- Older Activity
- 05-23-2017, 04:11 PMI agree the league should set the rules at the beginning of the season. a coaches meeting where these are discussed, AND WRITTEN DOWN, has real...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 04:02 PMI agree the league should set the rules at the beginning of the season. a coaches meeting where these are discussed, AND WRITTEN DOWN, has real...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 03:47 PMwe are not remotely anywhere close to this type of situation yet. situational pitching is only useful if she has control. right now, there are...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 03:40 PMi second (or third if already seconded) pretty much this entire thread. so much pressure, which is why DW really hates that DD2 wants to pitch. ...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 09:44 AMthis is going to be critical for her. one game she came apart in circle because no one was fielding behind her (and by this I mean she was no...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-23-2017, 09:37 AMupdate, practice rained out yesterday, field soaked, but rain stopped late afternoon. I asked if she wanted to practice pitching (we do it in our...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2017, 02:51 PMgonna do some video, and show and discuss with her hours or days after. she always insist she is not leaning in, not slowing down, not reaching. I...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-22-2017, 12:20 PMthanks for all the feedback. gonna try keeping big yapper shut more. biggest issue with her pitching poorly during games is if she keeps...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-20-2017, 07:48 PMRedhot coach?33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 02:06 PMi am OK with keeping mouth shut (allright, not really OK, but I can do it). issue is that she is not going to get any other feedback to pull her...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 01:46 PMgreat idea, i am stealing it ! I am definitely going to seize on this for my DD who is also struggling with searching/reaching for the zone (see...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 01:44 PMyes, but probably not all earned runs.18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-19-2017, 01:37 PMThanks for all the feedback. getting catchers to help her is not an option, they have less idea than the coaches what she is doing wrong when she...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2017, 04:27 PMSetup - DD2 is 2007 birth year. I have been her HC in LL up till this year (2 yrs coach pitch, 2 yrs 10u), she is playing 10u LL again (minors), I...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-18-2017, 03:50 PMI too mostly useed to switch them every two inning (and i kept track as well, my first coach pitch team, 5-8 yr olds, i had 16 girls). however, I do...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2017, 08:16 PMYou may want to face the last batter again say its #9 and leadoff would be up next. You still get 2 outs.39 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-17-2017, 05:22 PMinde53546 replied to a thread Slapping: I need some help understanding in Softball Hitting TechnicalASA rule supplement 10 elements of a check swing /bunt srike Did the batter roll her wrists Was the bat out front of her body5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 08:11 PMShort covers 3rd12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 01:09 PMshe switches up outfield and middle infield a lot, so they all see infield time, and no one ever sits, as sometimes we only have 8 (one game 7),...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 12:59 PMIts rec. All girls should be playing all positions provided safety isnt a concern. Be an advocate not only for your daughter but the other kids too....8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-16-2017, 11:02 AMshe pitches, catches, and plays wherever they want her on TB team as well. they have not played any games yet, no real clear cut #1 P or C on TB...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 03:45 PMOur rec league has rules/recommendations on the amount of innings girls can pitch. If yours doesnt i would just simply say hey lets try and get ??...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-15-2017, 02:50 PMI am AC for a rec team, DD2 plays, also plays travel ball, developing pitcher, pretty decent catcher (I try to take off dad glasses when evaluating...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-14-2017, 06:53 PMIs she sling shotting or figure 8? Thats kind of what im picturing9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-12-2017, 02:41 PMDD2s first TB softball tournament is supposed to be Sat (pool) and Sun (bracket), DW not pleased. Looks like Sat may get rained out, if so, I hear...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-10-2017, 03:57 PMif you intend to tote it around at all (ie like inthe trunk of a car), i like the schutt travel tee. not great for younger ages thought, as it does...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 01:33 PMtry going through AD or softball coach at the HS. Most (the good ones) will try and be supportive for local youth programs, as it can only benefit...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-08-2017, 01:10 PMinde53546 replied to a thread Fielding a bunt / dribbler - interference or obstruction? in Softball CatchingIt depends. If the ball is right out front and is/should be fielded by the C and the batter interferes with them fielding then its interference. If...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 12:46 PMbmakj replied to a thread Terrible Umpires, IMO, need to work the concessions. in Softball Rules QuestionsI think the umpires do and should broaden the zones depending on age and level of ball. typically in rec here (10u is where I have most experience,...55 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-04-2017, 12:32 PMa little too advanced for most of the girls on this team, but I like the concept. basically, if the pitcher is not fairly above average (for the...22 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Date of Birth
- July 22, 1971 (45)
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 02:51 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 04:11 PM - bmakj quoted Mocoso in post This isn't T-Ball!The biggest problem I see h...
- 04:02 PM - bmakj quoted Mocoso in post New 8u softball coach adviceYour board needs to set up ...
- 03:47 PM - bmakj quoted Amy in AZ. in post desperately need help!I suggest that you play catch w...
- 09:44 AM - bmakj quoted CoachBroker in post desperately need help!On a different note. I recommen...
- 02:54 PM - Big Daddy Michigan quoted bmakj in post batter/coach timeouts for conferencea little too advanced for ...
- 02:00 PM - MT 73 quoted bmakj in post Terrible Umpires, IMO, need to work the concessions.I think the umpires do and...
- 12:32 PM - bmakj quoted Big Daddy Michigan in post batter/coach timeouts for conferenceMy brother-in-law uses numbers to help ...
- 11:47 AM - Big Daddy Michigan quoted bmakj in post batter/coach timeouts for conferenceI coach 1B for my DDs 10u ...