- Older Activity
- 11-19-2017, 10:24 PMNot sure I would trust any info you get here for specific state rules and regulations. I would suggest asking some of your local HS coaches, or...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2017, 10:21 PMMy favorite gift as a coach was a framed picture of the team and there was a border around the picture where all the players had written a note. It...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2017, 10:10 PMCamps are BIG money makers for college coaches, so my suggestion would be to contact the coaching staff and request a tour of the facilities, campus...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2017, 01:23 PMA knuckle ball is normally thrown with a stiffened wrist and is pushed out of the palm with as little spin as possible. It is a change up vs. a...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2017, 01:03 PMI would suggest coating the entire glove with Obenauf's heavy duty leather preservative then wrapping it in plastic wrap, with a ball in the pocket,...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-19-2017, 12:53 PMMy DD throws a slurve (slow curveball) as her medium speed pitch. It is thrown exactly like a curve ball, but she pulls a couple of knuckles up on...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-18-2017, 07:31 PMThis ^^^^^27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 11:04 PMMy DD does long toss year round unless she is shut down for a period. There is a video on FloSoftball with Lacy Waldrop advocating throwing long...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 09:52 PMI was wondering about this as well. Is softball not an option where you live? I would try to get her onto a competitive TB team to let her see how...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 02:01 PMDD and I used to do something similar. She could get to about where CF would play on a 200' fence. The sad part was I had to throw them back to her...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-16-2017, 10:09 AMAs riseball mentions, long toss is a great place to start. Hitting the gym and doing core and leg/arm workouts never hurts. I have also heard some...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 10:58 PMJAD replied to a thread What bat(s) to purchase for the team? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsI would also ask the team if anyone has any bats they would be willing to let the team use. My DD always had 2-3 extras at home that we would have...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 10:53 PMI have always encouraged my DD to field everything she can with reasonable effort. I don't want her diving for balls, but I want her to be...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 10:43 PMThis is the umpire I want when my DD is pitching, when she is hitting, not so much...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 06:01 PMI couldn't help myself...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 05:58 PMMy suggestion would be to talk with some college coaches and ask for their advice. College coaches run in a pretty tight circle and while the one...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 05:53 PMJAD replied to a thread What bat(s) to purchase for the team? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsFor a team bat I would check with Coresoftball20 and check Ebay for a sale on last years model. Play-It-Again sports is also a good place to check.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 01:27 PMHigh level TB is a pretty small circle and karma is a beoch...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 01:23 PMI have already fielded a couple of calls from my DD complaining "softball is ruling her life"...my response was "suck it up buttercup"! DD loves...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 11:05 AMI would also like to add a message emphasizing sluggers post about girls REALLY wanting to play in college. A lot of girls love playing TB when they...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 09:03 AMI would ask her coach for an honest assessment. College coaches recruit athletes who can hit. It really does not matter if she plays SS or 3B.29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 01:38 PMAgree that the number of pitchers hitting at a P5 is limited, but Bob516 's DD is a catcher and they do not get one either...and when was the last...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 11:58 AMI wonder if the NCAA adapting the new rule will help generate support in the other committees. Otherwise you are still going to end up with a lot of...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 11:50 AMJAD replied to a thread Speed progression - for those that have been there in Softball PitchingGrowing up DD adding @ 5 MPH per year during her growth spurts. After that extra speed became hard to come by, but her spins improved. Now I am...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 09:54 AMOne thing I would like to point out is there are no courtesy runners in college softball, so having your DD learn to effectively run the bases now...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-11-2017, 08:58 AMWhat are the chances the other sanctions follow their lead?13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-11-2017, 08:27 AMNot sure when it goes into effect, but it is my understanding that they are modifying the IP rules to just a ball on the batter, no runners advance.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 05:03 PMDid anyone post pictures of their signing ceremony? Congratulations to all players who signed!3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 05:02 PMWe tried to carry 12 players at 12U, but all of our players were dedicated. If you have multi-sport players who are not dedicated to softball you...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 17 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- September 6
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" ~Bruce Lee
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 6,380 Times in 2,901 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 05:16 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 4 of 4
- 09:52 AM - JAD mentioned Lwlemasters in post DD's college bio...read until the end for a good laugh...h the ACC Network. Lwlemasters - we will be there a...
- 03:29 AM - JAD mentioned Josh Greer in post Texting your (not-softball-savvy) wife for updates... to check on that. Josh Greer may be able to help.
- 08:10 AM - JAD mentioned riseball in post Taiwanese Women's Softball League team looking for a pitcherriseball, maybe Jake would be...
- 10:45 PM - dbronstein quoted JAD in post how to open mind assess your DD ability ?I would also like to add...
- 09:57 PM - Cannonball quoted JAD in post Offseason open gymsNot sure I would trust a...
- 03:59 PM - 55dad quoted JAD in post how to open mind assess your DD ability ?... stick with it.What JAD said! Sent from m...
- 01:32 PM - IRONMAN quoted JAD in post What do emails from coaches mean?If a coach is interested...
- 01:00 PM - Eric F quoted JAD in post Coaches Christmas GiftsMy favorite gift as a co...
- 09:56 AM - corlay quoted JAD in post What do emails from coaches mean?Camps are BIG money make...
- 11:04 PM - JAD quoted briang in post Increasing SpeedThis information is awesome...
- 09:52 PM - JAD quoted Chaz McNulty in post Recruiting questionYou may want to put her in softba...
- 02:01 PM - JAD quoted diamond14 in post Increasing SpeedRise, define "serious" eg numb...
- 11:44 AM - Deleted Posts
- 11:43 AM - ANNASDAD quoted JAD in post Pitcher Fielding HelpI have always encouraged...
- 09:19 AM - ANNASDAD quoted JAD in post What bat(s) to purchase for the team?For a team bat I would c...
- 01:42 PM - Eric F quoted JAD in post DD1 not getting courtesy runnerAgree that the number of...
- 01:38 PM - JAD quoted Ajaywill in post DD1 not getting courtesy runnerYou are correct, but when was...
- 12:57 PM - Comp quoted JAD in post Illegal Pitch CallsI wonder if the NCAA ada...
- 12:33 PM - Ajaywill quoted JAD in post DD1 not getting courtesy runnerOne thing I would like t...