- Older Activity
- 03-17-2018, 06:26 PMMe too, James!9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 06:25 PMFor sure, Chris!9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 10:42 PMSee my latest blog post. That wasn't a random topic. It's amazing how much people will pay for so little.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Getting Your Money’s Worth Out of Softball Private Instruction in Ken's Softball TipsIf there’s one thing I think nearly everyone in the softball world can agree on these days it’s that softball private instruction isn’t cheap....0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2018, 11:24 AMI've used Pinnacle Studio before. Haven't done much with it lately so I'm a few versions behind, but it does a nice job for around $100. I used it to...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-12-2018, 09:42 PMLet's keep the discussion focused on hitting, please.133 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-09-2018, 07:00 PMOne of the challenges of working with younger fastpitch softball pitchers is getting them to understand the importance of maintaining good posture...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-06-2018, 02:54 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Product Review: Softball Bound app makes the college search easier in Ken's Softball TipsGood luck with it. Let us know if it helps.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-05-2018, 03:28 PMJust had to give a shout out to Sluggers on this post. I've had the same experience, talking to students and going to watch their college games. You...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-03-2018, 12:00 AMKen Krause started a thread Product Review: Softball Bound app makes the college search easier in Ken's Softball TipsUnless you are one of those incredibly talented players who has famous softball coaches going out of their way to plan their weekends around watching...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2018, 04:10 PMI don't know about any equipment, but I remember talking about this problem with another coach in our program years ago. He said to me "You clearly...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2018, 03:29 PMAlso check out Cindy Bristow's Softball Excellence. She has a lot of online drills. Her program is offered free to NFCA members as a member benefit,...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2018, 03:25 PMSo sorry to hear this. RIP, Shannon.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2018, 03:24 PMI've passed along the thread to Marc so he is aware. Hopefully we can get it fixed, as I agree with y'all that if people who are checking out the...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-22-2018, 12:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Softball tryouts – hitting off the pitching machine in Ken's Softball TipsIn my last post, I offered up some general tips for a successful tryout. While it was aimed at high school softball tryouts, the truth is those tips...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-20-2018, 03:51 PMHaving a discussion with a friend about this and it got to me wondering. For those of you involved in the recruiting process, either trying to get...26 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...