- Older Activity
- Today, 08:56 AMMy DD loves softball. She's tried basketball, thought it was ok. Played 2 seasons of rec then didn't want to play again. This fall we're making her...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 08:08 AMFinding a team is very stressful for parents, not just the hypersensitive ones either. You never know what you're getting into until it's too late,...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:01 PMIt is very hard to find good pitching, it seems. We have one, my DD, which of course could scare off people. DD of the HC is a pitcher. But as good...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:15 AMWe've been there. You do what's best for kid, and you just have to be honest with the old org people. This happens ALL the time. It's just part of it.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:08 AMWe're having open practices right now. We have 7. So I guess we fall into that category. We probably would've had a team by now but our head coach...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-15-2017, 06:31 AMIt's funny how easy it is to relate the characters to people you know (and sometimes yourself).18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-14-2017, 05:56 AMYou seem caught up on her playing for an elite team. It sounds like she is not yet an elite player. This is a big issue around here, 8 million teams...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-12-2017, 01:17 PMYes. My kid loves softball, it's her favorite thing in the world. But they need breaks, physically and mentally. Mine's chomping at the bit to start...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-12-2017, 10:25 AMWe played a lot last year and I think by the end everyone was fairly well burned out. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-12-2017, 10:20 AMWow, yeahMine is first year 12u this fall. We're doing 2 tournaments per month, one long weekend practice (plus one weeknight practice) and one...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-12-2017, 09:45 AMSounds like a lot to me. How old is she?20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-11-2017, 12:21 PMMy kids are going on an RV trip with their grandparents today for a little over a week. Tomorrow we're going to watch a middle school softball game....25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-11-2017, 11:12 AMgrcsftbll replied to a thread "New" softball dad help please in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsDD's first bat was a CF4 off eBay. She's on her 3rd Demarini now, a CF8 being the latest. She won't swing anything else. If her teammates will let...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-10-2017, 02:35 PMSounds like you've gone above and beyond to me. At this point a text "Have tried to call" kind of thing, and be done.27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-10-2017, 02:30 PMWe're in the same boat. DD is not super self-motivated. We practice with her a couple of times a week. She has never been the kid who will go pitch...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-10-2017, 10:36 AMEvery team we've been part of has used email to communicate with those who didn't make it and called the ones they wanted to offer. Personally I...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-10-2017, 10:03 AMTotally agree with that. Our head coach decided to step down and my DH took the team rather than dissolving it (6 returning players, we've picked up...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-09-2017, 01:18 PMOur 10U team did an agility class over the winter. That stuff makes a big difference IMO. We'll probably incorporate it into our regular practices...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-09-2017, 05:53 AMI would have too. I hate the phone!27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-08-2017, 04:36 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread browser telling me DFP is dnagerous deceptive site in Forum Rules / Tech Support / UpdatesMe too. It started over the past day or so from what I can tell.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-08-2017, 03:17 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread Call me crazy- but we're trying something different this year in Softball DiscussionsThe coach may or may not be honest but the questions need to at least be asked. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-08-2017, 03:16 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread 14U team DQ'ed at LL World Series for social media post in Softball DiscussionsI'm guessing both parents and coaches had plenty of chances to nip this kind of behavior in the bud. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk117 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-08-2017, 06:18 AMI'm in GA and I love USSSA's website but for the actual tournaments I love ASA. The tournaments put on by the guy out of Marietta (I'm blanking on...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 04:23 PMWe had an experience last year with a parent who thought his daughter should play one position every game. Trust me, you're probably better off. ...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 04:21 PMMy DD is a pitcher who's also a good fielder. I think on some teams she's lost innings in the circle because they needed her more on defense. How...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 10:56 AMI only emailed her this weekend but there have been a couple of others I've been trying to get in touch with for quite awhile with no luck.35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 10:38 AMI emailed Angie in Atlanta a couple of days ago, hoping to hear back. It's crazy how hard it is to get in touch with pitching coaches around here....35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 10:35 AMIn GA PGF doesn't have much of a presence and ASA has kind of faded in the younger age groups at least. We did play a couple of ASA local tournaments...52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 05:49 AMWhat's crazy to me is when 10U teams have girls from all over the country, parents flying in w/ players for weekend tournaments, etc. Not something...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2017, 05:40 AMTrue. Mine's a pitcher and we've been told when guest playing she'd probably pitch and sit, maybe play a little outfield. We go into it being OK with...25 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- October 23, 1975 (41)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,464 Times in 884 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 11:14 AM
- Join Date
- 03:17 PM - grcsftbll quoted TMoney in post Call me crazy- but we're trying something different this yearYou can ask all of the ques...
- 11:00 AM - BT3100 quoted grcsftbll in post What is Tincher pitchingI only emailed her this weeken...
- 10:54 AM - BT3100 quoted grcsftbll in post What is Tincher pitchingI emailed Angie in Atlanta a c...
- 05:40 AM - grcsftbll quoted Cannonball in post Better to Find Out now!Along these lines, haven't many...
- 05:41 PM - riseball quoted grcsftbll in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGExcept for the lucky ones who ...
- 03:33 PM - grcsftbll quoted riseball in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGIf long term development of p...
- 01:49 PM - coachbubbles quoted grcsftbll in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGi'm not even talking about giv...
- 12:41 PM - grcsftbll quoted coachbubbles in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGDD hasn't quite figured out how t...
- 11:08 AM - coachbubbles quoted grcsftbll in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGYES. My pitcher's strength is ...
- 10:12 AM - pattar quoted grcsftbll in post 10u PGF pitcher speed OMGYES. My pitcher's strength is ...