- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 12:17 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread No Brains No Brawn...or...Kick'em While They're Down in Being a Softball ParentMine too. Whatever happens, it's painful to watch, even on the winning side. But it's a lot MORE painful on the losing side.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 08:14 AMgrcsftbll replied to a thread Not keeping a solid base and falling out of stance in Softball Hitting TechnicalWe have a player right now that's doing this. She's been struggling with her hitting for quite awhile now and I can't help but think if she's that...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 01:01 PMIt depends on what it is. Some things, privately. Other things, never.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2019, 05:32 AMWhere I live in 6U they don't even keep score. I can't even imagine appealing a play in a 4U game. lol. I've never heard of that rule myself.18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 06:23 PMThat's actually not true. If there are 20 teams in a tournament you might have to beat 5 or 6 of them. Anyway, my question is about the logic behind...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 05:04 PMJust one double elimination bracket. It would make sense if it sorted to silver and gold.25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 10:55 AMThis seems logical enough to me. pattar - as far as I know he's not. lol25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 10:22 AMMost tournaments are set up where you get a benefit for seeding high. The #1 seed in pool A will play the #4 seed in pool B. #2 and #3 play each...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2019, 11:03 AMThat's a great temperature for softball. I love the early spring, when it's just a bit too cold in the mornings but once the sun comes up it's light...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2019, 10:38 AMI think I'm going to have to pass on that!11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2019, 08:55 AMIn 10U a coach invited DD to guest play at PGF nationals. He said he was going to bring as many good pitchers as he could find. On one hand, that's...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2019, 08:23 AMWho else is as SICK OF RAIN as I am??? I'm in GA, and usually we've played 2-3 tournaments by now. But the entire state is so saturated with water...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-08-2019, 06:15 AMI think the "in my day" thing is an illusion though. I remember being in college and how many of my peers were really irresponsible because mommy and...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 10:00 AMA couple of our players know her. My DD pitched against her when she (player in question) was on the team before she went to the Fury. Her dad and I...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 09:50 AMMy guess is that coach does not want this specific player and that was the line he took rather than a more personal confrontation. I'd want to avoid...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 09:42 AMThat's the one. They're the same age as my DD and I watched them all through that year. Not counting when they played up in 12U they were undefeated...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 06:32 AMI remember hearing how the SE teams might think they were good but they needed to go to CA and see some real softball. I only follow DD's age group,...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 06:28 AMI think my DD would be unhappy on one of the big name teams. She doesn't want to play in college (right now she doesn't want to GO to college - she's...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2019, 06:21 AMDD has an Evoshield. She had another brand before which was itchy and she refused to wear it. She doesn't love the Evo but she'll wear it. If she...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-06-2019, 06:15 AMI feel like while that's certainly true, Tincher takes at least some of the mystery out of it since they teach certain specific things across the...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-05-2019, 06:11 AMI'm not sure anyone can answer that...? I live in GA where there are 9 million softball teams. We're registered A (required by our org) but we're not...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-03-2019, 08:45 AMThey're pretty quiet about what they teach until you're a paying student, IME. No pictures, no video, etc. I think it's because they want to protect...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-03-2019, 08:36 AMI think it gets better as they get older maybe. I've wandered through some tournaments for 16U and 18U girls and there are like 3 parents watching...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-03-2019, 08:25 AMI'm so sorry to hear that.43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-02-2019, 08:43 AMThe loudest complainers are the ones against changes. Sometimes a company will make a quiet change to be more sensitive to one group or another, and...43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-02-2019, 08:25 AMThis is just regional. They use two different bakeries. Where I live they're called Samoas. In some places they're Caramel Delights. And, this is...43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-01-2019, 09:09 PMWhen will it end? The day humans stop growing and changing. I wouldn't hold your breath. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-01-2019, 07:54 PMI don't either. And I've noticed that people who throw around the word "snowflake" seem very easily offended. Who cares if you call them ladders or...43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-01-2019, 07:27 AMAll Stars is what did it for our DD. She played all stars over the summer of her second year of 8U. We put her back in rec for the fall and all of a...36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 07:48 AMDD left rec for travel in 2nd year 8U. She was way, way ahead of the other rec players and was bored. Since she's a pitcher we considered having her...36 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,154 Posts
- Join Date
- 12:17 PM - grcsftbll quoted chinamigarden in post No Brains No Brawn...or...Kick'em While They're DownDepends on a lot. What was the win...
- 10:49 AM - Pride14 quoted grcsftbll in post Not keeping a solid base and falling out of stanceWe have a player right now tha...
- 06:23 PM - grcsftbll quoted J.Galt in post Seeding questionIf you're going to win the ...
- 05:04 PM - grcsftbll quoted spleen1015 in post Seeding questionIt doesn't make much sense to m...
- 10:55 AM - grcsftbll quoted panthadad2 in post Seeding questionIf there aren't enough teams to...
- 10:40 AM - pattar quoted grcsftbll in post Seeding questionMost tournaments are set up wh...
- 10:40 AM - panthadad2 quoted grcsftbll in post Seeding questionMost tournaments are set up wh...
- 05:16 PM - Charles_Bradbary quoted grcsftbll in post Protective gear for fielders and pitchersA lot of young players are afr...
- 11:03 AM - grcsftbll quoted Vertigo in post Enough with the rain already!!!Finally a little warm up thi...
- 10:38 AM - grcsftbll quoted Golfclubgreg in post Enough with the rain already!!!Lol, come up here to ND!!! We jus...
- 01:13 PM - Chris8 quoted grcsftbll in post Kinda traumatized by travel ball dramaI think my DD would be unhappy...
- 10:00 AM - grcsftbll quoted Ksphenom in post How many A level teams?I watched every FURY game I c...
- 09:57 AM - Ksphenom quoted grcsftbll in post How many A level teams?That's the one. They're the sa...
- 09:50 AM - grcsftbll quoted Cannonball in post Denial of team tryoutI am going to take a different ...
- 09:42 AM - grcsftbll quoted Ksphenom in post How many A level teams?FURY 2024? Sent from my SM-G...
- 09:37 AM - Ksphenom quoted grcsftbll in post How many A level teams?I remember hearing how the SE ...
- 06:28 AM - grcsftbll quoted J.Galt in post Kinda traumatized by travel ball dramaTravel ball is about findin...