitch for both rec and TB. 8u is either coach or machine for rec and either machine,coach or kid for...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2017, 03:52 PMThat is because you have a child who plays the game (or a similar one) and probably know it better than most. If you took away all of the casual...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2017, 03:44 PMAgreed. I was just pointing out that him lowering that much seemed to cause his rear foot to do the same thing my DD's does on every pitch because...220 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2017, 03:37 PMThought this was interesting. Bellinger lowering/dipping big time and his foot does the same thing as my DD..just wanted to add that to reinforce...220 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2017, 05:40 PMWe are in Oklahoma. I grew up in MA so it is mild in comparison but still winter hitting at home is usually tee work and wiffle balls in the garage.19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2017, 02:23 PMNah. They only take a full month off from practice starting end of November. Other than that they still will practice a couple of times a week and I...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2017, 12:40 PMThey did lose, 8-7 and then lost the second one 6-5. Lost to two 07's and DD's a mix of 08's and 09's. Girls are still getting used to kid pitch and...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 02:45 PMNo my premise was and is, that people tend to watch sports which they played and/or have a kid who plays the sport. That isn't sexist imo. Edit:...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 02:30 PMWould you watch the NPF if you never had a daughter or you had a daughter but she never played softball? As I stated in my first post on this topic,...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 02:17 PMCome to think of it, I have noticed that :p116 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 12:41 PMLol..she's a catcher..not a problem ;) I went the other way during puberty..from a husky 12 year old to a beanpole 13 year old116 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 12:10 PMDD has a bracket-only tournament. First game is Sat at 10:25..if they lose they don't play till 5:25 ughh. I hope they win but they are a team with...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 11:58 AMI have talked to the coach about what I think her most pressing issues are, including her leveling problem. When doing this I was mentioning that the...220 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-13-2017, 08:44 AMI think a good comparison for basketball is DIII mens sports vs D1 mens sports. People who really know and love the game will appreciate a...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2017, 10:15 PMAll of you fine DFPers will be happy to know that DD's team had a hitting station with a tee which I am guessing was supposed to support a "level...220 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2017, 05:36 PMI would like to see a game swing..to me these swings remind me of the first few pitches for some MLB players where they are just getting loose in BP....53 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2017, 04:25 PMShe was in college. Think she hits with a stride now. I actually hit her up on twitter to ask why the switch but she didn't respond :rolleyes:12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2017, 10:41 PMPlenty of good hitters start with their hands high..none of them swing from there which is what I think you are saying....50 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- November 7, 1974 (42)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 174 Times in 137 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 06:37 AM
- Join Date
- 09:50 PM - dbronstein quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10uI realize that. I also agr...
- 08:49 PM - Deleted Posts
- 05:18 PM - 4 girl's dad quoted pattar in post Fast Pitching Hitting DrillsIf they are good hitters th...
- 03:45 PM - pattar quoted FP26 in post Coach pitch for 10uFunny you bring this up.....
- 03:28 PM - pattar quoted dbronstein in post Coach pitch for 10uI guarantee you most typical 8U...
- 02:58 PM - dbronstein quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10uPut it this way. My 8 YO DD...
- 02:56 PM - djcarter1966 quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10uOne of the main things spor...
- 01:43 PM - pattar quoted expeklaha in post Coach pitch for 10uI appreciate all the strong op...
- 01:00 PM - pattar quoted riseball in post Coach pitch for 10uI find that hard to believe t...
- 12:55 PM - pattar quoted Eric F in post Coach pitch for 10uSpeaking only for my DD...A...
- 12:26 PM - riseball quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10u90% of hitting and fielding...
- 10:11 AM - pattar quoted quincy in post Coach pitch for 10uWe used a blue flame pitchi...
- 10:09 AM - Lightning quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10uOur rec league... 8U - Mod...
- 10:09 AM - quincy quoted pattar in post Coach pitch for 10uWhen the coach pitches, how...
- 09:59 AM - pattar quoted djcarter1966 in post Coach pitch for 10uRec parents always ask me...I don...
- 09:39 AM - pattar quoted mikfish711 in post Coach pitch for 10uOur rec league plays a modified...
- 09:31 AM - pattar quoted Snotbubbles in post Coach pitch for 10uI've sat through 8u and 10u game...
- 09:26 AM - pattar quoted riseball in post Coach pitch for 10uThe harsh reality is that ver...