- Older Activity
- Today, 07:23 AMI took my ordest DD to Bill many years ago. I was catching, so he could demonstrate. Now he didn't try to cook me, but I'm telling you that his...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:15 PMDS plays Ice hockey and that is WAY worse. So lots of tactics for reducing/eliminating the smell. The best 100% method is to take smelly equipment...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 03:13 PMcoach james replied to a thread Looking for a little more speed... who isn't I guess. :) in Softball PitchingBill touched on the overlapping aspect of the body coming forward as the ball is loading back.... I agree 100%, but to add on to this, there are a...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:46 PMParty foul.... every one knows the rise balls are "jumpy" just ask Michelle Smith :rolleyes:41 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:18 AMShaun is right.... Glove swim is closing her shoulders ahead of her hips! (train to keep the glove on the power line) This causes a couple issues....6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2019, 01:50 PMmarriard replied to a thread Just dropped DD off on her official overnight visit at her #1 choice in Playing College SoftballYes...well somewhere around a couple of hours west of you.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2019, 01:34 PMmarriard started a thread Just dropped DD off on her official overnight visit at her #1 choice in Playing College SoftballDD was very excited! I am going to sit here in a hotel room and do work and watch basketball until late tomorrow when I pick her up :-)5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2019, 01:31 PMMurphdog's DD was awesome - filling up the stat sheet in every category. She is going to have a great 4 years!!!! Always awesome to meet fellow...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2019, 08:19 AMhttps://youtu.be/ghEs1l4NltA As a coach when I see this body language, I have to assume she's not "all in"... I can only go off of first...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:16 PMAgreed.... She's pitching with natural I/R.... she just has a forced (fist on chin) finish.... most likely to appease her coach24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:13 PMLike Ken said, its just a guess without video, however I'm betting it's happening for 1 of 2 reasons.... a late release making the ball come off the...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:08 PMNot necessarily... the elbow "popping out" is just a result of the pronating forearm... don't force this, just allow it to happen naturally.56 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 12:05 PMSoooo much better!! Now ramp up the intensity slowly, with an attentive eye on maintaining this brush and roll56 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 11:25 AMI always reply, "OK then, show me any game video or full speed video of her throwing the way you think she does." It doesn't exist. The moment she...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2019, 11:20 AMIt is pretty simple - if you catch the ball like it is a strike, there is a better chance on the edge calls you will get a strike called. You can...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 01:21 PMmarriard replied to a thread Still Photography - Gear, Settings, Tips & Tricks in Being a Softball ParentThe secret with good cameras and lenses is understanding how the autofocus systems work best for action shots. I'm a Nikon guy so can't help you on...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 12:07 PMOh in this case it is totally an ego thing. HS Coach has known almost all the players on the HS team since they were 8 or 9 years old. There is also...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 09:12 AMAll three pitchers on DD's HS team go to the same very successful pitching coach who doesn't call it IR, but teaches the same principles (or we...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 02:28 PMMy DD's rec league doesn't play with a catcher in 6u and there is a rule for safety about no plays being made on the runner between 3rd and home. ...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 01:58 PMThe majority of college coaches are surprisingly really, really slow to change their recruiting habits or how they think or coach, so I wouldn't hold...118 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 11:14 AMFirst off, I'd try to pick up at least 2 more girls quickly. Secondly, an eye roll or scoff at me as their coach is tolerated for about .02 seconds....16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 09:29 AMLots of good here. Some things: - She doesn't get very open. Her shoulders are almost square to the catcher through the whole motion. Her...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2019, 07:38 AMI tried Java's drill on the queen... seems to work well in conjunction...124 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 10:28 PMWhat’s the deal with the Titanium 3 piece? Have hard much about this bat31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 02:06 PMA perfect example of why you NEVER talk about your zone. Now even if you want to call above the belt you can't... or if you do coaches are going to...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:51 PMYou might not have an issue - but as an umpire I have a real issue here. You don't discuss your zone ever - especially not pre-game. You have now...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:43 PMA lot... first ball skill we do after warmups is getting their arms loose and throwing. Also pretty much all our drills in the field will have a...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:38 PMThe call is correct. However most good umpires will quietly say something to the catcher before calling it on a previous pitch if they are see it...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2019, 01:23 PMNormally I would agree with all this. And yes, you make adjustments however you can. Life isn't fair.. control your own destiny, no excuses, no...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2019, 03:29 PMTake the ball and glove away from her. Work on just driving out with emphasis on her right leg. I'll typically do this with most kids as part of her...124 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 637 Times in 299 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 08:45 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 4 of 4
- 04:44 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Dabears17 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much...t Geno's number?;) Dabears17 Pretty sure Stanford...
- 12:45 PM - shaunw09 quoted Dabears17 in post 2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ishInteresting. My DD's team isn...
- 11:54 AM - Dabears17 quoted shaunw09 in post 2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ishNOT USSSA SANCTIONED. Lance ...
- 12:25 AM - CityBoy quoted Dabears17 in post 2020 Ghost...Due out June 10'ishNorthern California USSSA is a...
- 03:50 PM - wave_twister quoted Dabears17 in post Coming Back From Injury - Unconditioned Pitching ArmTwo videos with exercises for ...
- 05:43 PM - Dabears17 quoted JohnnyO in post Rick and Sarah Pauly Pitching Clinic Fairmont MN Jan 11-12, 2019Doug Romrell will also be he...