- Older Activity
- 01-19-2018, 12:21 PMBrush magnifies whip. This also seems counterintuitive and at first I really struggled with it. Pauly was persistent and patient with me as I...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-19-2018, 11:54 AMIf her hip bone is bruising, she's either got poor posture or is releasing too far from the thigh. Might seem counterintuitive, but ask her to...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2018, 11:38 PMPlease post or PM video. Pain of any kind is not ok. Sometimes, initially the curve and rise (rise/curve) can be tough on the forearm while...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2018, 05:31 PMGear is required. Definitely something we'll be aware of. The 3/8" is significant and can really alter the path. Plan is to make sure they set up...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2018, 01:02 AMDefinitely worth the wait!2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2018, 12:59 AMKen B replied to a thread Glute activation in pitching (props to Coach James) in Softball PitchingThe trick is explaining this to the kids without getting an awkward look from the kids/parents/catchers. I use glutes/sitting muscles.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-14-2018, 12:54 PMOn the plus side, guess who’s a Facebook friend of Fastpitch Foundations? There may be hope for her in the future.24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-13-2018, 01:36 AMThanks for the tip! I like it!8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 06:31 PM. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Thanks!8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 05:14 PMI'm headed to the farm supply store to pick up some mat for a pitching lane and thought I'd pick up a section for a catcher. I usually luck out at...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 04:46 PMI use 3/8" thick stall/shop mat found at the local farm store. I buy 9.5 feet lengths in the 30" width. Anything less is just too short. I use...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 02:23 PM. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-11-2018, 06:04 PMhttps://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/32521-rich-balswick-drop-ball.html...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-11-2018, 01:42 PMDD had to go into to urgency care about a week after her injury. She'd been feeling much better decided to go run errands with DW and the symptoms...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-11-2018, 12:19 PMMy daughter recently had one and was pretty much in bed with the lights off for a couple weeks--no gadgets, just audio books... If you haven't...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2018, 04:42 PMI second using progressions starting from the knees. This can even be done in the living room with balled up socks. Take your time on this. ...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-07-2018, 01:26 AMLooks very good.40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-04-2018, 05:17 PMA few ideas: -Change the last finger touching at release to the pinky/ring fingers -Grip the ball deep in the palm -Grip a little tighter -Grip...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-04-2018, 02:22 PMIt really depends on what she's working on. Here's the suggested perspectives I ask for when doing video evals:2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-04-2018, 11:02 AMAssuming form is solid, she can meet James' minimum of 60% in games, then go for it.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 05:04 PMI'll have to borrow one and play around.50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 04:27 PMSome facilities require them. Softies tend to be a little easier on the shins.50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 03:54 PMI haven’t spent a lot of time with a spinner and should probably play around more to see if there is anything I’m missing. I don’t like the way they...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 02:38 PMSad-- Didn't realize it was gone. John passed away in '16 and not long before, he'd asked me to take over his business. I didn't feel like I could...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 01:50 PMI use stall mat found at the local farm supply outfit. It usually comes on big rolls. I bought a couple feet then cut out a few 6x24" pieces. They...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 01:39 PMItems to include in the indoor bucket: -roll of non-stick duct tape -Pocket Radar -throw down home plate -3/8" thick pitching plate (fits...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 01:00 PMI use a shorter bucket (4 gal?) I often have parents/coaches ask me if I'd like to use their taller padded buckets (I guess a 6.4 tall guy sitting...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-02-2018, 11:01 AMFrom John Gay's site: https://softballclinics.com/pitchingchart.pdf Pitching Chart Explanation5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-02-2018, 12:14 AMSome cues I like: -Squeeze the knees (thighs) into release -Crack the walnut (I don’t use this. "Tighten the glutes" is the same.) -Pull the...40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-01-2018, 04:39 AMFor us it made a decent bat more affordable.16 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
- Last Activity
- 12-23-2017 12:09 AM
- Join Date
I eat, sleep and breathe softball
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 02:45 PM - xygent1 quoted Nunthia1914 in post 0 - 2 Countsrarely throws strikes ? How do...
- 02:41 PM - Perfect Circle quoted Nunthia1914 in post How to begin?I teach in Indianapolis area, T...
- 01:39 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted spleen1015 in post How to begin?One thing you are doing right i...
- 01:36 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted Ken B in post How to begin?MountiesSB put together th...
- 01:31 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted knightsb in post How to begin?If I had it to do all over ag...
- 01:26 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted cuzmail in post 0 - 2 CountsLet's hear your thoughts and...
- 01:22 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted RetiredCoach in post 0 - 2 CountsI am really against throwing a fo...
- 01:20 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted Arnival in post 0 - 2 CountsAttack, attack, attack. I ha...
- 01:17 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted cuzmail in post 0 - 2 CountsWait just a second here........
- 01:13 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted xygent1 in post 0 - 2 CountsI couldn't agree more very r...
- 01:11 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted slingnit in post 0 - 2 CountsTo each their own but you hav...
- 01:08 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted JJsqueeze in post wast pitchesWaste pitches are for coaches ...
- 04:40 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted Rocketech1 in post "Back Door" vs. "Front Door" definitions?There seems to be much confusio...
- 04:29 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted FiveFrameSwing in post In a mood, I can't take it anymore... and it started with backdoor curve.I personally read "or comes up" as ...
- 04:07 PM - Nunthia1914 quoted lvbound in post New team different ways please helpHey guys, So i changed team...