Pitching machine balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2018
Just bought a Hack Attack Jr and wanted to see what others teams are using for practice. I see lots of yellow dimple balls and rep advised we could use a low seam Kevlar leather ball. The kevlar seamed balls are very expensive about $100 a dozen. Some of the dimple balls, people have reviewed on have blown up when used so not sure which way to go! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Sep 21, 2017
PA
I have a bucket of dimples that we only use for our H.A. jr. They're only a year old, and have held up ok. They're pretty firm, not 100% sure which brand we went with. I don't 100% love them, but they work.

A catching coach friend of mine uses Macgregor X100 Poly Graphite. She's tried out a few different brands, and those are what she likes best. I'll be picking up a few dozen soon. You can find them for around $50/dozen online, or maybe cheaper if you know a rep. Just don't get something with a high seam.

Dec 11, 2010
I can tell you that the Jugs dimples I had would not work with my hack attack. Very inconsistent flight, worked fine in a Jugs machine. Local hitting instructor told me he used Baden dimple balls. They have printed seams on them. That’s what I have used.

I have some leather cover Kevlar stitch machine balls. They are very hard and sound funny when you hit them. We quit using them. Other brands might be better, idk. You can run any leather cover ball through a hack attack- lots of people use fastpitch balls but slow pitch balls have lower seams. I’d like to try those like Coach Foster mentioned above.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06