- Older Activity
- Today, 08:00 PMA couple of weeks ago, as I was preparing for my annual battle with putting Christmas lights on the roof of my house, I came across the note pictured...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-04-2018, 06:02 PMHa ha, good luck with that, Bill! I'm just a poor private instructor, not a big-time college coach with a budget like you!14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2018, 10:14 PMI'll be there at the NFCA convention, Bill. I'll keep an eye out for you.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-03-2018, 08:00 PM  I know I’ve talked about this many times before but one of the problems fastpitch softball players face in our “instant-everything” world is an...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-21-2018, 05:03 PMYes, that is the key. Doesn't always mean you'll be rewarded for it - people are strange sometimes - but at least she'll know she did everything she...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-20-2018, 08:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Another Approach to Improving Pitchers’ Ability to Hit Spots in Ken's Softball TipsA few months ago I put up a post that showed a way to help fastpitch softball pitchers who were struggling with hitting their inside and outside...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-20-2018, 03:57 PMIn looking at pitching speed, I went out to a couple of D2 games this past spring and took my Pocket Radar Ball Coach with me. I took readings on all...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-12-2018, 05:37 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Practice the Key to Reaching Your Destination Faster in Ken's Softball TipsThanks, Strike3. Hopefully it helps some coaches explain to their players what the benefits are.2 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 01:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 05:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...