- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 02:10 PMI agree that being waaaaay too tentative at the plate is what sunk them. Ive only watched the 1st game so far but, Groenewegen pitched great....74 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 11:17 PMI clearly see a second push, happening when her stride foot is only a foot or so above the ground, just before it plants. Straight leapers tend to...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 09:27 PM"Ok - let's end this session with 10 pitches. Throw whatever you want, but dont tell me whats coming." disclaimer: if your dd throws in the 60s,...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2017, 04:19 PMcorlay replied to a thread Controversy in Georgia baseball game over bases-loaded walk in Softball Rules Questionsyeah, I'm guessing that as long as HP was touched by 3B Runner *before* 2B Runner vacated the field, the run counts.35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2017, 11:14 AMHa! true. I think that if you have a pitcher that mainly features the riseball, you enjoy greater K's, at the expense of greater BB's, and an...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2017, 10:41 AMInstructing high-level mechanics (pitching or hitting) is a tenuous thing. At least initially, you are coaching a little bit of the athlete out of...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 10:04 PMvery cool!7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 09:46 AMnot true at all. Good riseball pitchers like K.Barnhill (FLA), A.Orsorio (ALA), C.Wilkinson (GA '16) can locate their riseball at all levels,...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 08:41 AMflabbergasting...74 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 02:24 PMIf anything, FLA gets screwed, with MINN ending up in their super. I hope MINN takes Walton & Co. out. (Assuming they get by ALA)30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 10:23 AMI know for sure that JMU has hosted a Regional before (3 years ago). Stadium was adequate, and tv converge was good. Not sure about MINN...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 10:14 AMreally? that's crap.74 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 10:05 AMLSU lost to PennSt. & Tulsa KY lost to Pitt twice. what's your point? The only dig against JMU in comparison to some of these other teams is...74 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 08:00 AMJames Madison, and to an even greater extent, Minnesota really got snubbed by the tournament selection committee. The SEC is good and all, but...74 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2017, 01:23 PMwatching TX A&M vs TENN from last Sunday, A&M staff (presumably) are quite audible off-camera, screaming at the Ump that the pitcher (M.Moss) is...60 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2017, 11:10 AM2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 10:37 AMthe crap move I've seen a lot of host teams do in this situation (odd number of teams), is to play the extra game, and then pick which of the 4...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 08:15 AMyes, I agree with that ruling. its common for a host team to playan extra game to complete seeding. even though the game didnt count toward your...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 07:58 AM2 things: 1. all of Kasey Coopers walks were not intentional Alexis Orsorio has a history of difficulty finding the strike zone. Even her coach...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-07-2017, 12:26 PMheres another scenario to ponder: away team winning 8-0 after 4. weather begins to move in. an official game is 5 completed innings. do you...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-06-2017, 12:23 AM"strong front side resistance" - I dont think so. Look at her in Knight's still frames. Hinged at the waist at release. That's leaking energy in my...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-05-2017, 02:56 PMI'm saying she really doesn't have much "arm whip mechanics" at all. So, to hit 70MPH, I'm speculating that the force to propel the ball with such...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-05-2017, 11:50 AMShe is getting IR with her humerus (upper arm). I do not see her pushing the ball down the backside of the circle, she is pulling. What she is...595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 03:21 PMyes - it counts.595 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 11:47 AMthis is an interesting thought. are you saying that the swing/miss under riseballs can be attributed to 2 things? 1. Ball drops less than other...179 replies | 12140 view(s)
- 05-03-2017, 10:17 AMcorlay replied to a thread TB Rankings and Levels- Can I get some help for a friend. in Softball Discussionswe are new to the "showcase" landscape (16U), but my experiences so far differ from this. As a reasonably talented, but newer organization,...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-02-2017, 05:09 PMcorlay replied to a thread Crowhopping, Barnhill, and Confessions of an Umpire in Softball PitchingI'd really love to see a side-by-side video comparison, to really prove this point.85 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2017, 05:14 PMcorlay replied to a thread Oregon State called for three Illegal Pitches so far. in Softball PitchingI seems that you really have a special axe to grind with Barnhill... I do find it interesting that she gets all your attention. Silkwood is a more...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2017, 04:18 PMshe's gotta be the most animated/fun to watch p5 pitcher going. so much spunk and energy. I just really love watching games when she is in the...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-29-2017, 10:55 AMif a player fails to handle a fairly easy pop fly, but is somewhat unskilled (compared to her peers) do you still score it as an error? example:...16 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 741 Times in 388 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:18 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 04:48 PM - Il softball fan quoted corlay in post Hitting the riseball... The good ones like corlay says, can throw them...
- 11:14 AM - corlay quoted Chris Delorit in post Hitting the riseballYour spot on. To your list of resu...
- 10:41 AM - corlay quoted obbay in post More news from the "Life isnt fair" Dept.so apparently luck is more...
- 02:24 PM - corlay quoted Rambler34 in post NCAA seedingThey do get screwed if they he...
- 10:23 AM - corlay quoted CoogansBluff in post NCAA seedingDon't know what it's like at Minn...
- 10:14 AM - corlay quoted riseball in post Regional snubsThere is more to the selectio...
- 10:05 AM - corlay quoted CoogansBluff in post Regional snubsDidn't they lose to Hofstra and M...
- 03:14 PM - knightsb quoted corlay in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadInteresting last frame on B...
- 03:07 PM - riseball quoted corlay in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadThere are plenty of people ...
- 02:56 PM - corlay quoted Rocketech1 in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadI would like to hear your theor...
- 11:50 AM - corlay quoted riseball in post The Kelly Barnhill ThreadWhat is this if not HE? Sh...