- Older Activity
- 12-14-2017, 06:23 PMAlways remember, "umpire" unscrambled is "rum pie". Need I say more.27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-14-2017, 04:57 PMVery similar in Wisconsin, although sometimes more than 4 games in a week. DD 1 played for one season, and they had about half their games in the...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-11-2017, 03:31 PMDifferent weather here. The white stuff I see falling out of the sky now is snow, not ashes.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-11-2017, 12:08 PMYOCOACH has a point. For example, my DD 1 quit playing softball after her freshman year in HS. She is now a college sophomore. While nothing...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 05:16 PMAbsolutely true.28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 01:58 PMWell, it could be a lot worse. Sometimes people wonder why kids who have no father present tend to worse than those with a father present. An...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 11:55 AMIt can be tough being a teenager, and really having to come to grips with your parents' limitations. I have seen that with my own kids. My work...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-08-2017, 09:56 AMI somehow have a feeling Cannonball is a very good teacher. Just my gut feeling. I hope for his students' sake I am correct. In the old days,...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 08:16 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread Blue Devil Softball Q&A: Katherine Huey in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumBest team Duke has ever had! Enjoy the ride.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 01:32 PMWhat does your DD want to do?22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-07-2017, 10:59 AMOrange Socks gave good advice. Let me add a few things to that: If the 14U team has significantly better coaching, she will probably develop...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 05:20 PMKen, too much of sports in general has become like that. Too few people are playing for fun, and too many drop out completely after they reach their...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 02:36 PMTeam Mom is a sexist term anyway. I was once Team Parent for a Little League team. Dads aren't always completely useless.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 12:30 PMThe co-ed slow pitch leagues seem to be even more popular. I know some former softball players wound up joining co-ed slow pitch teams in...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 10:36 AMVery encouraging, Cannonball. Thing is, DD 3 doesn't really know I've expected this for a long time. I hope she can enjoy her HS and TB more,...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-06-2017, 10:31 AMThere might be more truth to that than either of us would ever admit. I never expected any of my kids to be very athletic, but most of them are. ...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 06:40 PMWell, WARRIORMIKE, maybe you need to think about whether you want your DD to continue in this program. If they will treat one girl that way, they...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 04:06 PMYes, there may be another chapter. She was feeling a lot of pressure because she wanted to play college ball, but wasn't putting the time into...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 01:37 PMRecently, DD 3 dropped what she thought was a bombshell on me, except I had known it for a long, long time. DD 3 told me she most likely won't...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-05-2017, 01:21 PMA wise person once said, you get to see a person's true character in competition. That applies to crazy team mom as well.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-04-2017, 07:59 PMGreat news! She's nuts about softball, and you're completely bats! Match made in Heaven, or the softball diamond. Close enough.18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-22-2017, 04:54 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread "I am breaking up the team" via text message in Being a Softball ParentCalifornia isn't considered normal by the rest of the US. Spent last week in San Francisco. Seemed like every time I was out on the street I was...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 03:48 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread how to open mind assess your DD ability ? in Being a Softball ParentMy DS is on one of the very top D-III rowing schools in the country, and it really IS a lifestyle. He shares an apartment with two teammates with...31 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Madison, WI, working in SF Cali
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,265 Times in 724 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:38 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 04:51 PM - Bob516 quoted BobInMadison in post DD puts so much pressure on herselfWell, it could be a lot worse. ...
- 01:58 PM - BobInMadison quoted Bob516 in post DD puts so much pressure on herselfThanks. Even in the best o...
- 01:33 PM - Bob516 quoted BobInMadison in post DD puts so much pressure on herselfIt can be tough being a teenager,...
- 11:55 AM - BobInMadison quoted Bob516 in post DD puts so much pressure on herselfIt is not, but I know both ...
- 11:20 AM - Bob516 quoted BobInMadison in post DD puts so much pressure on herselfSo the problem is not just a soft...
- 12:30 PM - BobInMadison quoted chinamigarden in post The Moment of TruthAnd if she starts to miss softball...
- 10:36 AM - BobInMadison quoted Cannonball in post The Moment of Truth... Very encouraging, Cannonball. Thing is, DD 3 d...
- 10:31 AM - BobInMadison quoted #7sDad in post The Moment of TruthShe might have been worried...
- 10:11 AM - Cannonball quoted BobInMadison in post The Moment of TruthRecently, DD 3 dropped what she t...
- 09:44 AM - #7sDad quoted BobInMadison in post The Moment of TruthInterestingly, since she told me ...
- 12:30 PM - BobInMadison quoted WARRIORMIKE in post How do you survive winter in the cold weather states?Whats winter? It will come here...
- 12:28 PM - BobInMadison quoted TexAg1998 in post Craziest Finish to a GameLast fall in 16u, we’re ...
- 12:07 PM - BobInMadison quoted riseball in post Lotief?Never understood how someones...