- Older Activity
- 05-22-2018, 06:46 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread A college coach with his daughter on the team??? in Softball DiscussionsC'mon, share a LITTLE of the glory, just like there was a fellow from Madison on the gold medal curling team. I mean, you guys got Brett Farve...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2018, 03:03 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread A college coach with his daughter on the team??? in Softball DiscussionsThere is a family of hockey players in Madison, I forget their name. First generation was hired as men's hockey head coach for U Wisconsin. ...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-21-2018, 06:11 PMA friend of mine had the same problem a while back with a JV team. He finally noticed there were some girls who were sort of the social leaders....15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-20-2018, 05:06 PMI remember one time, when my flight was delayed about 5 hours, I ran across a group of young ladies who had been cheerleaders. They hadn't all known...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-20-2018, 02:21 PMYes, catchers are a bit injury prone, much more so than even pitchers. I can't think of a catcher I know who has never gotten injured. In fact, the...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 04:35 PMWell, most of the girls who have a great, or even a pretty good, experience you don't hear about. People are more likely to complain about a bad...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 03:32 PMThis is the sort of HS story I love to see. There are many HS teams where girls who have played with and against each other since elementary...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 01:51 PMI am moderately strict about piercings, and no tattoos at all. On DD 2's 18th birthday she got some more ear piercings she hadn't been allowed to...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2018, 09:53 AMI loved Pete Rose as a player. With Rose there was the good, the bad, and now you brought up the ugly.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 05:40 PMTo a hammer, everything looks like a nail. There are so many different possible HS experiences. For some girls it is fantastic. For some...77 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 04:29 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conduct in Softball DiscussionsTo show how incredibly ancient I am: I went to a few Phillies games at Veterans' Stadium while in college. Saw Game 2 of the 1980 WS. Pete...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 03:44 PMIt was so long ago when I was in PA. I went to college at Swarthmore, outside of Philly. Which meant that we could still get good Philly style...101 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2018, 02:51 PMThat's great, as long as you don't bother the girls who DON'T come over and pray with you. The only complaints I've seen about prayer circles were...101 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 08:40 PMMaybe you just know how to cook them the right way.101 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 06:24 PMThat is exactly the criticism I have been seeing about prayer circles. They are supposed to be voluntary, but people get angry when girls decline to...101 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 09:28 AMPeople can get offended by anything. My DD 3 and a friend did once join the other team in some dancing during a break for a rain delay, but they...101 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2018, 08:55 AMWhat struck me about this was that his DD's grades were suffering by trying to do both. That is not acceptable if she is trying to get into a good...77 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-14-2018, 12:06 PMI agree that coaching makes a huge difference. At my kids' HS, the cross country team is always HUGE, because the coaches are great and make sure...46 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-13-2018, 05:49 PMSome good stuff here. I remember my hobbies changed quite a bit when I was in high school. When I first entered HS, I was a talented piano...46 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-12-2018, 06:16 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread Are you sure you still want to pitch.... I hope you're not doing it for your father.. in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumI've always said, the only reason to pitch is if the girl enjoys it, and the only reason to stop is if the girl no longer enjoys it. I remember...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-11-2018, 02:46 PMGRB coming in on the NE part of town made a HUGE difference, sort of the 900 pound gorilla. 33 girls signed up for the 16U program alone. That took...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 05:47 PMI doubt my DD 3 is being blacklisted because of her parents, but even if that were the case, it would still fall under all the other coaches being...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 03:46 PMMy DD 3 used to be on a team that left Crush for the Devils. That year at least 3 teams left Crush, which had a strong organization up to that...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 02:45 PMMeaning both the Near West and Far West HS, or both Crush and Devils (east side TB programs). Crush used to be a really good program, but they fell...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 10:54 AMThere are those that just say have your DD work hard and she will be eventually noticed. Well, last spring DD 3 won more games pitching for JV...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2018, 10:21 AMFar West. There are only a few suburban towns in the East side, and my DD 3 has played on TB teams with girls from the East side suburban teams,...76 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-09-2018, 05:03 PMWeird things can happen. For example, you could decide to give up the promotion and stay put, only to have your DD get bored and quit the sport...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2018, 02:10 PMBrings back memories of when DD 1 played softball. DD 1 was very talented, and fast. She didn't play softball very long, and only in 3...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 06:17 PMSoftball is a game. Games should be fun. (*) Is your DD having fun? (*) One of my favorite book titles, trying to get people to actually work...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2018, 06:04 PMNot sure what this means. Mostly talks about baseball. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ...749 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Madison, WI
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,342 Times in 776 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 11:28 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 05:06 PM - BobInMadison quoted softgabby in post Injuries in HS or otherwise:I know at my position, we're n...
- 02:37 PM - softgabby quoted BobInMadison in post Injuries in HS or otherwise:Yes, catchers are a bit injury pr...
- 09:52 AM - MTR quoted BobInMadison in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductTo show how incredibly ancient I ...
- 08:27 PM - softgabby quoted BobInMadison in post Injuries & Could this be considered unsportsmanlike conductTo show how incredibly ancient I ...
- 08:21 PM - softgabby quoted BobInMadison in post Prayer circlesIt was so long ago when I was in ...
- 03:20 PM - softgabby quoted BobInMadison in post Prayer circlesThat's great, as long as you don'...
- 02:51 PM - BobInMadison quoted softgabby in post Prayer circlesI'll speak for my area as far ...
- 09:22 AM - OsDad quoted BobInMadison in post Prayer circles... But then, there are those in ...
- 08:40 PM - BobInMadison quoted CMMom1740 in post Prayer circlesBob, This Southerner would n...
- 06:24 PM - BobInMadison quoted Phandle in post Prayer circlesPeople don't get offended by...
- 02:38 PM - vicimus quoted BobInMadison in post Is H.S. ball worth the time?Well, *suffering* is relative, bu...
- 01:54 PM - BuckeyeBW quoted BobInMadison in post Is H.S. ball worth the time?What struck me about this was tha...
- 09:28 AM - BobInMadison quoted Sparky Guy in post Prayer circlesSome people can be offended by ...