- Older Activity
- Today, 12:08 PMI see a 'twisting' torso that is assisting with the adduction of the rear upper arm. Note the thoracic extension and the lower rear back 'scrunch'. ...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:20 AMThat is close to the feel for me.26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:16 AMThe computer I use to pull down Youtube videos is down. Looking for a way to do this with Win-10 O/S. Also, we had a Univ of Illinois professor...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:58 AMCorrect ... from Dixon's perspective the torso is inclusive of the hips. Hence this comment here .... "The torso is king. So the torso turns the...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:41 PMI hear you ... I thought I was the only person that advocated throwing a riseball this way.26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:31 PMWhat does Sean Dixon define as the torso?5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 11:57 AMLeg? Perhaps think more in terms of the torso.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-15-2018, 08:29 PMLove the riseball lesson at 2min. That should open a few eyes.26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2018, 11:48 PMKen B replied to a thread Any tips or advice for a new pitcher(video posted)? in Softball PitchingThanks for the bump! It's been a pleasure to see D's growth and commitment over the last 3 years. Truly a competitor who's driven to improve!32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2018, 12:31 PMConsider multiple goals. Consider setting a target that each player receives a minimum of 50% playing time. Also consider a goal of winning. ...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2018, 10:09 AMInteresting pause in the arm motion as he hops forward. The pause resembles a drill he demonstrated.26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 03:46 PMIf someone visits the windmill pitching forum and promotes concepts such as “hello elbow”, then negative responses are likely. That isn’t...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 01:22 PMThe initial pull by the torso-engine should be more akin to what is demonstrated late in the video below. Instead this kid is using her torso...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 11:28 AMRdb ... in HI-like terminology ... would you say this girl "gets her back into it"? Not from my perspective. At some point this lady's...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 11:26 AMThat can happen when the torso-engine doesn't 'pull' properly.72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 11:25 AMEmulating a baseball swing, for the most part, is an excellent idea.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 11:22 AMVery close IMO. The fix however needs to be made in the torso-engine.72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2018, 10:54 AMFiveFrameSwing replied to a thread OK guys, why isn't anybody more critical of this stuff? in Softball Hitting TechnicalSpot on. Mike is a student of the game and continously evolves. I recall him teaching bug squishing at one point and when asked about why he...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 03:57 PMI have found, in my experience, that learning a "curve" ahead of the rise makes learning a riseball later much more difficult. However, learning a...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 03:25 PMMann, in the event you are being serious … the swing is initiated by the torso 'pulling' on both the rear and lead upper arms/shoulders. During the...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 02:36 PMMann is likely laughing. He admitted posted that video of a ‘push swing’ knowing that it had nothing to do with the ‘push’ that he was asking about...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 11:33 AMNot 'bug squish'.32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 10:37 AMBoxing may be a good analogy for understanding this. Instead of hitting into a punching bag, put down the bat and throw punches. The objective is...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 10:33 AMMann, I wrote the following to you over 4yrs ago on this message board ... "IMO, you need to understand exactly what is being described as a 'push'...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 09:55 AMI see this as the rear scap 'becoming' compressed in large part because of the tension levels during early trunk location ... and not the act of...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 09:53 AMA comparison to boxing can be made ... not a bad analogy for teaching/learning the concepts of trunk rotation and adduction.32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 09:51 AMI have asked many kids to throw a bat. A throw like this is seldom what I see. Again, the comparison between 'swinging a bat' and 'throwing a...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2018, 09:46 AMCorrect, the concept of pushing relative to the video you showed was not at all what Ted meant ... not even close.32 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Portland, OR
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 10,062 Times in 6,988 Posts
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 12:30 AM - marriard mentioned FiveFrameSwing in post Just saying thanks for the people doesn't feel like enough...humpty, rdbass. FiveFrameSwing and on and on and on...
- 11:48 AM - Ken B mentioned FiveFrameSwing in post Riseball videos .... please contribute riseball videos.FiveFrameSwing When time allows, a...
- 11:47 AM - Deleted Posts
- 12:08 PM - FiveFrameSwing quoted shaker1 in post Here is what 73-77 mph looks likeWhat are you seeing here Fiv...
- 12:06 PM - Deleted Posts
- 10:28 AM - shaker1 quoted FiveFrameSwing in post Here is what 73-77 mph looks likeLeg? Perhaps think more in terms o...
- 10:20 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted shaker1 in post IR and Bruxh in JapanSame here? https://i.makeag...
- 10:16 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted coach james in post IR and Bruxh in JapanCan someone GIF the slo motion r...
- 09:06 AM - coach james quoted FiveFrameSwing in post IR and Bruxh in JapanLove the riseball lesson at 2min. ...
- 12:58 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted BadMonkeys in post Natural HittingThis is his definition. "The c...
- 11:07 PM - BadMonkeys quoted FiveFrameSwing in post Natural HittingWhat does Sean Dixon define as the ...
- 09:48 PM - shaker1 quoted FiveFrameSwing in post IR and Bruxh in JapanLove the riseball lesson at 2min. ...
- 09:18 PM - matt quoted FiveFrameSwing in post IR and Bruxh in JapanI hear you ... I thought I was the ...
- 07:41 PM - FiveFrameSwing quoted matt in post IR and Bruxh in JapanAgree...have never seen i...
- 06:57 PM - matt quoted FiveFrameSwing in post IR and Bruxh in JapanLove the riseball lesson at 2min. ...
- 11:57 AM - FiveFrameSwing quoted shaker1 in post Here is what 73-77 mph looks likeSpeaking of lack of leg addu...
- 03:46 PM - FiveFrameSwing quoted rdbass in post 300 hitterhttps://s-media-cache-ak0.p...
- 02:17 PM - rdbass quoted FiveFrameSwing in post Time to post my DDThe initial pull by the torso-engin...
- 01:22 PM - FiveFrameSwing quoted Eric F in post Time to post my DDCan you elaborate? Are you...
- 11:40 AM - Eric F quoted FiveFrameSwing in post Time to post my DDVery close IMO. The fix however ne...