Thoughts about a club coach offering all current players a spot on next year's roster, but requiring a $200+ non-refundable deposit NOW before all the other competition tryouts?
Our organization typically held its tryouts in early August and then tried to play in a couple of tournaments in late August or early September. When a player committed, we asked them to pay the uniform fee immediately so that we could have uniforms ready for that first tournament. All other fees could be paid at a later time. If the player left after those fall tournaments, they did not get a refund, but they could keep the uniform
"Once you stop learning, you start dying" -- Albert Einstein.
We do about 3 hours for weekend tournaments now so that isnt the issue. The issue is practice 2x a week for anything more that 45 miles out.
I have only asked for one private tryout in 3 years and that was just the other day. I told them I was sorry but DD could not make the original tryout due to a family vacation. The coach was more than happy to accommodate and asked if I would mind of other girls were there. By other girls I thought she was talking about girls my DD's age going for the same team.
When it comes to the big casting call it seems some are very organized and others are just a big cluster. I hate it when the coaches do not come and talk to you afterword or send you something on the overall performance. I know they have alot going on but it would be nice to know what your DD did wrong or what they need to work on.
With that said.. in my families situation waiting until the winter might not be a bad ideal.
Dang, I hate July. Used to be one of my favorite months, but that was before travel softball.
We've just finished our fourth season on our third team. Really, really, really don't want to switch to a new uniform.
30 more minutes till the next game on GC. Wife is there for the XYZ World Series and sends the most useless texts about what is happening.