- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 02:58 PMMore and more we learn sounds like you are in a tough spot and given more interested players and different options as far as level you would make...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:41 AMYou made your bed and now you get to feel what it is like to lie in it. You picked up two girls so the team would not forfeit...Good job After...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-19-2017, 04:18 PMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread New Development - Everything off the hands in Softball Hitting PracticalKinda in line with my first thoughts on casting...the swing looks like it has that feel "out and around"16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-19-2017, 01:08 PMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread for younger plays, which would direction do you like in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsActually I'm with you had the same thing happened to my old glove a few years ago inexpicably lost it...looked for a new glove and ended up with a...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-19-2017, 01:02 PMThis ^^^^^^^^^^ A close friend of mines son was a DI football recruit and had offers from Notre Dame and Standford but chose OU after a few years...73 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-18-2017, 12:56 PMI think RICE makes sense short term first few hours until next day or maybe next depending on how sore it still is. I think for recovery after 24...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-18-2017, 12:49 PMI'm just going with really weird, you need one out leaving the pitcher in is questionable but if he is going with a dance with those that brung you...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-17-2017, 12:13 PMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread Looking for guidance, helping one arm player. in Softball DiscussionsI think the best you could do is watch others via you tube who have done it (there are several out there) then work with her on finding what works...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-17-2017, 11:59 AMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread New Development - Everything off the hands in Softball Hitting Practicali would like to see a live swing looked through some of the other swings via youtube its all off a tee. There are some obvious things but her...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-14-2017, 04:23 PMAs a new poster to the board gotta kinda expect this response when you basically post (reading between the lines) the things I've seen on this board...70 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-14-2017, 02:14 PMthis can be fairly typical...everyone of course is on target. It seems like she is trying to bend over to avoid brush and clear her hips, thigh out...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-13-2017, 03:51 PMIf you are practicing with her say 50 pitches on the bucket...how many times are you off the bucket chasing the ball? Less than 5? Not an exact...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-13-2017, 09:42 AMSounds like two things going on. 1. She is fast and can judge balls in the OF coaches know the higher levels you go up the more important...56 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-12-2017, 03:51 PMAt least it was not the dreaded A beat B and B beats C and C beat A...nobody is every happy with those Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-12-2017, 02:04 PMA couple things... The weight all forward is the big issue here; but obviously its just a symptom of incorrect sequencing. The heel not leaving...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-12-2017, 12:50 PMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread Tryouts? What is the #1 thing coaches look for? in Softball Discussions1. Well the pitchers thing is true...without pitching all hope is lost. But also true a pitcher has never won a game...the best a pitcher can ever...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-11-2017, 10:57 AMI think it was pretty easy to see their logic and it's what I did but I can see all sides. First I think we can all agree D is last so then you...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-11-2017, 10:44 AMdjcarter1966 replied to a thread I need some guidance - HS coach wants to change daughter from pitcher to catcher in Softball DiscussionsJust say no...she has never caught and HS varsity is not the time to "learn". If she is going to pitch 75% plus of the time anyway I can't see why...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-05-2017, 12:16 AMI know you want to be discrete but a lot depends; is this a 16 or 17 old who has parents that don't care and neglect them or an 8 year old being...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-24-2017, 09:49 AMCan it be done sure it's just a matter of time and effort. Not going to be easy though Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-23-2017, 03:11 PMAlso make sure she understands when to and when not to dive. Ball down the line with a one run lead...no In the hole with other outfielders on...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-23-2017, 03:05 PMTee swing looks better would like to see how she reacts via a live pitch to make sure it's not a good tee swing that does not translate to what she...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 03:44 PMShe is not really loading and coiling much or engaging her lower body still kinda handsy. The tell is in those first clip at batting lessons. Look...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 02:46 PMNo way without seeing it in person...sure if it was exactly like you said seems OK but not everyone there probably saw it that way. Not much you...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 02:37 PMIf they cancelled the A tournament and that is why teams want to play B I guess I understand wanting to play versus stay home. But if they had a...9 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- December 1, 1966 (50)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 798 Times in 503 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 11:45 PM
- Join Date
- 04:28 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Rocketech in post Ole Miss vs LSU Softball 2017 SEC Softball ChampionshipI think Rocketech point is at this lev...
- 01:55 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Obstruction in college (or any other rule set for that matter)?...still interested in Comp answer to the questi...
- 12:31 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Ken in post Internal Rotation...a visual of what KenB is talking about lo...
- 11:40 AM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post Batter kicks blocked pitch... rule to base it on Comp makes the same case ...
- 10:21 AM - djcarter1966 mentioned BretMan in post Batter kicks blocked pitch...p.s. just sorry saw BretMan posted basically sam...
- 03:44 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Dabears17 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much...t Geno's number?;) Dabears17 Pretty sure Stanford...
- 09:19 AM - djcarter1966 mentioned JAD in post Possibly a question that's impossible to answer but.......e workouts but as JAD said I would not run...
- 04:18 PM - djcarter1966 quoted ez_softball in post New Development - Everything off the handsIMO she's casting her hands prio...
- 01:08 PM - djcarter1966 quoted CoachJD in post for younger plays, which would direction do you likeI don't really understand th...
- 01:02 PM - djcarter1966 quoted pattar in post Allister Departing Minnesota for StanfordNot that this will likely b...
- 05:50 PM - rdbass quoted djcarter1966 in post thoughts on 10U swing....1_400.gif Yes, what djcarter1966 stated....'put weigh...
- 03:43 PM - Rocketech1 quoted djcarter1966 in post OU Vs UF WCWS ChampionshipBut people are used to seeing it ...
- 03:38 PM - JJblume quoted djcarter1966 in post My dd doesnt use lower halfIn this drill (assuming it's a dr...
- 01:06 PM - djcarter1966 quoted Classof2020 in post Coach White talks replayGlad White said something wish m...