- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 09:31 PMIt wasn't a foul ball. The ball's status is determined by it's location at the time of the INT. From the OP, that seems it was over fair territory...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:30 PMThe only problem with the rule is the lack of a demand made by the coaches to make sure their pitchers are legal. Maybe all rules should be made...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:19 PMYeah, sort of the idea of the rule.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:14 PMNo, the batter completed her turn at bat. The next batter should have led off the next inning for her team.4 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:00 AMOf course they can leap. It is part of the dummying down of the game. I doubt any of these pitchers could exist under the original rules of the game14 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:52 AMMTR replied to a thread Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conduct in Softball DiscussionsClosed Connie Mack and opened Veteran's Stadium. Attended the final game of the 80 WS. In the last inning, the Philly police brought dogs and horses...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:44 AMRubbish The umpire is not there to be a spark plug. If the coach cannot get his/her team fired up without using the umpires as pawn, s/he isn't...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 10:17 PMDidn't see one question mark in there :)6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 10:56 AMThis is on the coach for not controlling his/her players. The moment the players entered the field of play, the umpire should have killed the ball...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 10:47 AMSounds like you are looking more for a confirmation than a ruling. Comp's response is correct.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 09:43 AMMTR replied to a thread Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conduct in Softball DiscussionsSpeaking USA To start, USA does not define "legal" or "illegal" slide, so don't let anyone tell you it was an illegal slide. AFA a UC ruling,...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-13-2018, 08:56 AMAnd this play is a prime example as to why I question those allowances. The batter-runner is in a no-win situation.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-12-2018, 06:53 PMObstruction occurs anywhere along the base path, not just near a base. Granted, a runner rounding a base and checking up 55' away because a...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-11-2018, 10:29 AMDistance from the plate (or any base) is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is if a defender impedes, hinders, etc. the runner without...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2018, 10:44 AMIt depends on whether the batter's re-positioning of her feet caused her to move into the catcher's way, which is suspect it did. With the foot out...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-07-2018, 11:03 PMHate pink for anything10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 08:35 AMBetter add a few more decades onto that :)25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-02-2018, 09:36 AMNo. They actually compliment each other with one addressing the ball completely in the BB and the other addressing a pitched ball which is not25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2018, 10:53 PMWhat's your point?30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2018, 11:00 AMThat umpire isn't doing his/her job, is being unfair in his/her lack of enforcement and giving your daughter an unfair advantage.30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-30-2018, 11:45 PMMTR replied to a thread Infield fly is called, but no infield fly at this level -- what then? in Softball Rules QuestionsScrewed up the resolution, but on the initial call, that's what happens when you mess with the rules.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-30-2018, 08:28 AMMTR replied to a thread When the fielders and the players don't understand the IF rule... in Softball DiscussionsHow did you have an IF with just a runner on 1B?9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-30-2018, 08:18 AMOf course, it is a possibility. If it is not in the strike zone or being stopped from entering the strike zone, it should be ruled a ball.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-28-2018, 09:42 PMThen there is the proverbial "Pony Tail Scenario" :)2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-28-2018, 05:40 PMIt is a matter of fairness. Balls are provided As long as they are approved balls, they are good to go. As has previously been noted, the first...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-24-2018, 09:04 AMSince we are doing resumes, I started umpiring in 1966 (baseball). Transitioned to softball in 88. ASA State UIC for more than a decade, Elite and...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 09:57 PMSpeaking USA, there is no longer a restriction on the number of layers which can be applied to the bat handle2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 09:48 PMYou are not. Same for all rule sets using the double base. Not only is it normal, it is the mechanic. No umpire is ever to offer his/her...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 09:32 PMNo, the umpire is not the game announcer. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. Considering your responses, it makes me think it is about...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 09:10 PMThis is an appeal that must be made by the defense prior to the offense realizing the problem and making a correction22 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 01-17-2012 08:59 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 635 Times in 439 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 09:28 AM
- Join Date
Way past gone
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 09:31 PM - MTR quoted Chaz McNulty in post Runner interferanceEven though it ended up being a f...
- 07:30 PM - MTR quoted Cannonball in post NCAA WCWS and IPAn injustice is being done to a...
- 07:19 PM - MTR quoted cuzmail in post NCAA WCWS and IPBarnhill can and does once s...
- 07:14 PM - MTR quoted Chaz McNulty in post Runner interferanceWe had this situation come up the...
- 10:24 AM - cuzmail quoted MTR in post NCAA WCWS and IPOf course they can leap....
- 10:00 AM - MTR quoted nikkilugi in post NCAA WCWS and IPThe announcers said there was ...
- 09:52 AM - MTR quoted BobInMadison in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductTo show how incredibly ancient I ...
- 09:44 AM - MTR quoted nbjohnson in post Umpire rant, what do you think?First of all, a coach can ask ...
- 09:43 AM - MTR quoted softgabby in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductSpeaking USA Incident 1: ...