- Older Activity
- Today, 05:43 PMJust FYI: there was an SEC Head Coach at our HS game today. Allegedly watching our 9th grade SS.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:08 AMCMMom1740 replied to a thread Is it a money grab? Academic achievement games? in Softball DiscussionsThanks for the info re: ACT/SAT. Sounds like freshmen should hold off on these events for the time being, as they usually don't have those scores...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-14-2018, 10:27 AMDefinitely cancel the others. Just let them know you've accepted another offer. You'll free up the space for someone else. They expect this to...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-12-2018, 07:54 PMAll I know is that some of the parents on our team (mostly the Dads, not stereotyping, just true) got annoyed with the number of texts coming through...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-09-2018, 02:52 PMMy DD batting at 8U (prepare for a laugh; I hope you can view this ancient video): My DD batting at 14U: It will come. Patience,...46 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-09-2018, 09:38 AMWe were trying to work it out to meet, but between his work schedule, his DD's school ball, my DD's school ball, and other tryouts, we had not been...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-08-2018, 08:18 PMOP here. We had an offer we were sitting on and yes, I know how some of you feel about sitting on offers. But DD had a private tryout with one of...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-07-2018, 02:14 PMEspecially something like track or cross country. Not super likely to get injured (less so than basketball at least) and they'll get faster. ...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-06-2018, 02:30 PMCMMom1740 replied to a thread Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week” in Softball DiscussionsI know it holds up the works, and pitchers really do hold a lot of power. All I know is that we had one team completely implode because 2 of 3...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-06-2018, 12:20 PMCMMom1740 replied to a thread Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week” in Softball DiscussionsBut that's easier said than done when tryouts (especially the big organizational ones) are spread out over a three-week period. And I agree that the...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-06-2018, 09:17 AMPrivate tryouts are the best! Snap up the opportunity. I think that just about every time DD has had a private, we've gotten an offer because they...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-01-2018, 07:56 PMNope, I'll skip it. There are way too many other options that don't charge for tryouts.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-01-2018, 04:40 PMAgreed. I hate the tryouts when there are 50 girls there and only one girls bats at a time while the other 49 stand around "shagging" balls. It's...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-01-2018, 01:04 PMNo, I know. I was saying that cutting players by email shouldn't even be done at the professional level, much less with girls in high school or...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-01-2018, 10:24 AMThat is so harsh. I don't think they should do that by email with professional players, much less young girls. It's not like there's 50 people on...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-31-2018, 05:47 PMWe had a coach do that 2 years ago. He called the same night as the tryout and wanted an immediate answer. My husband and kids were at the Braves...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-31-2018, 05:43 PMYes, and if I was a parent of one of those girls who was really there to try out for that team, I would be very irritated to have girls there who...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-31-2018, 01:41 PMI saw something like week I haven't seen before. An org was advertising its upcoming big Org tryout and it listed each team and coach. By one of...68 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-31-2018, 12:53 PMMany do four hours here. Sometimes that will include extra time for pitchers and catchers and they'll let the others go early.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-30-2018, 09:03 AMI agree that you teach your DD to lead by example. Maybe remind her of their old friendship, as well as of times when she first joined a team (or...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-28-2018, 03:14 PMOK, went to an open workout for a good team today. We were excited to see only 6 girls trying out! :D . Yippee, those are pretty good odds! ...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-27-2018, 11:43 AMRule #1 of tryouts: Don't believe anything a coach says to you until you have an official offer in hand. NOTHING. We've had one of DD's previous...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-25-2018, 04:59 PMYou are kinder than most in giving everyone an answer one way or another. That kind of communication in and of itself draws me to a coach. There's...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-25-2018, 01:07 PMWhy not try out for some other 12U teams, assuming there are some? You always have the option to move up. Does your DD play a secondary position...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-24-2018, 03:50 PMI'm so envious of you! DD has an offer in hand and has been cold-called by a couple others (one coach we know from rec days and one from an org she...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-24-2018, 02:29 PM16U, believe it or not!4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-24-2018, 02:14 PMJust read an ad that said "This is an established team. All positions are open." I mean, what? I've so had it with this BS process.90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-24-2018, 01:45 PMAnd can I just add how ANNOYING it is to go to a tryout thinking that's going to be it to hear "We hope you guys can come to our next workout and the...90 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-24-2018, 09:20 AMI think that working can be character-building and it certainly teaches skills, but it should not be done at the expense of grades. For my kids,...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-23-2018, 12:27 PMFunny/scary story. I took DD to a tryout last week for a very high level team here in GA. There was this one mom (very visible in a hot pink...4 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Atlanta, GA
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 372 Times in 211 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 11:00 PM
- Join Date
Checking out the clubhouse
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 03:18 PM - FP26 quoted CMMom1740 in post Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week”I know it holds up the works, ...
- 02:30 PM - CMMom1740 quoted FP26 in post Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week”I completely understand t...
- 02:10 PM - FP26 quoted CMMom1740 in post Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week”But that's easier said than do...
- 12:20 PM - CMMom1740 quoted fuzzy2651 in post Please help with proper etiquette for “tryout week”I'm fine with the 24-48 hours....
- 04:40 PM - CMMom1740 quoted Softball scholar in post How long is too long for a tryout?A tryout that is long to the point of...
- 01:04 PM - CMMom1740 quoted Softball scholar in post Is this any of the coach's business?I did mean Bill Conroy's Beverly Ban...
- 10:42 AM - Softball scholar quoted CMMom1740 in post Is this any of the coach's business?That is so harsh. I don't thi...
- 10:24 AM - CMMom1740 quoted Softball scholar in post Is this any of the coach's business?On a similar note: Ive heard Bill C...
- 06:45 PM - softgabby quoted CMMom1740 in post In need of some adviceI think that working can be ch...
- 03:50 PM - CMMom1740 quoted Hube111 in post How are Try Outs going?We knew this was a year DD w...
- 03:23 PM - grcsftbll quoted CMMom1740 in post Tryout Season (aka Silly Season)Just read an ad that said "Thi...