- Older Activity
- 06-23-2017, 05:45 PMLooking for only a few to add to a strong returning roster.0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-23-2017, 05:30 PMIME the pitching at 10U varies a LOT. A lot. You have a handful of really strong pitchers, a bunch who are decent but not super stars (yet), and then...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-23-2017, 06:51 AMSoftball is so much faster paced than baseball. That's a big part of why I like it so much better! I was very sad when my older one switched from...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-23-2017, 05:21 AMTotally agree it depends on the kid. We did all stars in first year 8U, when DD played rec. She loved it. She was significantly ahead of most of the...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 03:35 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread I think we are leaving demarini in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsMine is 10 (currently 5'2" and about 100 pounds) and went from -11 to -10 a little over a year ago. She's a Demarini fanatic. She's got a CF8 right...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 06:37 AMWe have some of that also, unfortunately. We've got a couple who are really there for the social interaction and you can tell they don't practice on...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 01:20 PMI should have updated this. It's not a pars. We started physical therapy fairly recently (took 2 weeks to finally get IN, good old HMO). Just one...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 06:07 AMWe all know those coaches. They win more short term but it's all about their egos. They're usually the ones who act like children when they lose, too.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 05:55 AMWasn't it? This is actually her first year of travel. She'd played All Stars but never travel before this fall. She started out with a 000 batting...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 10:10 AMWe're only 10U and our coaches tend to bat everybody all the time except in rare circumstances (we have 10 so it would just be one sitting out). How...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-19-2017, 06:16 AMThis weekend we won 1st place in a fundraiser tournament in TN. DD pitched 8 innings and gave up no earned runs. There was a girl on the team we...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 05:59 AMWe were supposed to play in ASA State but not enough teams signed up. He runs such a great tournament, this director. Hopefully more of them will...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 08:41 AMMy DD is 10U, and I'm just a parent, not a coach. If this happened on our team, I would expect the girl who did it to be cut. If she weren't, we'd...38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2017, 06:22 AMgrcsftbll replied to a thread Best Fastpitch Bat you will recommend? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsI can only tell you what my DD loves, which is Demarini. She's a total snob about it and will hardly even try any other bats. Funny for a 10 year old...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 04:12 PMShe stabbed at it and left the bat way out over the plate. It was definitely a strike. He said as much when DH asked him. Point is, it's not a big...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 04:05 PMI've got a 2nd year 10U pitcher. I tend to favor location and movement over velocity because DD hits her spots and has great movement for 35 feet....26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 03:31 PMgrcsftbll replied to a thread Mom calls out former coach on social media in a BIG WAY in Softball DiscussionsThere's no excuse for adults coaching kids to hurt other kids on purpose. No way we'd stay on a team like that either. That's first year 12U! Middle...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 11:10 AMWe had an umpire this weekend (he's our fave, his strike zone is absolutely perfect) who didn't call a strike when a girl went on a bunt. It wasn't...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 06:18 AMWe got one when we were focusing on brush. I do think it was helpful for a limited time & purpose. We used it over the course of about a month, then...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 06:14 AMThis has happened to us so many times. It's like, their main job. And they have a clicker to keep track. I always wonder how this happens so often....15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 03:13 PMDD hit 667 this weekend (same for the weekend as she had on Saturday) and this was her 4th tournament in a row with no strikeouts. Over 20 games,...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 12:43 PMShe makes that throw to 2B look like nothing. Easy peasy.16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 10:38 AMOne of our catchers wears a cooling cap under her helmet. Like a cooling towel for your head. It definitely seems to help.25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 10:07 AMI have no idea. lol32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 09:52 AMOh, they will sometimes. We've had a few cases of the batting team stalling and the umpire getting fed up. Once the girl was taking her sweet time...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 07:17 AMWe played in A state this weekend. Only won one game, but we didn't get blown out at all. Lost to 2 B level teams we usually beat, which was a...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 05:57 AMIf the umpire is ready for the pitch the batter better be too. DD watches the umpire, not the batter. Batter having her hand up doesn't mean...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2017, 11:58 AMWe're playing in USSSA A State. It's our first A level tournament as a team. One of our key infielders in injured another is out of town, so we have...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2017, 08:21 AMOur county rec league has the coach come in after 4 balls in 10U also. There is a rule that there is no stealing home also.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2017, 06:37 AMNow the girls have enough confidence I don't have to tell them anything. In the early spring though, if a girl looked fast half the team froze....38 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- October 23, 1975 (41)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,393 Times in 836 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 11:09 AM
- Join Date
- 09:12 PM - Gambler Bob quoted grcsftbll in post Monday brag 6-19-17Wasn't it? This is actually he...
- 09:16 AM - Cannonball quoted grcsftbll in post You win now but how about later?We all know those coaches. The...
- 05:55 AM - grcsftbll quoted Gambler Bob in post Monday brag 6-19-17That was a pretty good highlight...
- 12:34 AM - Gambler Bob quoted grcsftbll in post Monday brag 6-19-17This weekend we won 1st place ...
- 01:08 PM - Eric F quoted grcsftbll in post Monday brag 6-12-17She makes that throw to 2B loo...
- 10:07 AM - grcsftbll quoted riseball in post Pitcher with a fast deliverySounds like the umpire was cl...
- 10:04 AM - riseball quoted grcsftbll in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryOh, they will sometimes. We've...
- 09:56 AM - quincy quoted grcsftbll in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryOh, they will sometimes. We've...
- 09:52 AM - grcsftbll quoted quincy in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryI agree only umpire matters...
- 09:34 AM - quincy quoted grcsftbll in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryIf the umpire is ready for the...