- Older Activity
- Today, 04:47 AMI'll translate what you've provided into a couple possibilities. 1) She's got a heavy trail foot, maybe ruddering and is draining energy behind in...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 01:17 AMHere's one of my favorite starting positions, hands slightly in front of the back shoulder and they move back slightly. The barrel starts flatter and...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:53 AMHere's another gif with the barrel starting pointing toward the dugout and low (not really low, but 45 degrees) and then the it is raised and pointed...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:39 AM5frames, I don't think I would call it loading. I don't like the idea behind loading the upperbody. I would say the barrel/hands are moving in a...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:35 AMBased on the situation you described, I would keep my mouth shut. If I had a friendly relationship with the other coach, I might tactfully offer my...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:17 AMDILLIGAF - Oregon isn't generally a hotbed of high-level softball talent. If a program is trying to compete at the highest levels, they are going to...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:00 AMFiveFrameSwing replied to a thread Leg kick and barrel movement (loading?) in Softball Hitting TechnicalIs the loading that you are pointing out the loading of the core/torso? That is what I see taking place.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:39 PMWhy do you think leg drive will help her speed? What is it about the leg drive and what happens during the leg drive that you perceive will increase...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:24 PMFirst, I should take my own advice on hitting threads here but don't. Bite your tongue. It isn't your place and you just might create a bigger...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:43 PMJust a view of a leg kick and (loading?) barrel movement. I like the barrel movement from flat to vertical. There are hitters that have this movement...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 08:07 PMUltimately I am a coach. If someone asks my advice, I will almost always offer it. That said, I will not interrupt when someone else is working...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 04:26 AMuncdrew, You have to try to remember that reading pitches is a skill that is developed over a period of years in the skill development phase. As...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 04:06 AMA nice tribute for a gentleman of our game. For the few of you here who may have heard the name or may have seen a clip of Adam Folkard, he...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 02:02 AMNo, imo there is more taking place than simply letting the hand go from the body's rotation.33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 10:39 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Looking for help on correcting a throwing issue in Softball DiscussionsTry having her slow down the whole motion first. Work on being fluid and rhythmic. Then build up the speed. You can also try having her close her...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 09:05 PMSome kids go to school to play softball and get an education. Some kids go to school to get an education and play softball. Neither one is...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 08:05 PMTake into account this is a baseball pitcher:14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 01:28 PMLike coach james said, posture should be a focus. Her arm IR’s but without lag she’s not getting any whip. Loosen up/relax the lower arm and get...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 11:58 AMWe are all talking about the same thing when it comes to the elite swing. Connection comes from Mankin explaining "transfer" mechanics. He looked at...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 08:03 AMI have seen connection described various ways, but this is the first time I have seen this description...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 03:00 AMIMO 'connection' is something that happens best when one tries not to be connected and uses both engines independently, yet synchronized.33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-15-2018, 01:28 AMYes a pass through position with the caveat that the hands do ride that relationship for the slightest period of time. I've discusses connection in...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 11:33 PMThe goal is to loosen up and allow the lower arm/ball to lag. Often times, when the arm loosens, the ball tends to lag more, resulting in a palm up...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 09:53 PMKeep working on allowing the lower arm to loosen up. She's got a ton of untapped potential once she finds her whip.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 09:34 PMConnection is a concept. If you have bat drag you lack connection. If you accelerate the barrel from start to finish or turn the barrel, you have...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 09:18 PMThese mats can be purchased at many farm or hardware stores. I get 9.5’ x 30” x 3/8” sections, plus another 24 inches to cut into pitching rubbers. ...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 08:21 PMEssentially, yes. I see connection as a pass through position. There is a time during the swing that the hands will be near the back shoulder and...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 08:18 PMNot sure what part you are disagreeing with. I am referring to what Tewks refers to as a "pull pattern". He describes this as an overly rotational...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 07:17 PMNot from my perspective. I teach that the torso-engine pulls ... with zero intent on being 'connected'.33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2018, 04:46 PMEric F replied to a thread Bradley Next Play vs Bradley FP Gold vs Vinci Fortus Glove comparison in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsI would bet that tightening the laces on the Miz will extend it's lifespan a bit. As for choosing which of the new gloves to go with, pick the one...9 replies | 0 view(s)
About Ken B
- I study pitching mechanics 8 days a week...
- Pac NW
- Coaching soccer/goalkeepers and softball/pitching. Family, church, flying RC/FPV.
- Student of pitching mechanics
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 4,620 Times in 2,248 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 01:41 AM
- Join Date
where's the chocolate?
Going broke on softball
Certified softball maniac
Checking out the clubhouse
- 04:33 PM - Ken B mentioned BT3100 in post Calling Pocket Radar!...ch?v=oDbIp0zAcpI BT3100 Not sure whether to ...
- 12:12 AM - Ken B mentioned Gtrips07 in post Garcia - both feet moving...rom the back foot. Gtrips07's daughter demonstra...
- 12:04 AM - Ken B mentioned STRIKE3 in post Garcia - both feet movingSTRIKE3 ;) The push back dri...
- 09:43 PM - Ken B mentioned STRIKE3 in post Rachel Garcia - Analysis of Right Leg AFTER Push off - Leg AdductionSTRIKE3 I agree with your o...
- 09:34 PM - Ken B mentioned amandascarborough in post Elite level pitcher that doesnt use I/R? Definately not I/R. BM please explain? Lol!...eeps on that path! amandascarborough
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned WaSpeed02 in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12WaSpeed02 bucket pinata Army...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned Shawn in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12...yStrong GoCaboNow Shawn FiveFrameSwing Sea...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned Seattlecoach in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12...wn FiveFrameSwing Seattlecoach mann Please come...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned mann in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12...wing Seattlecoach mann Please come out i...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned GoCaboNow in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12...pinata ArmyStrong GoCaboNow Shawn FiveFrameSwi...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned FiveFrameSwing in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12... GoCaboNow Shawn FiveFrameSwing Seattlecoach mann ...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned bucket pinata in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12WaSpeed02 bucket pinata ArmyStrong GoCaboN...
- 01:35 AM - Ken B mentioned ArmyStrong in post Fastpitch Foundations PacNW Tour 8/11 & 8/12...d02 bucket pinata ArmyStrong GoCaboNow Shawn F...
- 11:58 PM - Ken B mentioned Man10 in post Not knowing John Gay, I did look him up...I found a softball clinic pitching handoutMan10
- 08:52 PM - DrRiello quoted Ken B in post Brush InteferencePosture could be a concern...
- 08:16 PM - Ken B quoted DrRiello in post Brush InteferenceWhen she comes through and br...
- 02:31 PM - Ken B quoted Doug Romrell in post Video of DD. Need helpI don't believe I've seen that ga...
- 02:23 PM - Doug Romrell quoted Ken B in post Video of DD. Need helpI mostly agree, but would ...
- 02:16 PM - SB45 quoted Ken B in post Long Tossi can offer a technically ...
- 02:09 PM - Ken B quoted bobbyb in post Video of DD. Need helpThe goal is from a good lau...
- 01:53 PM - Ken B quoted SB45 in post Long TossWhat are the functional t...
- 12:39 PM - Deleted Posts