- Older Activity
- Today, 05:02 PMMy DD has pitched in cold weather (including some snow showers or sleet) a number of times. Two words: Hand Warmers. Around the Upper...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 11:08 AMI should add, DD 3 had a HUGE third strike against her. There were 4 pitchers trying out for 3 pitching positions on Varsity. One of the other 3...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:40 AMFamily ties and the relationship the HC has with TB teams seem to be by far the biggest factors. After reading your post, I checked with every girl...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 09:41 PMI don't think my DD 3 would want to pitch every day in Varsity either, nor is there much chance of that happening. I can't read the mind of the...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 03:11 PMIt is a woman. Sometimes she can evaluate talent, sometimes not. I don't think they've had a winning season for the past few years. Last year...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 02:38 PMYou WOULD think the coach would want the best players on her team. In practice, this is NOT the case. If you don't think politics and playing...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 11:34 AMLast year my DD 3 was a freshman on the HS JV team. About half the games she pitched were run-rule wins. (11-1, 22-0 25-1, etc.) The other half...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 11:25 AMGood point. The problem seems to be the reactions of certain people, especially adults who should theoretically know better. If it had ever...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 10:25 AMOstracism is why I am against prayer circles. I grew up in the Bible Belt, so I know all about that. The thing is, this is all supposedly...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2018, 09:02 AMExactly. Most places in the US are predominately Protestant. I remember when a Protestant friend of mine from Arkansas married a Roman Catholic...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2018, 10:29 PMUnless this is a Church team, I agree with this. It is completely wrong to coerce a kid to do something against her religious beliefs, just coach it...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2018, 08:00 PMI've never seen it in the Midwest. Having grown up in the Bible Belt, it doesn't surprise me at all. This was a hot topic here a few years ago. ...44 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-18-2018, 06:47 PMThanks. She's studying right now with a friend who DID make varsity. Hearing about all the plans Varsity has for the Florida trip, including some...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 07:36 PMThis seems to be the case for a LOT of big cities, even in the nice neighborhoods. We all know how good the suburban teams can be, not just the...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 07:27 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread How do I stop winning the amazon gift cards in Softball DiscussionsI think a Nigerian prince is giving all this stuff away.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 07:19 PMYeah, I had an interesting conversation with my mother. She said "your generation of parents has a bad reputation", meaning helicopter parents. I...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 05:42 PMI found out something today that made me realize how incredibly stupid it has been for me to stress out over this stuff. My younger brother is...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 05:14 PMI try so hard never to be THAT PARENT, and I sometimes fail. What about the parents who don't even try? Preserved for all eternity! The longer...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2018, 02:10 PMThis works when the coach communicates well with the players and keeps their goals in mind as well as the team goals. It works when the coach is...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 08:46 PMAnd great post for you, too, Andy. Alas, my DD doesn't get to be coached by Cannonball or some of the other great coaches on this forum. ...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 08:28 PMGood points Cannonball. There were a LOT of things in the decision. We felt that the hazards to her arm were not worth the benefits of playing...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 06:56 PMYes. We had to beat them twice in a row, since they had won the winners bracket.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 04:14 PMThe first tournament DD 3 ever played in, she warmed up right next to the other team. I had her warm up there. Didn't think anything of it. The HC...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 04:08 PMExactly. Every situation is different, every girl is different. One thing -- my DD 3 is at an age where her interests swing all over the place....58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 03:58 PMThey not only pitch in the games, but they spend some time practicing pitching every day during the season. This is after a winter when they haven't...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 03:54 PMWe thought about this a lot. There is a huge difference between a pitcher or, say, an outfielder quitting. That particular HS tends to get...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 10:57 AMI appreciate all the comments I have gotten. I also appreciate some of the emails and texts I have gotten from parents of girls on the softball...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2018, 10:53 AMThat is easier said than done. In fact, we live on the edge of town, and there is a HS in the suburbs which is actually closer to us than our HS. ...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 05:22 PMI already got an email from the coach inviting DD 3 to try out for varsity next year, saying skipping this year won't be held against her. Whether...58 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2018, 04:34 PMI didn't say it. DD 3 does believe she is the best pitcher in that HS. I have seen all of the pitchers pitch, and she may or may not be correct. ...58 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Madison, WI, working in SF Cali
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,284 Times in 738 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 07:16 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 10:28 PM - YOCOACH quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamI don't think my DD 3 would want ...
- 09:41 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rocketech1 in post Just quit HS teamSo why do you think she has it ...
- 03:11 PM - BobInMadison quoted pattar in post Just quit HS teamMaybe the guy just isn't a ...
- 02:41 PM - pattar quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamYou WOULD think the coach would w...
- 02:38 PM - BobInMadison quoted Rocketech1 in post Just quit HS teamOver the years I have heard a l...
- 01:27 PM - Rocketech1 quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamFact of the matter is, the HC dec...
- 11:25 AM - BobInMadison quoted BT3100 in post Prayer circlesA happy, great and truly re...
- 09:02 AM - BobInMadison quoted Phandle in post Prayer circlesHow about we play in the bal...
- 09:44 PM - justanotherguy quoted BobInMadison in post GoPro EtiquetteI try so hard never to be THAT PA...
- 09:28 PM - Chris Delorit quoted BobInMadison in post How do I stop winning the amazon gift cardsI think a Nigerian prince is givi...
- 07:36 PM - BobInMadison quoted CoachJD in post The importance of a competent catcherHigh School. Softball in Chi...
- 07:19 PM - BobInMadison quoted FP26 in post Just quit HS teamMy condolences to the fam...
- 06:12 PM - FP26 quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamI found out something today that ...
- 05:14 PM - BobInMadison quoted justanotherguy in post GoPro EtiquetteI find when you're not "manning" th...
- 02:10 PM - BobInMadison quoted djcarter1966 in post Just quit HS teamIdeally you are trying out for th...
- 11:30 AM - Chaz McNulty quoted BobInMadison in post Just quit HS teamGood points Cannonball. There ...