- Older Activity
- 05-19-2018, 08:16 PMI have posted on here about how DD has T.O.S. and how its keeping her from playing this year and the college she will be attending in the fall...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 09:43 PMI think we complain because we start out thinking life is fair.... We all look forward to “moving up” We believe that when you get to HS, it is the...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 06:46 AMDepending on the situation, i could do either- leave it alone or talk to the ump. That said, i had similar but opposite situation happen to a U16...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 06:30 AM8U and theyre calling a runner out for being out of the basepath? Ridiculous! Where i live, we dont even have umpires for 8U.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 09:05 PMSame. DD is 5’-2”. Im always looking for players in the WCWS that are 5’-3” or less. Kelly Montalvo, who plays SS in the NPF and used to play for...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 11:27 AMWe'll try to be there!!68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 11:05 AMWhat time? That's a major showdown! Kelly Nelson's been virtually unhittable this season. We have them on Wednesday for a non-conference game. ...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 09:34 AMYeah, if the kid didnt have a reputation of being “chippy”, i may not have given it a second thought. Also as has been noted by others, its hard to...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 08:48 AMAnd from what I hear, they are having a phenomenal season!68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 06:44 AMJust voted and shes looking strong in the results so far!10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 06:28 AMI gotta tell you- DD was at a college camp a few years ago when they separated the pitchers out and had them throwing. 5’-2” DD was throwing with...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 06:10 AMThanks for the info! In #1 I knew the coach should have vacated but i didnt find a rule.its a common sense thing, not unlike a batter getting out...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 08:59 PMI assume this would be NFHS rules.i tried to look them up but couldnt find what i was looking for. How would you call these plays ? 1- 1st base...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 10:42 AMI can tell you one thing every coach is very interested in- GRADES!! What does your DD want to do after college? Playing for a DI school in...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 05:13 PMSorry if i offended anyone. I was going to say “eccentric” but she is a nut the way many of us are “nutty”, as it is more of a personality...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 09:31 AMDoesnt sound like ADD or ADHD to me. It sounds more like a player i had with aspergers that we discovered after she was on our team and having...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 08:23 AMEnjoy the ride. I wish mine could be 8U and start it all over again!3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 08:21 AMThat's amazing. If anyone was recording, you need to get that video. What a highlight reel that would make!!8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-13-2018, 08:10 PMobbay replied to a thread Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conduct in Softball DiscussionsIncident 1- if it happened as i interpreted from your description, it sounds like malicious contact by the runneras defined in the NFHS rulebook....26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 12:29 PMOk, last one- DD was chosen to play on one of the two TB basketball teams in her age bracket in MS. After 4 years of sitting on the bench and playing...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2018, 02:40 PMBob- glad to hear it! DD is not playing her senior year (officially- due to surgery. But she wasnt planning to come back anyway) and our lives are...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-07-2018, 11:02 AMIf your DD is 14U, sounds like she could move up to showcase in the fall anyway. At that point, it's no longer about weekend trophies, but instead...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-07-2018, 10:56 AMHa. We're still working on it! Pretty sure many of your ideas are already infringing on someone else's copyrights! It's better to ask for...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 09:03 AMUPDATE. Thanks for all the advice. DD has been working on 'earlier and slower', and doing the 3-cone and ball bounce drills. They've helped her...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 06:06 AMYeah, no kidding. When i saw that she went back in i thought WTF???!! So stupid! Glad the story had a happy ending. She has come a long way in only a...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 03:27 PMFWIW- in my book a correctly executed slash involves choking way up on the bat and popping it past the oncoming IF. Pay attention to the hands, does...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 01:14 PMBoth my DDs had more than (1) concussion each and it wasnt until the last one that it happened playing softball. (Snow-tubing, figure skating and...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 12:59 PMI just came across this- being the parent of (2) softball players that have had to overcome concussions, this really hit home with me Ive always...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 11:23 AMI agree with everything except the extra infielders- one team had one extra IF the other night and it made things more confusing for the players. Im...16 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Boston, MA
- Working with my Kids and Grilling/BBQ
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 579 Times in 325 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 08:37 PM
- Join Date
- 03:54 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned obbay in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?obbay Can't watch the whol...
- 03:22 PM - CoachJD quoted obbay in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductIncident 1- if it happened...
- 07:45 AM - JAD quoted obbay in post Verballed: But struggling to meet required ACT admission score to get inReally? 8th grade is a goo...
- 10:12 AM - Deleted Posts
- 01:17 PM - pattar quoted obbay in post Sydney Romero swingI am thinking that it mean...
- 12:55 PM - pattar quoted obbay in post Sydney Romero swingShe and her sister have di...
- 12:20 PM - BobInMadison quoted obbay in post Having the worst HS season!MoparFin- sounds like our ...
- 12:19 PM - pattar quoted obbay in post Sydney Romero swingP- good job capturing that...