That’s Never Called! (A pretty straightforward interference)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Watched a bunch of games this weekend. A few travel, one of my own, plus a 10u "All-Star" game (rec league, in-house game).

Aside from the one umpire who was allergic to C position, the only "issue" was in the All-Star Game. The volunteer parent umpire dropped a dreaded "hands are part of the bat" when a girl got hit on the hands with a pitch. She wanted to keep batting anyway, and eventually got a hit, but I did let him know that the hands are, in fact, part of the body and not the bat.

Someone (not it) needs to make a list of those simple, most common rule myths, and we need to distribute it to all parents/coaches somehow.

Had an umpire at a high level tournament this weekend who does college games tell our coach that hands are part of the bat. He politely requested he consult his partner who confirmed that hands are indeed part of the bat. To their credit later in the game they stopped the UIC as he was driving by and asked and were told that they are in fact part of the body. Now everyone knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
I'll step on some toes here ...

Just because you umpire college games doesn't mean you should. Granted, I am a disenfranchised umpire when it comes to believing that doing a good job will get you opportunities. Around here, it is who is available to do a 2:00 game during the week ... which points you in a certain direction.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
I'll step on some toes here ...

Just because you umpire college games doesn't mean you should. Granted, I am a disenfranchised umpire when it comes to believing that doing a good job will get you opportunities. Around here, it is who is available to do a 2:00 game during the week ... which points you in a certain direction.
True. Some of the best Umps I know do city league & high school ball because that's what's available in their area and fits their schedule. Some of the worst umps I've seen do local games also do NCAA because they are willing to travel.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414