- Older Activity
- Today, 10:28 AMHave to see it, but from the description it doesn't sound like she was just standing under it and missed it. If she if running towards the fence to...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 11:25 AMIf you want opinions this is the place to get them:)11 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 11:23 AMUnless coach has some signal to give them the base she has to throw it. I can't imagine thinking it being a good idea to give up 2nd in a tie game...41 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2018, 02:47 PMIt's a double.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2018, 02:36 PMIt can seem like a negative in that it's generally used for players/teams that lack pure natural ability. With that said it's always meant as a...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2018, 11:55 AMIn general there aren't rules, but there are issues that can arise if either team is thinking Nationals. You can still get around it with guest...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-21-2018, 05:37 PMcanyonjoe replied to a thread Help me understand the criteria to rule an error versus a hit. in Softball Rules QuestionsThink about what happens at the time the ball arrives. Should the player make the play with reasonable effort. Ignore all the stuff that happened...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 12:47 PMAssuming we don't have too many players we generally bat the whole lineup each game in pool and keep the same order. We move players around and try...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 12:54 PMOne other thing I would add. When I played little league (back during the dead ball era) we used to have kids coach the bases. I don't know when...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 12:50 PMI helped coach an 18U team last year and I would say that half the kids didn't know how to tag up. To be fair some had come from rec leagues, but...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 05:05 PMcanyonjoe replied to a thread Throw down chest high or bounced on 1st base side of second in Softball CatchingWhichever is faster assuming my SS is a good one.28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 02:36 PMIt just takes a lot of practice. I encourage OF's to go for the ball but once you realize you can't catch than you want to try and find a full hop...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2018, 01:36 PMThe one that drops between 3 fielder has to be a hit. There is no team error. There is no rule that it has to touch a glove to be an error so...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-14-2018, 12:36 PMYou never have to move if you have back to back games. At most of our tourneys the team listed first on schedule or the higher seed in bracket play...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-14-2018, 01:17 AMcanyonjoe replied to a thread Scoring question - bunt with runner at third in Softball Rules QuestionsIf runner doesn't go on the bunt I wouldn't give a Sac, but either way is definitely an RBI. If you hit a grounder to short and she looked runner...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-11-2018, 11:52 AMYour ultimate goal in the situation is to keep her from scoring. The easiest way for her to score at 10U is for your team to start throwing the ball...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2018, 03:53 PMThe reason you can give her an error is that she bobbled the ball. From the sounds of the OP it sounds like a backhand up the middle for F4 so not...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2018, 01:59 PMYou can give an error if you think there should have been an out at 2B, but it sounds like it was a tough play. Without seeing it I would give a H....8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2018, 01:54 PMWe had our share of bad parents but the worst I saw was this very good team who seldom lost. When they did they would just talk down the kids after...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2018, 03:53 PMWe have played at Big League dreams and they use them. Also the local turf park here has mats.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 06:31 PMAlso teach runners if ball is clearly foul to get back the base in case you want to tag. It's amazing how often a base will be left open11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 11:56 AMWe had one once at 10U PU said 2 minutes left at bottom of inning and we got the other team out on 3 pitches so had to play another inning (we still...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 11:13 AMAs others have said it's either a double or an E. I would side with double without seeing as it's not ordinary to catch a shot to 3rd in most cases....10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-03-2018, 01:30 PMDo what you would want the other team to do to you because I assure you it will happen to you at some point.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-02-2018, 11:26 AMOne other piece of advice assuming your DD wants to play 3rd. Work on the mechanics of fielding the bunt and throwing to first. Being about to...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-02-2018, 11:23 AMI am amazed at how often I hear people think it's not a HBP because it bounces. I wonder where they grew up playing or if they live in some...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-02-2018, 11:18 AMThere are several threads on this already about the ethics of slashing versus the coaches who want the 3B to be 5 feet from the batter when they bunt...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2018, 04:16 PMIt's a rule that should be changed in HS and college at least. You can say the catch should know and that is totally true, but so should the batter....17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2018, 11:52 AMI remember a few years ago we had a friend playing the Triple Crown. It was the 2 best teams in the tournament playing in the quarters and was 0-0...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-01-2018, 11:34 AMI use the term get back distance. It may be 1 step on an short popup to right (runner on 1b) or it might be around second base on a deep shot to...11 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 971 Times in 569 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 02:48 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 04:22 PM - Eric F quoted canyonjoe in post Another scoring question...The reason you can give her an...
- 03:53 PM - canyonjoe quoted Eric F in post Another scoring question...I'm not so sure about that....
- 03:00 PM - Eric F quoted canyonjoe in post Another scoring question...You can give an error if you t...
- 03:54 PM - canyonjoe quoted Cannonball in post Don't swing at a change-up with less than 2 strikes?What I have never understood is...
- 02:43 PM - Spindaddy quoted canyonjoe in post What's your philosophy for choosing tournaments (12U)?I have always been a big fan o...