- Older Activity
- 09-23-2018, 10:25 PMKen Krause replied to a thread The Importance of Consistency When Learning Fastpitch Skills in Ken's Softball TipsTotally agree. As I always say to the parents, "You will spend far more time with your daughter than I ever will."2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2018, 11:45 PMDon't get me wrong. I teach catchers to frame pitches too. It does work. The other thing framing does is keep the catcher from carrying the ball out...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2018, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread The Importance of Consistency When Learning Fastpitch Skills in Ken's Softball TipsThe once-funny and now just more generally creepy comedian and filmmaker Woody Allen has been quoted as saying “80% of success is just showing up” or...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2018, 12:17 AMTruthfully, good umpires shouldn't be calling the pitch based on what the catcher does with the pitch. They should be calling it based on where the...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2018, 11:52 PMFor what it's worth for the OP, here are a few stories about some well-known pitchers who didn't start out as #1, but got better. ...78 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2018, 03:04 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Don’t Take Everything You Hear or See At Face Value in Ken's Softball TipsThe good news is the kids who had success before you got smarter don't have to give it back! I've been influenced by a lot of people - even some...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2018, 11:56 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Don’t Take Everything You Hear or See At Face Value in Ken's Softball Tipsi know, right? Old habits die hard I guess. And people tend to cling to things. I can honestly say what I teach has evolved over the years, and...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-13-2018, 09:22 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Don’t Take Everything You Hear or See At Face Value in Ken's Softball TipsHe probably is. But if his team is having success, it's probably in spite of him rather than because of him. But either way he gets to claim the...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2018, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Don’t Take Everything You Hear or See At Face Value in Ken's Softball TipsEvery week I receive an email that links to pieces of instructional videos for fastpitch softball. And almost every week I end up shaking my head at...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-07-2018, 11:30 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Playing Softball Can Actually Help You Live Longer in Ken's Softball TipsHa ha, yes, this only applies to the players. Parents lose about 3 years of their lives. 6 if the player is a pitcher.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-06-2018, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Playing Softball Can Actually Help You Live Longer in Ken's Softball TipsWhile it may not seem like it sometimes given the behavior of parents and coaches these days, there’s new evidence that playing team sports like...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-04-2018, 01:28 PMI've also been getting those messages on other sites - including the Washington Post and Newsweek - so it's probably something going on with the...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-04-2018, 01:25 PMFor #1, keep in mind that the team coach and the PC have very different goals. Team coach's goal is to win today, or at least make it fun for the...78 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-29-2018, 07:00 PM  It’s a pretty safe bet that “Turn, Turn, Turn” is the best-known songs by the 60s folk-rock band The Byrds. It’s either that or “Mr. Tambourine...0 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...