- Older Activity
- 06-09-2018, 02:27 AMBased on the rule posted, I'm not sure this was the right call. The ball hit her, yes, but a ball simply hitting a retired runner does not...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2018, 10:33 PMThe correct response to that is "Why would I only celebrate the first time?"30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2018, 10:31 PMCoachJD replied to a thread how to score this one: sac fly and baserunning error? in Softball Rules QuestionsThere's no such thing as a "base running error" when scoring (you may make special notations for your own team, of course). The TOOTBLAN should be an...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2018, 10:29 PMIt's not a caught stealing because there was no steal attempt since the second she was off the base (or, technically, when the umpire sees it) she's...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-04-2018, 12:31 AMCoachJD replied to a thread None of them stride, but maybe they should... in Softball Hitting PracticalI'm only trying to do the former because the latter isn't reaching them. I'd prefer to not change what they want to do, though their reasons for not...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-03-2018, 08:02 PMCoachJD started a thread None of them stride, but maybe they should... in Softball Hitting PracticalOK, a few caveats to start: First, I have no issue with a no-stride swing. I am not suggesting a stride is necessary for all swings. I do believe...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-02-2018, 11:29 PMIt was a tough call, yes, but it was a 100% obviously wrong call, so yeah, it was blown. There is no argument whatsoever at the runner touched home...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 11:47 PMMy issue wasn't with him calling the out on the force/thinking she had the ball. It was with him gaslighting everybody on both teams by saying the...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 11:39 PMCoachJD replied to a thread Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying in College Softball News and DiscussionsIt's 2018. If you say "cybermetrics" you should get a lifetime ban from announcing baseball/softball games. It's sabermetrics. It's been around for a...37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 09:21 PMI wasn't clear enough in my response when I said "making a call up." I do understand umpires have to call something. The example in my head when I...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 07:57 PMAfter not knowing basic rules (I've posted before and won't rehash), this is my #1 gripe. I see umpires just guessing/making things up ALL THE TIME....15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-01-2018, 05:17 PMI haven't updated this for a couple months, but today was high school graduation, so I figured now was a good time. She never missed a single team...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-28-2018, 08:52 PMYou're rarely gonna see an error awarded when two fielders just look at the ball, at each other, and then the ball drops without either making an...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-26-2018, 08:51 PMI wonder what this means, exactly. I don't want an OF bouncing from foot to foot because it seems likely (I guess 50/50 chance) that she's gonna be...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-26-2018, 08:42 PMThis was ruled a homer: https://www.mlb.com/video/freemans-two-run-homer/c-257749539 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-25-2018, 12:58 AMInteresting! I don't think that makes a huge difference for the question here (having 10-year-olds or not doesn't change much in this case,...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-24-2018, 11:01 PMThis is a thing that's going to bother me a lot, but "U10" should mean "Under 10," which should be (is?) different than "10U," which is "10 and...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-24-2018, 10:53 PMI'm glad you brought this up! Reading through the thread, I kept thinking "she didn't 'miss' the base if she stopped short." But I suppose if she got...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2018, 04:04 PMCoachJD replied to a thread D3 coach contacted one of my players/what to do in Playing College SoftballThat part is interesting. How did schools even find him? I don't think my player is at all interested in this particular school. I think this will...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2018, 12:41 PMI have a theory that has thus far been proven 100% accurate. Any time you're at a sporting event and can clearly overhear someone dropping all...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-21-2018, 08:46 PMCoachJD replied to a thread D3 coach contacted one of my players/what to do in Playing College SoftballShe does have interest in playing in college. She may not have interest in two years (she's finishing up her sophomore year now), but for now she'd...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-21-2018, 08:10 PMCoachJD started a thread D3 coach contacted one of my players/what to do in Playing College SoftballOut of the blue, one of my players was contacted by an assistant coach at a nearby D3. The coach asked for a copy of her tournament schedule so they...12 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 442 Times in 219 Posts
- Last Activity
- 06-10-2018 05:28 PM
- Join Date
I'm a fan
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 11:50 PM - marriard quoted CoachJD in post Home town BlueAnyway, that particular umpi...
- 11:47 PM - CoachJD quoted marriard in post Home town BlueSo this is a 'depends' becaus...
- 09:58 PM - marriard quoted CoachJD in post Home town BlueI wasn't clear enough in my ...
- 09:06 PM - marriard quoted CoachJD in post Home town BlueAfter not knowing basic rule...
- 07:57 PM - CoachJD quoted marriard in post Home town Bluerule #1 of umpiring is you DO...
- 08:01 AM - Deleted Posts
- 11:43 PM - VillageBC quoted CoachJD in post U10 Coach, always with more questions. =)This is a thing that's going...
- 11:01 PM - CoachJD quoted kjs23 in post U10 Coach, always with more questions. =)Actually it is U10 in Cana...
- 10:53 PM - CoachJD quoted Ajaywill in post I have an umpiring mechanics questionThe proper mechanic if the ru...
- 03:29 PM - trivan quoted CoachJD in post Are the base running strategy in HS ball different then 14U and younger?First, do NOT go to the AD a...
- 03:22 PM - CoachJD quoted obbay in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductIncident 1- if it happened...