- Older Activity
- 07-17-2018, 11:46 PMI would put her in LF. I sure wouldn't put her at first. If she pulls the "I don't know how to play LF" thing, tell her very nicely that you...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-16-2018, 09:56 PMThere weren't separate JV and varsity teams for the summer season. There was one team with one coach. When he pulled the "favored" players aside at...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-14-2018, 07:10 PMTatonka, what really annoys me about the whole thing is that he is a really good at teaching the game. His recruits have made a ton of progress,...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-13-2018, 06:45 PMDD possibly player her last game yesterday after a six year run thanks to a bad coach. She was a freshman last year and played on the JV team last...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-11-2018, 09:41 PMIt sure sounds like you are doing everything right. Make it as fun as you can and keep focusing on the positives.41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 11:12 PMI was going to say something similar. As a coach, I'd much rather have the player talk to me than the parent. Use this as an opportunity to figure...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 11:07 PMThat's what it's all about. When DD played 14U, there was a team in our league that was pretty much a bunch of girls who either never played or only...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 11:01 PMWe had an issue with two travel teams playing in a rec league for a couple of years. They wanted to enter the Babe Ruth national tourney, and you...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 10:48 PMThere's nothing you didn't do. They are kids, that's what they do.41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-10-2018, 10:44 PMI heard a great quote that the best measure of a youth coach is that their players want to play again the next season. I coached my son's baseball...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-07-2018, 08:34 PMIf I understand the OP correctly, they are playing with a rule that doesn't allow advancing more than one base on a steal. So if the throw did not go...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-06-2018, 09:33 PMdbronstein replied to a thread Lessons learned from my injury time ridin' the pine in Softball DiscussionsVery nice!29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-04-2018, 09:47 PMI agree. I think practice is for coaching and games are for playing. Obviously you want to help position players in the field and such, but when...41 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 195 Times in 110 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:27 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 11:12 PM - dbronstein quoted murphdog in post Dad uses kid as a messengerThat being said, I’d be...
- 11:07 PM - dbronstein quoted 55dad in post Turning Negatives Into PositivesYup! I am having a blast ...
- 10:55 PM - 55dad quoted dbronstein in post Turning Negatives Into PositivesThere's nothing you didn't do. ...
- 10:48 PM - dbronstein quoted gdc03120 in post Turning Negatives Into PositivesJust hard sometimes when I se...
- 10:44 PM - dbronstein quoted marriard in post Turning Negatives Into Positives80% of that team came back an...
- 11:49 AM - GunnerShotgun quoted dbronstein in post Turning Negatives Into PositivesI can't stand the extended post...
- 12:31 AM - dbronstein quoted Fastpitch_Dad in post My rec league player is on our opponents tournament team...The issue of TB players on REC Tea...
- 03:46 PM - Cannonball quoted dbronstein in post Injuries in HS or otherwise:The root of the problem is the ...
- 03:04 PM - dbronstein quoted obbay in post A different HS storyWe believe that when you g...
- 02:46 PM - dbronstein quoted Cannonball in post Injuries in HS or otherwise:What troubles me is that the on...
- 08:49 PM - dbronstein quoted quincy in post Are the base running strategy in HS ball different then 14U and younger?1st and 3rd opposing team n...