- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 04:20 PMUnless there is a fit problem.....team helmets9 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 02:42 PMGet really good with the fungo. That's not an easy hit.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 02:37 PMIMO never. She just needs to get that other hand in there.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 02:05 PMTurn around. So she is facing home. That will make the spin in her favor. two hands while your learning.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2018, 02:45 PMI grew up with a touch signal with an indicator. That's what I use....so I'm doing the macarena lol. realistically all the other coach had to do...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2018, 02:25 PMThere are a ton of different ways to call plays. Having each girl with a wrist bands, I'm not really a fan of...but I understand it. Yelling out your...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2018, 02:14 PMAt some point or time she is going to struggle with the change. Why not now while the other swing isn't ingrained in her body?15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2018, 02:12 PMSlip and slide is how I learned and how I taught. But can still be dangerous if they aren't getting down. (falling backward) If they get on their hip...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2018, 10:16 AMSo tag home to score then retreat just in case she needs to tag? I actually don't know. lol11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-17-2018, 02:10 PMCall this guy and he can hook it up. The only thing I would guard against is to make sure you take down the netting in the winter. You don't want the...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2018, 03:20 PMI had this happen to me coaching my baseball team scrimmage. Umps were training and the UIC watching. My pitcher threw one just high but the kid...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2018, 10:11 AMIf she is having fun and loves it..... then nothing else matters. If she isn't have her moved.78 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 02:52 PMYeah Teach in lessons and practice, in games just a key word or two but let them play. They have enough stuff in their heads in the batter's box...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 02:37 PMShe is losing power for sure. Top tap is a super athletic move.... if she doesn't do it naturally don't try and teach her, just work on getting her...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 02:32 PMMy DD currently doesn't stride. But she is SUPER strong. That's something we will be working on this winter. She is working to look like Pujol's...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 02:29 PMAgreed. I had to break that habit at 18...not easy to do.28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 02:07 PMTiming off. if it was a toe tap (see josh hamliton) that would be one thing, but she is just striding early. Might do some tee work to get it all...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2018, 09:45 AMI work stations. Tee station rotates to front toss station, which then rotates to fielding. So the tee station is hitting into a bow net with a coach...38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-10-2018, 03:37 PMI have had this in the past. what I have learned in my old age (37) is some people don't want to change or listen. Keep your mouth shut and don't let...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-10-2018, 03:32 PMHawk_ replied to a thread DD's new team won their first tournament - until they didn't in Softball DiscussionsYeah that just sucks. Time for a lesson in sportsmanship with the girls. Cause that what it would take to have a smile on my face afterwards.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-05-2018, 04:45 PMHawk_ replied to a thread Wow - got to see the side of the coach we'd been warned about! in Softball DiscussionsYeah I'm not a fan of coaches like that. Everyone tightens up usually. Most likely the coach is hard on her cause she is young. Once she is an...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2018, 04:22 PMHawk_ replied to a thread when do new bats come out generally? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsI have the 2019 Easton catalog but not the Wilson one yet. Though I saw those bats about a week ago. Not really any major changes in either brand....4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2018, 02:19 PMShe should go suck up that scholarship for a year if they are going to hold her to it.4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2018, 12:48 PMI have a Mizuno that I like. They have a composite one too... but I would rather have wood.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2018, 11:02 AMHawk_ replied to a thread Is your travel team required to play rec ball in 10 and 12u? in Softball DiscussionsThis I disagree with. Having coached both Rec and TB recently, it was almost scary to have the TB girls hit at or throw to the rec girls. When I'm...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2018, 08:29 AMHawk_ replied to a thread Is your travel team required to play rec ball in 10 and 12u? in Softball DiscussionsSign up then don't show up. Problem solved.28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-30-2018, 09:30 AMAt a 10u rec level: Every ball hit to 2nd needs to be an out. Everytime. Once she gets older it will be footwork and timing. Ball in and out of the...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-30-2018, 08:50 AMyou know you can get the same socks for $30 a doz not on amazon......25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-29-2018, 02:43 PMI PMed you. We can hook it up if you need.25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-29-2018, 02:18 PMYeah I follow you here. My daughter is our 3bag so it's a signal as to what I am thinking based on the score and situation. More than anything if she...12 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 102 Times in 60 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 04:21 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 02:47 PM - bmakj quoted Hawk_ in post first year 12u needs some helpGet really good with the f...
- 02:42 PM - Hawk_ quoted Eric F in post first year 12u needs some helpIf you have access to a pit...
- 02:37 PM - Hawk_ quoted bmakj in post first year 12u needs some helpthanks! hadn't thought of...
- 02:08 PM - bmakj quoted Hawk_ in post first year 12u needs some helpTurn around. So she is fac...
- 02:57 PM - clemenslee1 quoted Hawk_ in post Daughter does a Pre-Stride to strideYeah Teach in lessons and ...
- 02:52 PM - Hawk_ quoted clemenslee1 in post Daughter does a Pre-Stride to strideDo you think its a good game pla...
- 02:37 PM - Hawk_ quoted clemenslee1 in post Daughter does a Pre-Stride to strideI agree that toe tap, is a tough...
- 02:32 PM - Hawk_ quoted clemenslee1 in post Daughter does a Pre-Stride to strideJulray - I have seen many kids d...
- 02:29 PM - Hawk_ quoted pattar in post Daughter does a Pre-Stride to strideHawk mentioned a toe tap. I...
- 11:02 AM - Hawk_ quoted GunnerShotgun in post Is your travel team required to play rec ball in 10 and 12u?At 12u and 10u the difference betw...
- 11:12 AM - FP26 quoted Hawk_ in post Learning plays and positionsThe main thing to learn at...
- 09:30 AM - Hawk_ quoted lancer360 in post Learning plays and positionsThis is rec ball and I am one ...
- 08:50 AM - Hawk_ quoted 625ender in post Team Uniform...need help please!Boombah for uniforms, amazon ...