- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 08:45 PMBR swing was momentum based in their earlier instructions. BR couldn't get their hitters onto their front side/foot fast enough. They've since...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 05:38 PMForearms might be a more accurate term than hands. Supination of the rear forearm turns the barrel off the shoulder. Rear arm maintains an...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 04:59 PMEric F replied to a thread "Get the ball back to the pitcher" - absolute? situational? in Softball FieldingAt that level, depending on the skill and experience level of the P, staying in the circle (except to cover as you noted), is a pretty common plan. ...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 04:46 PMThe Stone video you posted is not a bad place to start. IMO, it's a good introduction to the proper sequence of movements needed to build a...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 03:50 PMNext year, I will know your pain all too well. The HS my DD will be attending lost 32-0 to the top team in the league last week. Most losses have...67 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:27 PMYou can tell D Up is correct because he uses all caps, bold, and a larger font size. Those are convincing arguments. :rolleyes: In my experience,...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:07 PMEric F replied to a thread when do you know its time to go to travel ball? in Being a Softball ParentIn my DD's second year of 10U, it was clear that she was one of the best players in the league, and was hungry for more challenging competition. ...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 08:22 PMSomeone other than you needs to have a chat with daddy. Maybe it's time he completely stepped aside with the pitching help. Instead, he should...36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 05:08 PMIn rec 10U all-stars, with a runner on 1B, we would have the middle IF pinch in towards 2B a couple of steps. It seemed to improve our ability to...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 05:03 PMNot nearly as much as I would have expected if he didn't know what was going on, and he kept a distance from the ump. However, the ump shutting him...52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 01:52 PMEric F replied to a thread Wilson Shock FX 2 mask on clearance @ BB monkey $55 2 colors both sizes in Softball CatchingThat's a weakness of the FX2.0, for sure. Re-gluing pads is a regular part of maintenance with that helmet.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 01:51 PMBased on the size of your DD, I would definitely recommend moving up to a 32. I know kids often like to stay with what they're familiar with, but if...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 12:41 PMWatch what happens with a catcher's mitt when a batter hits the ball. Catcher is anticipating the timing of the ball hitting the mitt, even if the...52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 12:15 PMEric F replied to a thread Hard work and determination does pay off in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumAwesome job, CoachJD. Thanks for sharing this story. I'm looking forward to hearing more about her journey.4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-23-2018, 11:39 AMThis was the first batter of a new inning. The catcher was set up like this on both the first and second pitches of the at bat. This makes zero...52 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2018, 11:27 PMGenerally, open/closed is not taught. It is a product of a good drive where the body must open during extension and closes during adduction. No two...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2018, 04:21 PMTexas A&M - In before the lock...https://twitter.com/FloSoftball/status/98741608882351308896 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 07:33 PMWhen you are in your car what are you....the engine or the driver? Bold above. Yes the release/SNAP of the built up 'tension'/stretch makes the...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 06:06 PMFor a 12.5" H-web for your price range...that's not a Vinci...my first thought is an All-Star Vela. Although it's a 3-finger design, it's doesn't...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 05:59 PM6 days to go...Coach White still isn't answering his phone...C'mon, Mike! Don't play me like that!!96 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 02:17 PMYou make some valid points, MNDad.96 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 02:03 PMNo I don't. Like I said a swing that starts from the ground up is a slow swing. I also don't believe nor use the 'move'. To suggest THE REAR FOOT...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 01:31 PMThere is: No, 'ground up' swing is a slow swing. No, back knee doesn't 'basically remain static'. Back knee/rear leg is 'trying' to...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 11:49 AMThis is part of the new regulations?96 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 11:44 AMThis may be the single biggest thing DFP'ers have in common.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 11:38 AMDamn. Somehow I missed it.564 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 11:36 AMI saw his (Matt Lisle) comment about that on FB. I have requested some sort of written reference backing it up, and he said he would find it. I...96 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2018, 09:21 AMThat's because maybe all DD hears is:6 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
About Eric F
About Eric F
- Music (playing and recording), cycling, cooking, wine, beer
- Project Manager
A TB parent's life...Drive. Write checks. Eat tacos.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 11-17-2014 12:26 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 6,101 Times in 3,144 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 07:46 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 8 of 8
- 04:20 PM - Deleted Posts
- 06:27 PM - Shawn quoted Eric F in post Building a swing from scratch?Forearms might be a more ac...
- 05:38 PM - Eric F quoted Rolling Hard in post Building a swing from scratch?thank you Eric. Help me more unde...
- 03:50 PM - Eric F quoted MoparFin in post Having the worst HS season!So currently the team is 2-8....
- 05:03 PM - Eric F quoted chardrok in post Ump HBP - Players EjectedDid the coach argue at the ti...
- 03:27 PM - deboy922 quoted Eric F in post Is her bat too light?Based on the size of your D...
- 02:17 PM - julray quoted Eric F in post Is her bat too light?Based on the size of your D...
- 01:52 PM - Eric F quoted 4 girl's dad in post Wilson Shock FX 2 mask on clearance @ BB monkey $55 2 colors both sizesI wonder how well the padding is ...
- 12:41 PM - Eric F quoted CoachJD in post Ump HBP - Players EjectedI'm not sure about this. Why...
- 12:17 PM - CoachJD quoted Eric F in post Ump HBP - Players EjectedAs Westwind pointed out, he...
- 11:39 AM - Eric F quoted matt in post Ump HBP - Players EjectedI not sure why she was se...
- 07:24 PM - pattar quoted Eric F in post It Passed......6 days to go...Coach White ...
- 06:52 PM - Tatonka quoted Eric F in post Runners-On StanceAgreed. The argument of "D...
- 02:17 PM - Eric F quoted MNDad in post It Passed......... some valid points, MNDad.
- 01:00 PM - CoreSoftball20 quoted Eric F in post 2018 Easton GhostDamn. Somehow I missed it....
- 11:58 AM - DRDRODD quoted Eric F in post It Passed......This is part of the new reg...
- 11:50 AM - pattar quoted Eric F in post Blah blah blahThis may be the single bigg...
- 11:49 AM - Eric F quoted DRDRODD in post It Passed......They redefined "PSA" for Sof...
- 11:44 AM - Eric F quoted TMD in post Blah blah blah...she...doesn't listen ...