- Older Activity
- Today, 12:51 PMrdbass replied to a thread Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact? in Softball Hitting TechnicalTo get the feel of hitting 'out from' your body and not 'around' the body. I like practicing hitting an outside pitch.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:32 PMKen B replied to a thread Best drills for getting more extension after point of contact? in Softball Hitting TechnicalJust taking a stab, but I'd say extension is more of a downstream result of whipping/throwing the barrel at and through the ball. Try throwing a few...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 11:29 AMA revolution in pitching instruction and information I hope! I look forward to the days of searching teh internets for pitching information and...70 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:38 AM90% is from memory, but I think it's close. The drive makes throwing more efficient--not only can you throw a few MPH more, but for longer periods. ...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:49 PMKen B replied to a thread Advanced Stone Skipping for softball pitchers to learn IR? in Softball PitchingBump.... Still searching for the elusive lag argument between Coach H and Coach H... Added: Found it!...37 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:21 PMBM learned his drop from Balswick and has studied his stuff for years. Pauly and javasource are in kahoots with Rich to put together a pitching...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:51 PMYikes! Was there any additional advice to do the Hello Elbow?7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:53 AMAs you add more lower half/make it quicker, your arm circle has to speed up to stay in sync. I've heard someone say you can hit about 90% of you max...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-17-2017, 10:16 PMThe best way to get Balswick's drop cues is from Rich himself. Since he doesn't stop by DFP much, other options are: -Wait for Fastpitch...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 01:33 PMHere's video of him teaching the peel and off-speed: As I recall, assuming a kid has good posture and brush, he teaches palm out-ish (toward...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-15-2017, 10:33 AMLike sluggers and riseball said: keep it simple, natural and pertinent to your session or game. T's, K's, etc., might be fine for someone needing to...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 12:27 PMI agree with you. Not only are players different, but weather can also have an impact on this. Playing high school ball at the end of March in...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 08:57 AM10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2017, 12:34 PMI think that although the forearm can rotate very quickly, it is not the key to the power of whip. IR and adduction of the upper arm/shoulder,...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2017, 12:24 AMIn addition to what sluggers' said, there is also more potential energy stored when the ball is lagged. Imagine swinging a bat with less lag. A...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 10:55 PMI think ole' coffeeking is trying to get his post count up in an attempt to make the ballot for the yearend DFP Posty's Award Show... Two posts in...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 03:23 PMRLG has made progress over the years. She's studied, listened and made changes to what she teaches. Her understanding of whip is better. I haven't...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 03:18 PMThe 2 Step drive sequence is described in great detail here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRaP2LkbGs and here: ...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 12:03 PMDD does her dynamic stretches, running, etc. with the team. By the time that is complete, she typically feels pretty loose. When she is ready to...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 08:36 PMProceeding with caution... I think that CBD Syndrome contributed to my older daughter quitting. It was heartbreaking and I'd hate to be that dad...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 07:49 PMTo be honest, I need help with this one as well! In my area, there are 2 who I would completely trust my daughter's development with, but both are...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 12:41 PMI like the whip--looks pretty good. Drive can be improved using the 2 Step sequence. Adduction (pulling in together) is probably the biggest thing...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 11:41 AMThis is one of the most frustrating issues my kids tell me about. I occasionally hear that the other pitchers or even parents or coaches ask why my...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-10-2017, 10:47 AMVery true. I think it's more of a result and usually a no-teach.20 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
"Once you stop learning, you start dying" -- Albert Einstein.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,380 Times in 840 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 12:57 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5
- 11:38 AM - Deleted Posts
- 02:44 PM - Deleted Posts
- 12:08 PM - Deleted Posts
- 04:53 PM - Shawn quoted FP26 in post Sosa, Bonds and the launch positionAn aspect of this that I ...
- 09:47 AM - FP26 quoted pattar in post Budding issue..I don't think any of the co...
- 09:40 AM - pattar quoted FP26 in post Budding issue..Infield footwork is somet...
- 09:30 AM - FP26 quoted pattar in post Budding issue..Coach had my DD play 2nd fo...
- 07:05 AM - Spartans21 quoted FP26 in post Pre swing pattern and sequenceIt is possible to be too ...
- 06:11 AM - FP26 quoted Shawn in post Sosa, Bonds and the launch positionhttps://media.giphy.com/me...