- Older Activity
- 09-21-2017, 09:59 AMNice bomb!!8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-21-2017, 09:04 AMIs this BP or HR derby? Also is he hitting off a mat? It's a fairly nice swing but it just does not look aggressive.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 01:13 PMMaybe just get a damp cloth with water and wipe it down figure out what is dirt, what is scratches? biggest thing is how deep those nicks go if it...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-19-2017, 02:12 PMIt's pretty common for pitchers to think they have to get out of the way and let their hand go through without touching anything but the opposite it...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-19-2017, 09:11 AMAlways fun to see the progression...keep up the good work that front side resistance is probably helping her out a lot. Looks like she traded a...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 04:03 PMI'm sorry I misunderstood I thought you said this was a nationally ranked organization guess that is the "organization" not this team. Well if...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 03:14 PMfrom the OP "even if HC thinks DD is #1 I think innings will be limited. " This is simply not true....go watch this team go through the...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 09:51 AMHonestly it's pretty hard to just dabble in pitching...it's a big commitment to get it right. Now I do know girls that just throw ever now and then...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-18-2017, 09:38 AMAs another poster said if you are not getting to start a pool game (and finish it if all goes well) then you are not really one of the teams...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-14-2017, 09:31 AMAs a lefty I can relate. As an AC on our adult rec league team in the Air Force we had this new hot shot kid showed up who insisted on playing SS,...66 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 05:53 PMIt might not seem like much but look at the tip of the bat Maddie's is truly stationary and walked away from and more straight. While Molitors is...205 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 12:49 PMThis seems like an odd question but do you think that this swing style would be more indicative of a single hitter or what we would have called in...205 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 10:09 AMI think you misunderstood what I was saying. I am saying go to the bag and straddle but IF you see the throw is off to the 1B side only then would...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-12-2017, 09:46 AMI just posted this last week...most pitching coaches that were college pitchers I feel DO NOT understand the mechanics of their own motion. This...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 07:15 PMYou can't obstruct as the SS if you come from 3B side and cut in front of baseline unless runner takes a weird angle. As 2B you are always careful...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 06:07 PMIf the throw is off to the 2B side and not going to beat the runner the SS should step in front of the baseline and basically cut off the throw; if...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 04:53 PMTouche!!!!25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 04:24 PMI think some techniques will vary but I can promise you much more important than where she sets up is how/where she catches the throw...you must...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 03:06 PM^^^^^ My first thought if her technique is good it might be natural ball movement from the way the ball is rotating nice peel drop. but if it is...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 03:00 PMIf you look at the side by side Shawn did I think you can see why I posted the still I did. Look at here older swing compared to now compared to...205 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 02:45 PMWhile it can be fun the best metric is during tryouts and skills camp COMPARED to everyone else. This way you are comparing apples to apples. If...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 02:12 PMI like the arm positioning although not perfect it's much closer than what she is doing with her lower body which is where I would start. Seems...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 01:38 PMI NE they might try at get a small tourney in here or there before whether turns and also do some fun dome tournaments once winter hits (one day,...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-09-2017, 01:55 PMI would say yes when you here snap the wrist, bring the elbow up, finish with patting yourself on the shoulder those are all signs off hello elbow...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-09-2017, 01:47 PM^^^^Agreed I did not mean to start a critique of her swing sorry if it has devolved into that...the only reason for posting the comparison pics was...205 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-08-2017, 06:13 PMreally neat to be able to see progression of her swing what I really like is the hand path now and how compact the swing is I just think she might be...205 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-06-2017, 03:47 PMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread Preparing for the “Hello Elbow” vs. IR Discussions in Softball PitchingOr better yet if you know the one giving pitching instruction was a former pitcher and you bring video of them...pitching IR and they did not even...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-06-2017, 02:53 PMYou can only hope it gets better...it is a painful transition time; what will even be more fun is watching a 10 yr old that can bring it, those girls...190 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-06-2017, 12:48 PMI just pasted this from another thread I posted in but this would be my recommendation...you are on the right track though I'm not sure IR is a...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-06-2017, 12:44 PMSounds like she is well on her way then. As mentioned, assuming mechanics are solid she will grow stronger and should be fine regardless of height....12 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- December 1, 1966 (50)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 862 Times in 546 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 03:47 PM
- Join Date
- 04:28 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Rocketech in post Ole Miss vs LSU Softball 2017 SEC Softball ChampionshipI think Rocketech point is at this lev...
- 01:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 12:31 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Ken in post Internal Rotation...a visual of what KenB is talking about lo...
- 11:40 AM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Batter kicks blocked pitch... rule to base it on Comp makes the same case ...
- 10:21 AM - djcarter1966 mentioned BretMan in post Batter kicks blocked pitch...p.s. just sorry saw BretMan posted basically sam...
- 03:44 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Dabears17 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much...t Geno's number?;) Dabears17 Pretty sure Stanford...
- 04:15 PM - Snotbubbles quoted djcarter1966 in post How important is getting innings?I'm sorry I misunderstood I thoug...
- 04:03 PM - djcarter1966 quoted Snotbubbles in post How important is getting innings?This team isn't making it throug...
- 03:23 PM - Snotbubbles quoted djcarter1966 in post How important is getting innings?from the OP "even if HC thinks DD...
- 08:41 PM - WHEREAMI quoted djcarter1966 in post SS and the throw down![QUOTE=djcarter1966;450540]You can't obs...
- 07:15 PM - djcarter1966 quoted WHEREAMI in post SS and the throw down!I see what you are saying, an...
- 06:30 PM - WHEREAMI quoted djcarter1966 in post SS and the throw down!If the throw is off to the 2B sid...
- 06:07 PM - djcarter1966 quoted WHEREAMI in post SS and the throw down!I agree with the right knee d...
- 04:53 PM - djcarter1966 quoted Ken Krause in post Home to first speedUnless you have a team full of ...
- 04:41 PM - Bob516 quoted djcarter1966 in post SS and the throw down!I think some techniques will vary...
- 03:06 PM - djcarter1966 quoted jsoftballcoach in post Help missing on throwing hand sideWhat does the spin look like? Sen...
- 01:38 PM - djcarter1966 quoted bmakj in post too soonDD2 joined a new 10u team....
- 04:04 PM - Ken B quoted djcarter1966 in post Preparing for the “Hello Elbow” vs. IR DiscussionsAlways amazed that many of these ...
- 03:47 PM - djcarter1966 quoted Ken B in post Preparing for the “Hello Elbow” vs. IR DiscussionsThis alone gives you credi...