- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 06:27 PMOur school has a $115 fee per child per sport, with a cap of about $500 per family, except many sports have extra fees. For example, it costs over...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2017, 06:21 PMThere was a time when, in the US, women's tennis was more popular with the fans than men's tennis. At that time, the US Open was the only one of...72 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2017, 09:26 AMDD 3 played her first tournament with her new team. Also, even though she has played 16U in some league games, this was her first time playing in a...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2017, 04:48 PMGreat school, great team. What's not to like?5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2017, 10:13 AMSometimes the second or third or fourth or fifth sport is the "right" one. In the 2012 Olympics, there were at least 4 former University of...133 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2017, 09:48 AMVery true. My DS rows for a D-III school. His coach was actively recruiting him. This particular school has their admissions and scholarship...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2017, 09:44 AMOne of the reasons my DD 1 quit softball was to participate in a time-intensive program that gave her a full academic scholarship. But then, my DD 1...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-05-2017, 06:13 PMAs others have stated, it depends on the sport, the athlete, and the coaches. I knew a young lady who actually did 3 D-I sports in college, and...45 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2017, 09:38 AMMy DD 3 played JV last spring, and complained the whole time. Always school politics involved, and some drama, and some bad feelings between girls...61 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-02-2017, 08:42 AMIF it works. One time my DS was in a big rowing race in Philadelphia. They were supposed to live stream the races. I was going to watch the race...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-02-2017, 08:40 AMSuch is life. DS is in a sport (rowing) that takes him all over the place. I don't even try to get to all his races. I've seen him race in...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-02-2017, 08:30 AMDD 3 played in some fall ball games with her HS team. The fall ball team is mostly girls on varsity, with a few girls from JV hoping to make varsity...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2017, 04:20 PMDD 1 is a sophomore now. Hasn't played a game of softball in over 4 years, but loving life. DD 1 is going through UW Madison on a full...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2017, 04:14 PMBobInMadison replied to a thread Angry Dad Goes Full BEAST MODE, Gets REVENGE On Daughter’s Bullies in Being a Softball ParentWe already had a few threads on this, but always good to remember.2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-26-2017, 05:40 PMMy DD 3 is a good hitter and fielder, so she rarely sits out an inning except to warm up or rest up. She will play her first tournaments with a...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-25-2017, 11:01 AMYes, there is a bias against rise ball pitchers. Comparing my experience with riseball or Ken K is like comparing a small pond to one of the...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 10:30 PMThere are a lot of teams on the Illinois side of the border. State Line Fury in Roscoe is a great program close to you. I know several people in...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 07:15 PMOne thing DW did that really WAS helpful -- At one point she was texting the score every time it changed, after the inning, etc. It turns out...43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 04:18 PMTrue. There are a lot more types. DD 1 played softball as a way to have fun with the other girls. At one point, she was on the borderline...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 03:49 PMDW's texts from softball games are sometimes very good, sometimes not very informative. On Sunday she told me DD 3's team had won the game. This...43 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Madison, WI, working in SF Cali
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,219 Times in 701 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 06:27 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 04:51 PM - MNDad quoted BobInMadison in post My daughter committed todayGreat school, great team. What's...
- 10:19 AM - Bob516 quoted BobInMadison in post realistically playing 2 div I sports?One of the reasons my DD 1 quit s...
- 10:13 AM - Bob516 quoted BobInMadison in post realistically playing 2 div I sports?Very true. My DS rows for a D-I...
- 09:53 AM - vicimus quoted BobInMadison in post realistically playing 2 div I sports?One of the reasons my DD 1 quit s...
- 09:48 AM - BobInMadison quoted Orange Socks in post realistically playing 2 div I sports?And there is lots of money availa...
- 09:44 AM - BobInMadison quoted Bob516 in post realistically playing 2 div I sports?Problem is DD1 is not simpl...
- 01:16 PM - Ken Krause quoted BobInMadison in post Game Day USA Junior All-American Games? Know anything about this?Technically, so did I, since they...
- 05:19 PM - BobInMadison quoted Ken Krause in post Game Day USA Junior All-American Games? Know anything about this?This is hilarious. I just got i...
- 02:29 PM - BobInMadison quoted Orange Socks in post Harvey UpdateWe are still dry and trying to do...
- 02:17 PM - BobInMadison quoted Chris Delorit in post Harvey UpdateHi BobInMadison, https://en.wiki...