- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 08:19 PMIf leaping is the problem, ban leaping. Honestly I don't think too much of this issue and am being a little facetious, but banning leaping makes as...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:56 PMGoing by memory on this, but I think the USA rule is that you can use any glove you want at any position. I looked this up when I saw a pitcher...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 07:50 PMAdding to what EricF said, also look at your local rec. program. The talent in ours declined a ton over the past few years, very few players with...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 01:13 PMThis. I've seen teams and had both DD's play for teams that don't play everyone in pool play and always thought it was a terrible thing to do to the...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-18-2017, 06:05 PMElk Grove Hurricane replied to a thread Scoring the infield fly that drops cleanly in Softball Rules QuestionsCan't speak to what else yo use on the board, coach but I can explain to you my reasoning: 1) An infield fly is a fair fly ball (not including a line...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2017, 01:51 AMProbably true. It looks a lot like the only bat weights that I have seen deemed "approved."15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2017, 01:49 AMOnly seen that in men's slow pitch, MLB and minor league baseball. I'm assuming the major softball associations will soon follow baseball's lead but...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-16-2017, 01:17 PMElk Grove Hurricane started a thread Scoring the infield fly that drops cleanly in Softball Rules QuestionsAnother infield fly question, this is one that could probably only happen in 10u. :) Bases loaded, no outs, popup just in front of second base. FU...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 03:41 PMTypical 10U rules in ASA: (these are all just what I have seen over the years locally): 1) 5 runs per inning (other organizations do the 5 up rule,...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 03:34 PMElk Grove Hurricane replied to a thread Interesting article on showcases in Playing College SoftballGood article, but it's embarrassing seeing so many typos and grammatical errors from a college coach.2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 12:39 AMAs 10u rep, your sole job is to dole out suspension in this case, and to do so justly. Let the tort system determine any reparations, and deal with...38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 04:40 PMThis is what the 12Year old is hearing from her Team: I must throw strikes. If she is like the majority of 10 and 12s that I see, she is slowing down...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 02:03 PMNSA rule 6, section 15 states There shall be only one charged conference between the manager and other team representative from the dugout with each...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 01:57 PMThe staff is blaming poor results on lack of effort, but their cure isn't going to fix anything. Unless you're all training for a cross-country team...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 11:21 PMAfter watching many college football games, I can tell you that they aren't any different in that sport.42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 11:20 PMAfter watching many college football games, I can tell you that they aren't any different in that sport.42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2017, 12:55 AMMy perspective comes from someone who doesn't have a kid who has been recruited, :) I have seen a few of these though and thought you did a good job....17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-06-2017, 12:43 PMIt sounds like a hit based on your description. If you believe that an ordinary player could get the out at first without extraordinary effort then...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2017, 11:06 AMcanyonjoe- when I coached, I tried a hybrid approach. I really emphasized thinking and the mental game, I saw that as a major weakness in our local...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-02-2017, 01:46 AMElk Grove Hurricane replied to a thread Your theory about who covers 2nd base on a steal. in Softball DiscussionsI don't recall seeing any team cover 2B with the @B, always the SS. My eyes tell me It has more to do with positioning in softball. The 2B is always...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2017, 12:13 PMIt depends. Two examples of plays that I saw recently and in one I think it's coaching, the other it's on the player. Situation: 10U team protecting...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-25-2017, 01:38 PMI would go 6-4-2 FC, no error, but my opinion could change with the addition of new facts. :) I see this as a play where you got the lead out, not as...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-24-2017, 12:54 AMBased on your description, I would have gone with FC as well. Canyonjoe's interpretation is spot-on.2 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
About Elk Grove Hurricane
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 159 Times in 88 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:35 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 04:08 PM - Elk Grove Hurricane quoted quincy in post If parents whine en masse, shouldn't they apologize en masse?I would much rather be down...
- 10:38 AM - JAD quoted Elk Grove Hurricane in post Scientific study on pitching in tournamentI believe the study also used a hand-hel...
- 10:08 AM - Elk Grove Hurricane quoted riseball in post Scientific study on pitching in tournamentThey also fail to answer the ...
- 10:02 AM - Elk Grove Hurricane quoted JAD in post Scientific study on pitching in tournamentIt is no secret that poo...
- 10:51 PM - Elk Grove Hurricane quoted CMMom1740 in post Do I have a legitimate reason to pull my daughter from her team?This is interesting to me. Do...
- 10:16 AM - CMMom1740 quoted Elk Grove Hurricane in post Do I have a legitimate reason to pull my daughter from her team?The rule that I was told by a former Tea...
- 09:44 AM - BobInMadison quoted Elk Grove Hurricane in post HS team attendance and planned events/appointments1. Ridiculous to punish a player who has...