- Older Activity
- 07-19-2018, 10:11 AMSome of that was of their own doing. At that time and still at certain levels, ASA accepts bids for most national tournaments. The better of the...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-18-2018, 09:19 PMHaving attended the ASA General Council meetings from 2002-2013, IMO the PGF was more of "taking our bat and ball and going home" since the general...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-15-2018, 11:56 AMYou understand that removing, placing or just about anything else to do with the end cap of a bat negates the approval stamp, don't you?2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-15-2018, 11:20 AMNot always6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-15-2018, 11:11 AMYes, when unintentional (at least in this case), it is nothing7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-11-2018, 09:45 AMWorld Fastpitch Connection8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 08:44 AMJunior Olympic Age Qualifications. A player’s age as of December 31 determines the age in which the player is eligible to play the following year....1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-08-2018, 08:53 PMMTR replied to a thread 2nd year teams playing "B" at States and World Series in Softball DiscussionsDidn't use to be in ASA, but it seems to be now18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-08-2018, 08:49 PMNot a dig, just stating fact as it applies to your comment. Disappointed you cannot see that. Have a good day.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-08-2018, 01:57 PMTo start, that did not cost you the game, the poor play of the defense cost you the game. Also the runner didn't advance more than one base on the...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-07-2018, 06:05 PMMany people do not realize it, but what we knew as the 10U rules were the actual rules of the game back in the 30's10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-07-2018, 04:53 PMThese are local rules since USA rule book does not differentiate for 8U ball10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-07-2018, 12:00 AMNot a new rule, has been in place for decades without demarcation. Unless this is her first year of pitching, I don't know how she got this far...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-06-2018, 11:42 PMMTR replied to a thread Bunt or dribbler down the first base line who has the right of way? in Softball Rules QuestionsStill haven't heard any possible reason from the OP that would cause the umpires to rule OBS10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-05-2018, 10:01 AMThen maybe you should cite the post to which you are responding that is not the OP. BTW, if you want to think I'm an ass, that's okay, really...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-05-2018, 09:52 AMWhile the ball is dead, the runners still have live base running responsibilities. 8.7.D.Effect.36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-04-2018, 09:26 AMGuess you can go out there and show them how it is done, right?30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-04-2018, 09:24 AMWhat does that have to do with the OP? Hint: NOTHING8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-03-2018, 09:45 AMAnd this is why there is an umpire shortage, especially at the lower levels. That means teams and tournaments often get what they deserve. And it...49 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-03-2018, 09:41 AMCheck between their ears49 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-03-2018, 09:38 AMIt is because you watch they game with your heart. The umpires watch the game with their eyes.30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-01-2018, 07:29 PMThey are young, not withering away like old people. But I think the biggest thing is priorities. They've got something other than the heat on their...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-01-2018, 10:51 AMIf that is what happened, it is terrible. You are more likely to see coaches tell the umpire his/her runner is going to step off the base to be...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-29-2018, 09:06 PMI read it with what was given. OP states "runner", not BR or retired BR. Obviouly, we need clarification5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-29-2018, 10:19 AMThere is no INT of the contact between R2 and F3. The ball was already caught, so that out isn't so obvious. Sort of curious why F3 just wouldn't...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-28-2018, 11:48 AMAn old trick of the Japanese team. :)11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-28-2018, 11:46 AMI find that hard to buy unless F3 was 3-5 feet from 1B in a direct line from the runner to 2B. But that is irrelevant to the OBS. As Comp noted,...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-28-2018, 09:03 AMTry reading what is there. You have been given the parameters of an OBS call. Accept it because it is true and factual.31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-28-2018, 08:59 AMIf the ball was over foul territory at the time of contact with the batter-runner, it is a foul ball.9 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 01-17-2012 08:59 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 683 Times in 470 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 06:38 PM
- Join Date
Way past gone
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 11:56 AM - MTR quoted softball_beginner in post softball end cap queryHi, Apologies if this is not the corr...
- 11:20 AM - MTR quoted Momo'sDad in post Bat hits ball twiceSo I know that if the bat hits...
- 11:20 AM - MTR quoted Itsabouttime in post Bat hits ball twiceSo I know that if the bat hits th...
- 11:11 AM - MTR quoted quincy in post First base coach kicks ballLittle off track, if overth...
- 08:53 PM - MTR quoted Lobster Birch in post 2nd year teams playing "B" at States and World SeriesDepends how good they are. Didn't...
- 08:49 PM - MTR quoted motor-vater in post 8U Advance to home on dead ball?Thanks for trying to take a dig,...
- 01:57 PM - MTR quoted motor-vater in post 8U Advance to home on dead ball?Yes you understand what I was tr...
- 06:05 PM - MTR quoted Dabears17 in post 8U Advance to home on dead ball?Until about 2007, ASA 10u tour...
- 05:43 PM - Deleted Posts
- 04:53 PM - MTR quoted motor-vater in post 8U Advance to home on dead ball?So Im sure its the right call, j...
- 12:05 AM - grcsftbll quoted MTR in post Umpires..Not a new rule, has been...
- 12:00 AM - MTR quoted grcsftbll in post Umpires..Said she was out of the pitchi...