- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 08:11 PMSomething about the front foot / leg. Notice the pile of dust kicked up. She "lands" open (front foot pointing towards first, but it really seems...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-24-2017, 11:56 PMThat backstop looks bigger than center field at the Polo Grounds. Maybe it's just perspective, but there seems to be a lot of open space behind the...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-24-2017, 04:17 PMWe still do coach pitch (although a pitch machine did mysteriously appear in the equipment locker last weekend...) up to 3rd grade, and then again...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 03:21 PMTeach her how to get out of the way of a pitch. Does your league use "incrediballs" still, or is it regular compression (the hard ones)? Our...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 09:31 PMBob - great quote! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 04:42 PMGags replied to a thread Dealing with a delusional parent who thinks he is a coach in Softball CatchingBenny, If you care read through any more comments - figured I'd chime in as well. With the first quote, you're right - that's a bad time to...93 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 04:52 PMRather than using(and thinking about) her hands to load her scap, what about just engaging the scap to load the hands? (i.e. focus on pulling the...140 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 04:35 PMGags started a thread Rec Ball - 8U Catchers - What to focus on / How to use? in Softball Catching8U Rec ball (2nd Graders) - First full season of all coach pitch (no more tee's after x # of pitches). At least 5 of the girls are excited about...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 01:15 PMFFS - see threads from CoreSoftball (small business that sold bats to many DFP'ers.) Pattar - she does have a good line drive swing, partly due to...105 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-17-2017, 05:14 PMNeed more info, b/c it's a big 'ol "it depends". The younger they are, and the less athletic the player, the more I start them with a wider,...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-17-2017, 04:55 PMI think I'd give credit to the coach on this one. It not only (hopefully) sets an example (and the tone) for the rest of the season - it was done...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-12-2017, 06:42 PMYou mentioned age several times - what's the age range on your team? 15-16, or wider? (12-16) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-10-2017, 09:40 AMI've been waiting to use similar logic with my teams - something along the lines of "What do you call someone who fails 7 out of 10 times? A Hall of...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-04-2017, 04:31 PMThanks to everyone posting the clips - I'm going to try and show some to my 2nd graders this evening. "THIS is what it looks like when you hit the...64 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 10:20 PMThe drift fwd wouldn't be so bad if she first drifted back. But she starts out centered, then moves forward, almost lunges for it. Lots of swings...5 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 09:10 PM
- Join Date
- 09:31 PM - Gags quoted BobInMadison in post Making a Point -or- A Bit Harsh?I had a feeling of impending doom...
- 04:42 PM - Gags quoted Benny13082 in post Dealing with a delusional parent who thinks he is a coachhe will call it on 3 ball count...
- 12:02 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted Gags in post 6 year old DD swing issues..FFS - see threads from Co...
- 05:11 PM - Gags quoted chrispots in post how to recognize quality/correct hitting instructionHoly God! Every one of you sho...
- 10:45 PM - Greenmonsters quoted Gags in post 9 zone hitting ?So - anyone have any othe...
- 06:42 PM - Eric F quoted Gags in post 9 zone hitting ?https://mobile.twitter.co...
- 06:14 PM - DRDRODD quoted Gags in post 9 zone hitting ?OK - I'll bite. I only s...
- 06:03 PM - Cannonball quoted Gags in post 9 zone hitting ?...he movement shown? Gags, I've been coaching ...
- 05:55 PM - MacLobo quoted Gags in post Catching: The Basics - What are they, and How to teach them?duplicate post